This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    I don't remember Eli throwing pick 6's at the worst possible times, like Geno.
    Honestly, with the Giants being my #1 team - I just need the Jets to be respectable, in order to put aside the time to watch them. I don't see any FA or draft pick they can get right now that will do more for them than Fitzpatrick in the next season or two.
    Watch Eli against the Ravens in 2004. It may have been the worst game a QB has ever had in the NFL.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      You are basing your evaluation of Geno on his rookie season. If everyone did that, there would be a lot of great QB's who never got to play.
      Ok lets say he is good, why go through growing pains when you have a competent QB?

Comment

Watch Eli against the Ravens in 2004. It may have been the worst game a QB has ever had in the NFL.
        Ok and then watch the 2nd half of the last game against the cowboys.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Ok lets say he is good, why go through growing pains when you have a competent QB?
          I think they should keep Fitz myself but it's clear they don't have enough interest to offer him starting QB money. Not sure why.

Comment

Ok and then watch the 2nd half of the last game against the cowboys.
            Watch Geno against Atlanta.

Comment

• Comment

You mean we should have kept Kurt Warner as our starter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                  You mean we should have kept Kurt Warner as our starter?
                  Different situation. That was the middle of the season and Warner only had 6 tds and was sacked 39 times through 10 games.

Comment

Different situation. That was the middle of the season and Warner only had 6 tds and was sacked 39 times through 10 games.
                    It was 9 games and we were 5-4. Then 1-6 with Eli.

Comment

And then went 11-5 next year. Do you think Geno can do that? I dont.
                      The best chance of the Jets winning is with Fitz. If Fitz is getting killed next year like Warner was then put Geno in and hope for the best.

When Tommys not winning hes saving lives. Warner should be grateful.

Comment

The best chance of the Jets winning is with Fitz. If Fitz is getting killed next year like Warner was then put Geno in and hope for the best.

Fitz is a good game manager, and you can see he has the team behind him - for a mediocre QB. The one thing I don't care for is the number of plays that he doesn't find anyone open, and runs straight ahead if he sees space to do it. Can't do that for long.

Comment

Oh boy, here we go

Comment

If you think I'm defending Geno Smith you're wrong. I just don't discount the possibility that he could be a good QB. He didn't get the advantage of Brandon Marshall like Fitz did.

Comment

If you think I'm defending Geno Smith you're wrong. I just don't discount the possibility that he could be a good QB. He didn't get the advantage of Brandon Marshall like Fitz did.
                              That is where I would be with that situation. At this point you know what Fitz is and he isn't enough. Still don't know what Geno is, as small a chance of success you have with that turning out well, a 0.00000001% chance is better than no chance at all. So throwing $15mill at Fitz is criminal level dumb. $7-8mill, fine, that isn't all that much in today's NFL. I'd really only pay him $3-4mill or let him walk to get the same elsewhere and not play.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                That is where I would be with that situation. At this point you know what Fitz is and he isn't enough. Still don't know what Geno is, as small a chance of success you have with that turning out well, a 0.00000001% chance is better than no chance at all. So throwing $15mill at Fitz is criminal level dumb. $7-8mill, fine, that isn't all that much in today's NFL. I'd really only pay him $3-4mill or let him walk to get the same elsewhere and not play.

I think Fitzpatrick's agent thought that if he could trick one stupid team into over paying for one of his clients, he could convince two teams to do it.

Doesn't seem to be working out that way

Comment

Working...
                                X