This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Hey Morehead - how did the gig go on Saturday?
    Great.
    Learned a few things but the crowd was great. Probably the biggest crowd we've ever had.
    The place made so much money they threw in an extra $200.00 above the cover charge.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Nice. It's the least they could do after all the booze you sold for them.

Nice PRS, did you swap out those pickups?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Great.
        Learned a few things but the crowd was great. Probably the biggest crowd we've ever had.
        The place made so much money they threw in an extra $200.00 above the cover charge.
        a cover charge?
        Is that a thing when bands play at a bar?
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          a cover charge?
          Is that a thing when bands play at a bar?
          Not usually but at this place we charged $5.00. It's the best way to get SOME cash. This bar doesn't have bands generally. It's just a local American Legion. We just needed a place to play.
          Last year with the old band we made about $300 after all was said and done. Saturday we made about $600.00.
          And now it's split 4 ways instead of 5. We were shocked when they handed us the cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            Nice. It's the least they could do after all the booze you sold for them.

Nice PRS, did you swap out those pickups?
            I love that friggin guitar. If you remember I bought a Gretsch. I sold my old PRS to help get the funds and immediately regretted it. So I brought the Gretsch back to Guitar Center and bought a new PRS SE Custom 24. Combined with my Marshall head and the two cabs I built myself I'm in love with the tone.
            I'm a Marshall guy from here on. No more Fender or Blackstar amps.

Comment

Not usually but at this place we charged $5.00. It's the best way to get SOME cash. This bar doesn't have bands generally. It's just a local American Legion. We just needed a place to play.
              Last year with the old band we made about $300 after all was said and done. Saturday we made about $600.00.
              And now it's split 4 ways instead of 5. We were shocked when they handed us the cash.
              oh ok, at a legion I could see that.
              when I go to a bar, and there's a band there, i'll stay to be respectful, but if they charged me to see someone I didn't come to intentionally watch, that seems kinda silly, i'm sure you'd understand.

Obviously I'm a huge music fan, but there's something about walking into a bar, where you planned on hanging out with your friends, and a band be blasting you out of the door so loud you can't hear anything. I have no interest in that usually. There have been exceptions.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• MHs milkshake brings all the coougs to the yaaaaard

Comment

• whoever brought back mom jeans needs to die a fiery death.......
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

oh ok, at a legion I could see that.
                    when I go to a bar, and there's a band there, i'll stay to be respectful, but if they charged me to see someone I didn't come to intentionally watch, that seems kinda silly, i'm sure you'd understand.

Obviously I'm a huge music fan, but there's something about walking into a bar, where you planned on hanging out with your friends, and a band be blasting you out of the door so loud you can't hear anything. I have no interest in that usually. There have been exceptions.
                    We try not to be loud. We have this chick singer who is friggin great.

Here's a song from Saturday. We are about 35% acoustic and 65% electric guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXGPga8g74

Comment

We try not to be loud. We have this chick singer who is friggin great.

Here's a song from Saturday. We are about 35% acoustic and 65% electric guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXGPga8g74
                      can't view at work. You've posted quality stuff in the past though, so im down wit it!

it was more of a general peeve I have I guess, nothing against you making money off it or anything like that.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

can't view at work. You've posted quality stuff in the past though, so im down wit it!

it was more of a general peeve I have I guess, nothing against you making money off it or anything like that.
                        But can he shred a solo? That remains to be seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          hmmm.....cannot confirm.....
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Not what we do in this band.

Comment

hmmm.....cannot confirm.....
                              Have you heard about gameshare on the consuls?

Comment

Have you heard about gameshare on the consuls?
                                nope, not familiar. but I don't really play much anymore. don't have any current gen consoles actually.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X