This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Well technically you're not because congress has to declare war which hasn't happened since 1941....but lets forget about that constitution because why not.

So who exactly are you at war with? Those guys you armed to fight the Soviets in the 80's who later attacked you on 9/11? Those "moderate rebels" who you armed and helped overthrow Gaddafi, who sodomized and murdered him in the street constituting a war crime, who then turned Libya into a terrorist hotbed and failed state? Those "moderate rebels" cutting people's heads off in Syria?

If I didn't know any better, I would actually believe the mainstream media and think Assad is at war with us and we need to overthrow him. I mean, look at the danger he poses to the US, surely we need to be at war with that secular leader and help those "moderate" terrorists take over Syria.
    Which is why I said whether we like it or not. We are at war Islamic jihadists that want to kill innocent people like AQ and ISIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      We are at war with Jihadism. We can argue about that. What we can't argue with is that THEY are at war with us.
      Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I shaved my beard today, my face feels neked.
        Good, beards are awful.

Comment

Just voted in the MA primary.

We're all screwed however. Trump v Hillary is a nightmare.
          yup

Comment

Just voted in the MA primary.

We're all screwed however. Trump v Hillary is a nightmare.
            I feel like David Spade in Black Sheep.

"Whod you vote for?.."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Good, beards are awful.
              All the more reason you should like Derek.
              I dont ever remember seeing him with a 5 oclock shadow.

You know this isnt stopping until we get the story, right?

Comment

All the more reason you should like Derek.
                I dont ever remember seeing him with a 5 oclock shadow.

You know this isnt stopping until we get the story, right?
                Well then I guess it will never stop.

Comment

I definitely am not an interventionist. Rand and especially Ron went far beyond that.
                  I remember Ron Paul suggesting that Iran has every right to pursue a nuclear weapon.
                  There is a difference between being a not interventionist and being completely naive about the world.
                  I could go on for days about our ridiculous use of military, especially in the middle east.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him saying they have every right to have a nuclear program, not a nuclear weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain of that.

And as a signatory to the non proliferation treaty, they have every right to have a nuclear program that is NOT used for weapons. The IAEA said there's no evidence they're making nuclear weapons, the CIA said there's no evidence they're making nuclear weapons, the Israeli Mossad said they have no credible evidence they're making nuclear weapons. Yet the US has shattered their economy and normal citizens with these sanctions for decades because of speculation, mostly due to Israeli propaganda. Netanyahu has been saying they're "6 months away from a nuclear bomb" literally since the 90's....I'll never forget his cute little sketch of the ticking timebomb at the UN. Of course everytime they're "6 months" away, and they never seem to have it.

Comment

Which is why I said whether we like it or not. We are at war Islamic jihadists that want to kill innocent people like AQ and ISIS.
                    My point is these organizations and savage barbarians are a direct unforeseen consequence of foreign intervention by the US. The former being directly funded by the CIA in the 80's to fight the USSR, and the latter being created out of the vacuum left by Saddam's forced removal of power.

We can argue all day but no one in the world would argue that ISIS would have existed if Saddam was left alone.

Comment

• Well the one bright side of a nuclear war wiping out nearly all of humanity is we won't have to hear about the threat of global warming from anyone anymore and the last remaining vegans will probably turn cannibal.

Comment

My point is these organizations and savage barbarians are a direct unforeseen consequence of foreign intervention by the US. The former being directly funded by the CIA in the 80's to fight the USSR, and the latter being created out of the vacuum left by Saddam's forced removal of power.

We can argue all day but no one in the world would argue that ISIS would have existed if Saddam was left alone.
                        Usually when you help someone they dont try and fly planes into buildings. They didnt attack us because we helped them in 80s, makes no sense. Most of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi, as was OBL. These fanatics dont care about borders. AQ is everywhere as is ISIS. The vacuum in Iraq was created when our forces pulled out. The sectarian violence was under control before they pulled out.

We can play Captain Hindsight all day, the real question is how to deal with these pieces of ****.

Comment

The sectarian violence was under control before they pulled out.
                          It's all about timing. There are usually consequences when you are too late.

Comment

Usually when you help someone they dont try and fly planes into buildings. They didnt attack us because we helped them in 80s, makes no sense. Most of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi, as was OBL. These fanatics dont care about borders. AQ is everywhere as is ISIS. The vacuum in Iraq was created when our forces pulled out. The sectarian violence was under control before they pulled out.

We can play Captain Hindsight all day, the real question is how to deal with these pieces of ****.
                            They didn't attack you because you helped them, they attacked because they're radical barbarians, but they were helped fight the Soviets by the US, while the CIA knew full well these people were savages, but they saw it as "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Turned out that couldn't be farther from the truth.

As for the attackers of 9/11 being mostly Saudi, it's interesting that the US' biggest Arab ally is the Saudis. The single biggest exporter of terrorism and terrorist ideology. We know this and the US still continues to arm them to the teeth with billions of dollars which they use to kill Yemenis and arm terrorists in Syria. This isn't hindsight, this is happening now.

As for "Iraq was only bad because we pulled out", I am so sick of hearing that neo-conservative line. That's like saying a gang of armed people smash and break down the walls of a bank and occupy it for a few days, and then leave. And when the community sees the open bank they storm it and rob it, we say "the problem was the armed group left", no the problem was the armed group BREAKING THE PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, had nothing to do with Al Qaeda, had no WMD's, and that country and its military was decimated over what? Over nothing. The thousands of lives lost then and until today because of these terrorists are all lives lost in vain.

Even most Republicans now admit that was a disaster, let's stop lying to ourselves and say "well it wasn't a mistake, we just needed to occupy it with American soldiers for a few hundred years until people there learned to be civil Jeffersonians". That's the neocon myth that needs to die.

Comment

I feel like David Spade in Black Sheep.

"Whod you vote for?.."
                              I voted for John Kasich.
                              I got interviewed on TV at the Kasich town hall in Springfield.
                              I'm pretty much a star.
                              Last edited by Morehead State; 03-01-2016, 02:26 PM.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him saying they have every right to have a nuclear program, not a nuclear weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm almost certain of that.

And as a signatory to the non proliferation treaty, they have every right to have a nuclear program that is NOT used for weapons. The IAEA said there's no evidence they're making nuclear weapons, the CIA said there's no evidence they're making nuclear weapons, the Israeli Mossad said they have no credible evidence they're making nuclear weapons. Yet the US has shattered their economy and normal citizens with these sanctions for decades because of speculation, mostly due to Israeli propaganda. Netanyahu has been saying they're "6 months away from a nuclear bomb" literally since the 90's....I'll never forget his cute little sketch of the ticking timebomb at the UN. Of course everytime they're "6 months" away, and they never seem to have it.
                                Iran is full of ****. Why did they have so many centrifuges then? Of course they want a bomb and to believe other wise is naive.
                                They are also the number one state sponsor of terror, they supplied Shiite insurgents with weapons in Iraq as well. They deserved to be sanctioned. They are our enemies.

Lets give our enemies 150 billion to maaaaaybe not build a wmd, what sound diplomacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X