This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    Jpp ayers and a guy like Noah Spence could be good, especially if they bring in a top 3tech like wilkerson. Jenkins is fine, we just need a better starter than him.

That still leaves us needing 2 corners a MLB and a fs
    hmmm.....I think we need more than just a MLB. I mean, that should be the priority, but, we spent money on a bunch of "enhancement talent" last year at LB, and they really showed their jobber status.

Christ, this is really Reese's last chance at fixing this team in FA and the draft. I'm anticipating the draft this year even more than last.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      hmmm.....I think we need more than just a MLB. I mean, that should be the priority, but, we spent money on a bunch of "enhancement talent" last year at LB, and they really showed their jobber status.

Christ, this is really Reese's last chance at fixing this team in FA and the draft. I'm anticipating the draft this year even more than last.
      Linebackers are just such little impact when compared to DL and secondary that it is hard to justify resources going there when we have holes on DL and secondary

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Ayers and JPP.....definitely.

Jenkins......No sir. Too old and will break down.
        Id like to keep Jpp and get someone like Mario on the other side.

Comment

• Id like to bring Prince back as well but not at 10 mill, hes crazy.

Comment

• Yes, let's bring back guys who were part of arguably the worst defense in Giants history.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Linebackers are just such little impact when compared to DL and secondary that it is hard to justify resources going there when we have holes on DL and secondary
              Well I agree......but our LBs have always been below average in recent history....so, it'd be great to get an impact player at some point.
              I prefer the DL and secondary also though as the primary focus.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Id like to bring Prince back as well but not at 10 mill, hes crazy.
                seriously....I don't know what he's thinking. didn't they use that option on him that already overpaid him last year??
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                  Yes, let's bring back guys who were part of arguably the worst defense in Giants history.
                  Yea the line needs to be upgraded. Ayers is a solid player but he wasnt getting it done last year.

hows it going?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Id like to keep Jpp and get someone like Mario on the other side.
                    Ayers is every bit the player that Mario Williams is right now.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Ayers is every bit the player that Mario Williams is right now.
                      So is it your opinion that Mario Williams has regressed? Because I'm really not to sure that's the case.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Not only do we need a MLB because that position is vacant, but we need someone to be the leader of this D. A young guy like Kuechly or Lavontae David would be so instrumental to this team.

We also need passrushers, and a safety, and a corner......there's just too much for Reese to fix in one offseason imo but I would take care of the MLB situation first and foremost.

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                          Not only do we need a MLB because that position is vacant, but we need someone to be the leader of this D. A young guy like Kuechly or Lavontae David would be so instrumental to this team.

We also need passrushers, and a safety, and a corner......there's just too much for Reese to fix in one offseason imo but I would take care of the MLB situation first and foremost.
                          I KNOW!!! It's crazy to me that we haven't found a guy like that over a 10 yr span!! (referring to Kuechly, etc)
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            I KNOW!!! It's crazy to me that we haven't found a guy like that over a 10 yr span!! (referring to Kuechly, etc)
                            It's unbelievable....there are so many of these guys around the league too, I know it's easy to just throw Kuechly's name around but there are a ton of other guys.

How the hell does Reese try to find these "gems" and end up drafting guys like Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones and Goff? My God.....

Comment

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                              It's unbelievable....there are so many of these guys around the league too, I know it's easy to just throw Kuechly's name around but there are a ton of other guys.

How the hell does Reese try to find these "gems" and end up drafting guys like Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones and Goff? My God.....
                              lmao...Jaquian Williams, Clint Sintim....
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't think the scouts and the coaches are on the same page when it comes to LBers. What the scouts are looking for does not seem to match what the coaches need to effectively run the defense. It is hard enough to find players when bargain shopping a position, but the scouts are shopping for paper towels at the family dollar when the coaches need toilet paper. Never gonna work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X