This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I was not surprised that the SJW's in the media made a massive spectacle out of it, but for the NFL to actually do a secret deal with a team to select a particular player is disgusting. Technically someone else could have been chosen to play in the NFL for the Rams had they not made that deal.
    Rumor is the player the Rams wanted was guaranteed wouldn't be drafted or signed as a FA by another team as part of the deal.

This would mean all 31 other teams were in on the deal. None of this surprises me, but again, it doesn't make any sense from the Rams POV.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      You mean the commissioner that torpedoed a deal between the raiders and bears to prevent Al Davis, who he hated, from having a chance to get a QB in 1983?

Yea, bastion of integrity there.

(Davis was suing the NFL at the time)
      I don't even think that was unprecedented. There were other instances of that happening. Even in other sports leagues that have salary caps like the NBA. I remember they prevented a trade a few years back that sent Chris Paul to the Lakers.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

You mean the commissioner that torpedoed a deal between the raiders and bears to prevent Al Davis, who he hated, from having a chance to get a QB in 1983?

Yea, bastion of integrity there.

(Davis was suing the NFL at the time)
        Yeah...That's the guy.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Yeah...That's the guy.
          LOL, well point is, none of the Commissioners were immune to working shady deals "for the betterment of the game". Goodell is just really bad at being covert about it.

Heck, the weekly injury report was made to give the gambling community an opportunity to handicap the game based on who will, will not, will likely or will likely not play in the game. Now they are supporting and promoting gambling in the form of fantasy football.

Anyone who is surprised by any report of the league doing anything suspect, really hasn't been paying attention.

Comment

If this surprises you, you haven't been paying attention.
            This

Comment

LOL, well point is, none of the Commissioners were immune to working shady deals "for the betterment of the game". Goodell is just really bad at being covert about it.

Heck, the weekly injury report was made to give the gambling community an opportunity to handicap the game based on who will, will not, will likely or will likely not play in the game. Now they are supporting and promoting gambling in the form of fantasy football.

Anyone who is surprised by any report of the league doing anything suspect, really hasn't been paying attention.
              Going to a team and offering them something to draft a certain player goes to the integrity of the game.
              The guy got drafted, not because they wanted him, but because the league would spare them from Hard Knocks that year.

That is incredible bull****........And PC bull**** to boot.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                damn eagles got Randle for only 3 mill.
                $1.025MM, with $500M guaranteed, not $3MM.

It's worth up to $3MM with incentives.

I'd have kept him for that money, frankly but apparently (they say) McAdoo wasn't interested in him at all.

Comment

Going to a team and offering them something to draft a certain player goes to the integrity of the game.
                  The guy got drafted, not because they wanted him, but because the league would spare them from Hard Knocks that year.

And when it's revealed it accomplishes the opposite of what it was intended to do so. (today is talk like a Brit day, idn't it?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    $1.025MM, with $500M guaranteed, not $3MM.

It's worth up to $3MM with incentives.

I'd have kept him for that money, frankly but apparently (they say) McAdoo wasn't interested in him at all.
                    I would have kept him as well. Maybe they have their eye on someone in the draft.

Comment

Fisher was on Mike and Mike earlier. He was not happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        And when it's revealed it accomplishes the opposite of what it was intended to do so. (today is talk like a Brit day, idn't it?)
                        I don't know why this reminded me of it, but I was reading something once that suggested that around the time that settlers landed in America, that in the UK, they spoke with an English dialect that more resembles how we speak today in the U.S., or an "American accent" if you will. It wasn't until that time where the British upper class decided that they want to differentiate themselves from the "plebs" of their society(and possibly English settlers in the colonies) by coming up with their own dialect, or something to that effect....I'm not sure I'm explaining that in an easy-to-read way...but I think you get it.
                        Anyway....found that all pretty interesting, that Americans speak 'original English' and Brits speak a newer dialect
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I would have kept him as well. Maybe they have their eye on someone in the draft.
                          it's funny that a week or two ago, I was like "offer him minimum guaranteed!" thinking people would laugh at it....and yet here we are...talking about how Randle is getting $500k guaranteed.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

damn eagles got Randle for only 3 mill.
                            "only"?
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              I don't know why this reminded me of it, but I was reading something once that suggested that around the time that settlers landed in America, that in the UK, they spoke with an English dialect that more resembles how we speak today in the U.S., or an "American accent" if you will. It wasn't until that time where the British upper class decided that they want to differentiate themselves from the "plebs" of their society(and possibly English settlers in the colonies) by coming up with their own dialect, or something to that effect....I'm not sure I'm explaining that in an easy-to-read way...but I think you get it.
                              Anyway....found that all pretty interesting, that Americans speak 'original English' and Brits speak a newer dialect
                              Pretty cool, just looked it up

http://m.livescience.com/33652-ameri...s-accents.html

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                "only"?
                                Come on, thats cheap. Unless of course that was a dig at MH, if so, proceed sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X