This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
    He was 1 of the worst rated LTs in the league last season. He was a prototypical RT coming out of college and Okung is a top 10 LT who still has half of a tank of gas left to go. The injuries suck, but the potential is worth it IMO

...And it would free us up to draft Laquan Treadwell in the 1st
    This is why i dont put much in those rankings. Flowers looked fine. Few mistakes here and there but not enough to make him the worst ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      This is why i dont put much in those rankings. Flowers looked fine. Few mistakes here and there but not enough to make him the worst ranked.
      He was bad last year, call it rookie mistakes, being forced into left tackle; whatever the reason Flowers was not good last season.
      Reason fans gravitated towards him was he played hurt, which fans love to see. Especially from a rookie.
      He's best suited at right tackle, where his weakness for speed rushers can be controlled.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
        He was 1 of the worst rated LTs in the league last season. He was a prototypical RT coming out of college and Okung is a top 10 LT who still has half of a tank of gas left to go. The injuries suck, but the potential is worth it IMO

...And it would free us up to draft Laquan Treadwell in the 1st
        Oh...well if he's RATED the lowest, lets just cut the useless POS....
        I really think judging him based on PFF is ****ing stupid. It's not as if Eli was on his *** more than his clumsy *** usually is. Flowers wasn't even supposed to start last year. We're putting "enhancement talent" on the OL, and we're blowing up the rookie LT for some reason. Flowers was fine. Flowers was NOT the worst LT in the league.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by ny06 View Post
          He was bad last year, call it rookie mistakes, being forced into left tackle; whatever the reason Flowers was not good last season.
          Reason fans gravitated towards him was he played hurt, which fans love to see. Especially from a rookie.
          He's best suited at right tackle, where his weakness for speed rushers can be controlled.
          dear lawd....youre contradicting yourself....

was it rookie mistakes or was it playing injured? Do either of those things mean he played bad? I don't think so. You know who did play bad? the turnstile part of the line. newhouse, hart, jerry....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            dear lawd....youre contradicting yourself....

was it rookie mistakes or was it playing injured? Do either of those things mean he played bad? I don't think so. You know who did play bad? the turnstile part of the line. newhouse, hart, jerry....
            What's confusing about being called out for poor play?
            Since I'm not coaching the Giants I can't say for certain what the reason was, fact is he didn't play well.
            I don't need PFF to tell me if he played well or not, he didn't play well. That's not an assumption, watch the tape.
            How did hart play bad? He played about 5 minutes last season, if you're going to add players on the line who played poorly then include Flowers.
            Richburg, Pugh and Schwartz all played well. The rest you can chalk up to unproductive.
            I'm still trying to find out how You think Flowers played well? It's baffling...

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              Ron Dayne???

Only if we can get him for the right price.

Comment

Hes due to pick a gem.
                He picked the best player in the 2014 draft.

signed,

your friend Morehead

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

signed,

your friend Morehead
                  I'm sure he complained about something.....

That draft was stacked.....I know a lot of people here were mad we passed on Aaron Donald and Zack Martin.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Flowers did not play well at LT, pretty bad actually. Hopefully he gets better, but let's not pretend like he was a good player last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

signed,

your friend Morehead
                      I'm everyone's friend.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Remind us of anybody????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaDrnxp3L0

Comment

• I gotta say, I love the way hes pissing everyone off.
                          Sadly though, he looks like the best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                            Flowers did not play well at LT, pretty bad actually. Hopefully he gets better, but let's not pretend like he was a good player last year
                            I dont think anyone is pretending anything. I said I didnt believe he was one of the worst tackles in the league, just like I dont think Richburgs the best center. I think the whole line played decent besides Newhouse. Now theres one of the worst tackles in the league

Comment

I gotta say, I love the way hes pissing everyone off.
                              Best option?

Are you friggin crazy?
                              Trump is a nightmare for this country. Not to mention what he's doing to the conservative movement.

Comment

I gotta say, I love the way hes pissing everyone off.
                                The ****?! What kind of complacent bull**** is this? You don't deserve to vote. END DEZZ' SUFFERAGE!!!
                                Actually, END DEZZ ALTOGETHER!!!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X