Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love that friggin guitar. If you remember I bought a Gretsch. I sold my old PRS to help get the funds and immediately regretted it. So I brought the Gretsch back to Guitar Center and bought a new PRS SE Custom 24. Combined with my Marshall head and the two cabs I built myself I'm in love with the tone.
    I'm a Marshall guy from here on. No more Fender or Blackstar amps.

    Welcome to the darkside. I knew we'd get you eventually...

    I love my Gibson but if I'm playing a guitar, I'm bringing the PRS (I've got a Custom 24 as well). My shoulder just can not deal with the weight of a Les Paul anymore. I'm too damn old.

    Nice move trading out the Gretsch for the PRS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      MHs milkshake brings all the coougs to the yaaaaard


      I literally laughed out loud.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Welcome to the darkside. I knew we'd get you eventually...

        I love my Gibson but if I'm playing a guitar, I'm bringing the PRS (I've got a Custom 24 as well). My shoulder just can not deal with the weight of a Les Paul anymore. I'm too damn old.

        Nice move trading out the Gretsch for the PRS
        I have had a Custom 22, SE semi-hollow. SE Paul Allender, SE Santana and a Custom 24. Now I have another Custom 24. PRS is nothing new to me.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Nice clip (can't view at work) I love the singer playing harp; good stuff

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            We try not to be loud. We have this chick singer who is friggin great.

            Here's a song from Saturday. We are about 35% acoustic and 65% electric guitar.

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXGPga8g74
            Does crowd noise ever bother your band? I mean chatter from people trying to talk over your playing. I usually prefer seeing cover bands outside at the local docks, where that's less of an issue. Even the library has occasional shows where everyone keeps quiet and you can enjoy the music more, believe it or not (good soundproofing).
            One recent show had a girl singing and playing a hollow body-resonator type guitar - did mostly Buddy Holly / Chuck Berry / Johnny Cash. Fantastic stuff!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Does crowd noise ever bother your band? I mean chatter from people trying to talk over your playing. I usually prefer seeing cover bands outside at the local docks, where that's less of an issue. Even the library has occasional shows where everyone keeps quiet and you can enjoy the music more, believe it or not (good soundproofing).
              One recent show had a girl singing and playing a hollow body-resonator type guitar - did mostly Buddy Holly / Chuck Berry / Johnny Cash. Fantastic stuff!
              Well it was a big crowd. Don't really notice the noise when we're playing. Our chick is awesome. We do a reggae version of Walking On Sunshine where she's singing, playing the Cajon she's sitting on, AND playing the harp she has strapped on. Works great.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Well it was a big crowd. Don't really notice the noise when we're playing. Our chick is awesome. We do a reggae version of Walking On Sunshine where she's singing, playing the Cajon she's sitting on, AND playing the harp she has strapped on. Works great.
                Yeah, I saw some stuff on a site for you guys - good for you, making people happy!

                Comment


                • Free Chumlee!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    Yeah, I saw some stuff on a site for you guys - good for you, making people happy!
                    Well...what I do and what my band does are two different things.

                    I the name of cheap promotion...Here is my latest hit...."Over You"...Climbing the charts as we speak.

                    https://www.reverbnation.com/yummytheunderdog
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                      Speaking of work - likely starting a new company (engineering firm) with some coworkers. Any tips? Sifting though piles and piles of information
                      First you need to decide how you are going to set it up. There are advantages and disadvantages to 1065, 1120 and 1120s corps and you need to talk to a lawyer and cpa to see what will work best for you and your co-workers.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        What % chance to we have to sign Okung??
                        If he's visiting here and Detroit, THAT works to our advantage...lol
                        Only if he makes it out of Detriot alive.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Browns release Johnny

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                            Flowers did not play well at LT, pretty bad actually. Hopefully he gets better, but let's not pretend like he was a good player last year
                            His play wasn't good, but he did look promising. His play did not indicate he could not play the left side in the NFL, just that he wasn't ready out of the gate to do it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              What's with all the drama about Snacks taking a #
                              I hate twitter....makes people stupid.
                              No it doesn't, just gives them a place to be recognized for it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                I think Tommy would be a great president. Would you vote for him?

                                All about votes, no one else is getting them
                                Soooo..... you don't want him to win, but you will vote for him because you think he will win?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X