This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't know how good Geno is at all. He was penciled in as the starter until he got punched. Maybe they think Geno is the guy.
    he played every game in 14. He only threw 13 tds.

Comment

I was just poking you with a stick. You're easy.
      Glad I could show you a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        High for him but they have to do it. Geno is awful.
        What is the point though, how many games will the win with Fitz, 7 max. Might as well go with Geno and get a top QB in next year's draft would do more for the franchise than a couple of wins this season. Also it gives Geno the chance to maybe fulfill the promise some see in him. If he tanks as expected, you get a top 5 pick and probably a top QB if you want him. Fitz does nothing for them, at this point everyone knows what Fitz is and he is not a guy that is leading you to a super bowl.

If I'm the Jets I go with Geno or sign Maziel cheap and run with one or the other all season. No lose situation for them, they will suck with whoever is out there, those two have at least shown something at some point to make some people think they can be NFL QBs. If either shows that they are, great you have QB settled for a while. If not you get the top 5 pick and a new QB for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          What is the point though, how many games will the win with Fitz, 7 max. Might as well go with Geno and get a top QB in next year's draft would do more for the franchise than a couple of wins this season. Also it gives Geno the chance to maybe fulfill the promise some see in him. If he tanks as expected, you get a top 5 pick and probably a top QB if you want him. Fitz does nothing for them, at this point everyone knows what Fitz is and he is not a guy that is leading you to a super bowl.

If I'm the Jets I go with Geno or sign Maziel cheap and run with one or the other all season. No lose situation for them, they will suck with whoever is out there, those two have at least shown something at some point to make some people think they can be NFL QBs. If either shows that they are, great you have QB settled for a while. If not you get the top 5 pick and a new QB for a while.
          While I agree Fitzpatrick may be limited in terms of advancing in the playoffs, he has the Jets and their fans believing in the team for the first time in a long time. The team overall certainly does not suck. They beat New England last season, in well played game. They have lost a few guys, but picked up equal talent. To go backwards with Geno or nutjob makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            While I agree Fitzpatrick may be limited in terms of advancing in the playoffs, he has the Jets and their fans believing in the team for the first time in a long time. The team overall certainly does not suck. They beat New England last season, in well played game. They have lost a few guys, but picked up equal talent. To go backwards with Geno or nutjob makes no sense.
            They are going nowhere with Fitz and have no chance at getting over the hump as long as they keep running him out there. Do you take a chance at going backwards to move forward or do you keep running in place with Fitz. You are wasting the talent on the rest of the team until you get a viable NFL starting QB. Unfortunately for the Jets there are none out there, paying Fitz like he is one because you don't have other options is not the way to move forward. If they could get Fitz at the cost of a back-up vet QB, which is what he is, then fine.

Comment

They are going nowhere with Fitz and have no chance at getting over the hump as long as they keep running him out there. Do you take a chance at going backwards to move forward or do you keep running in place with Fitz. You are wasting the talent on the rest of the team until you get a viable NFL starting QB. Unfortunately for the Jets there are none out there, paying Fitz like he is one because you don't have other options is not the way to move forward. If they could get Fitz at the cost of a back-up vet QB, which is what he is, then fine.
              I think youre mistaken on that mike. Fitz and Marshall helped them win a lot of games last year. He had 31 tds last year compared to Genos Smiths 13 the previous year. He runs their system very well. Letting him go is a step back, a big one.

Comment

No, you are showing apathy, not displeasure. Writing somebody in shows that you care enough to go and vote but do not like your options. Not voting shows that there is yet another person who doesn't care.

Kyle's just upset because he has to choose between a ****** and a turd.

Comment

I think youre mistaken on that mike. Fitz and Marshall helped them win a lot of games last year. He had 31 tds last year compared to Genos Smiths 13 the previous year. He runs their system very well. Letting him go is a step back, a big one.

I don't agree. I hear he wants $15MM and the Jets are offering around $7MM. They should meet around $8MM or so with incentives.

Fitzpatrick isn't that good but I admit he had a good year last year in the Jets system. They just need a decent QB to manage the game and get them to a point where they can find a franchise QB, which Fitzpatrick is not.

Frankly, if they could have the Sanchez of (6? 7?) years ago, they'd be fine. They don't need a QB to win them games, they just need someone not to lose them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    I don't agree. I hear he wants $15MM and the Jets are offering around $7MM. They should meet around $8MM or so with incentives.

Fitzpatrick isn't that good but I admit he had a good year last year in the Jets system. They just need a decent QB to manage the game and get them to a point where they can find a franchise QB, which Fitzpatrick is not.

Frankly, if they could have the Sanchez of (6? 7?) years ago, they'd be fine. They don't need a QB to win them games, they just need someone not to lose them.
                    Id meet in the middle if I were either party. Hes not the greatest by any means but he fits that system well. I believe he is that decent QB that can manage the game, he proved that last year. Plus I think Marshall would flip a **** if they didnt resign him.
                    Last edited by dezzzR; 03-17-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

he played every game in 14. He only threw 13 tds.
                      So if i threw out some completely random #'s.........Let's say a rookie QB had a little over 1000 yards in...let's say...7 starts. Let's say he had 6 TD's and ...oh......let's say 9 interceptions.......and (just making things up).....let's say he had a 48% completion percentage.........would you say he isn't going to be a good QB???
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So if i threw out some completely random #'s.........Let's say a rookie QB had a little over 1000 yards in...let's say...7 starts. Let's say he had 6 TD's and ...oh......let's say 9 interceptions.......and (just making things up).....let's say he had a 48% completion percentage.........would you say he isn't going to be a good QB???
                        What are you saying oppa? You think hes good or we havent seen enough of him?

Wouldnt you want to stick with the guy who had a good year last year?

Comment

I'm guessing he's throwing Eli's rookie numbers out as random stats, just to F you up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                            I'm guessing he's throwing Eli's rookie numbers out as random stats, just to F you up.
                            Thats exactly what hes doing.

Comment

Thats exactly what hes doing.
                              I don't remember Eli throwing pick 6's at the worst possible times, like Geno.
                              Honestly, with the Giants being my #1 team - I just need the Jets to be respectable, in order to put aside the time to watch them. I don't see any FA or draft pick they can get right now that will do more for them than Fitzpatrick in the next season or two.

Comment

You are basing your evaluation of Geno on his rookie season. If everyone did that, there would be a lot of great QB's who never got to play.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X