This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Gold Gloves are voted by managers and coaches. Even if the votes were close, it means you were the best, or at least 2nd best.....
    How can someone be overrated when they are perennially viewed as one of the absolute best players around.....and when that happens for the bestter part of 2 decades, it means you're one of the greatest ever.

Eli has never once been viewed as the best QB in the NFL. that's a bad comparison. Jeter was consistently viewed as the best, on both sides of the ball, which is INSANELY rare for a SS.
    You either have guys there for their defense, or guys who can hit well who might be a defensive liability. Jeter was one of the best at both....I don't even see how it's an argument. The institution of baseball agrees.
    The institution of baseball was also shocked when they learned that McGuire and Sosa were on steroids during the HR record chase. The institution of baseball has proven itself to be exceptionally stupid time and time again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Ill never understand how people like MH and Jmike can stop loving their team because a player leaves or they hate a player that much.

Tommy Cacks is gone, Im still in mourning but Id never stop rooting for my Giants

I guess I keep it real
      Jeter made it unwatchable for me. I never stopped rooting for the Yankees, tried to, didn't work. I just stopped watching. Its been so long now, I just don't care anymore. I hated Shockey also, not to the level of Jeter though. I would turn on a game from time to time to watch Mo pitch.

Comment

• Yea what awful range.

Comment

• I'm ending this conversation. It's hilariously bad.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Yea what awful range.
            Jeter, making the routine look exciting again. A decent SS would have been in front of that ball and thrown with both feet still on the ground. That was what? 8 feet from where he was aligned? His LL coach would have yelled at him for dogging it to the ball to look like a hot dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Jeter, making the routine look exciting again. A decent SS would have been in front of that ball and thrown with both feet still on the ground. That was what? 8 feet from where he was aligned? His LL coach would have yelled at him for dogging it to the ball to look like a hot dog.
              He a good 60 ft from 2nd. Theres nothing routine about that play mikey. lol Stop the madness.
              Last edited by dezzzR; 02-22-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• The only thing routine about it is he would routinely make those plays look routine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I assume you're joking....

It's a very rare day on these nygmbs when I'm not.

Tis very rare, indeed

Comment

• I like road trips

Comment

He a good 50 ft from 2nd. Theres nothing routine about that play mikey. lol Stop the madness.
                      The shortstop is not positioned at 2nd base. Certainly not with nobody on and a righty at the plate. He had to move 8 feet to get that, and the ball was slow moving. No reason for him to extend for it and make a leaping throw if he had decent range. Look at his total chances compared to other SS of his time, he is on the very low end of that bell curve. He did not have the range to be a superior player there. He had good soft hands and a good arm which made him reliable, not great. Much like Cal Ripken.

Comment

• http://i.imgur.com/w6fdZJi.gifv
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Ill never understand how people like MH and Jmike can stop loving their team because a player leaves or they hate a player that much.

Tommy Cacks is gone, Im still in mourning but Id never stop rooting for my Giants

I guess I keep it real
                          I was like 10
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Jeter made it unwatchable for me. I never stopped rooting for the Yankees, tried to, didn't work. I just stopped watching. Its been so long now, I just don't care anymore. I hated Shockey also, not to the level of Jeter though. I would turn on a game from time to time to watch Mo pitch.
                            Even as a Sox fan I find this strange.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

So youre a traitor.

Comment

Working...
                                X