X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Why did you google bladder infection?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bladder+infection
    I googled Matt Harvey to see if there was any word and it came up that he had a bladder infection. The Mets werent saying anything about it last night and this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Pookeps is satans *******. Snookies, Pizzles and serial killers. Somethings in the water.
      You KNOW that ***** is from Orange County!! Why you gotta be like that?!?!
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Probably could, but what do I bill him, I didn't need any parts and except for having to squeeze myself between the dryer and the wall to fix the vent it wasn't all that hard to fix, just aggravating. I am going to get an estimate for the floor and bill him for that. Probably won't renew his lease, but he pays early every month and his checks always clear, might be worth the aggravation. Didn't even complain when I told him I would charge him separately from his security deposit for the floor and would not fix it until he moves out. Though I am rethinking that, maybe fix it now so he has incentive not to damage it any more. He's an odd duck and that is saying something coming from me.

You bill him for your time.

If you hired someone to do handle it, it would have cost you. The fact that you did it yourself doesn't change that.

Estimate the number of hours it cost you and bill that at an assumed hourly rate, say $100/hr. Nothing unfair about that, just ask Bill. He's more than just a pretty face, y'know.

Comment

but are you dapper?

Yes. Yes, I am.

Sarcasman, aka Dapper Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            You bill him for your time.

If you hired someone to do handle it, it would have cost you. The fact that you did it yourself doesn't change that.

Estimate the number of hours it cost you and bill that at an assumed hourly rate, say $100/hr. Nothing unfair about that, just ask Bill. He's more than just a pretty face, y'know.
            Good point. Thanks. Still new to this whole landlord thing. Mostly I'm happy that they don't burn the place down and their rent check clears.

Comment

Good point. Thanks. Still new to this whole landlord thing. Mostly I'm happy that they don't burn the place down and their rent check clears.

Yeah, until I started owning rentals I never realized how rare good tenants are.

Comment

Yeah, until I started owning rentals I never realized how rare good tenants are.
                I like the ones that pay. Going to take me forever to recover my investment in this place. I got the place for near nothing because it was a wreck that was uninhabited for near a decade. Unless you count rats, cats and the general population of those without a roof. Not that the one on this place really qualified. The renovation was what killed me. Nothing went right. Once the contractor got one space "habitable" I figured it would be a good idea to be on site as much as possible and moved in....stupid, and nearly cost me my relationship. Went weeks without hot water, electricity was a sometimes thing as were walls. I could spend all day telling you what a train wreck that became. Beth ended up staying with my sister until it was done, which was only 4 months behind schedule.

On the bright side the city didn't give me any trouble with anything, I think they were just happy somebody was doing something with it. They did veto my rooftop garden, but I got my deck and sun room up with a hot tub up there. Nice too, the walls are all glass and open completely for nice weather. It all turned out really nice in the end. Definitely better than climbing out my kitchen window onto the fire escape to get some air at my last place. I got 4 rental units below me (2 on each floor) and my place takes up the space of the whole top floor, plus the roof space.

Comment

• That sounds like great space. And it's always better when the tenants cover or at least offset the carry costs.

Comment

That sounds like great space. And it's always better when the tenants cover or at least offset the carry costs.
                    The space is awesome, got to really design whatever I wanted. I couldn't put a balcony in, but I have big sliders in the living room with a railing outside so I can open the place up in nice weather. Like the picture below but mine opens wider. The living room dining room and kitchen are one large open space with the bedrooms and bathrooms on either side of it. I think I mentioned on here before about the classic Japanese style of my master bath. Did hardwood floors through the whole building. An artist friend of Beth's designed the banister of the central staircase. Wrought iron spiral staircase leads from the living room up to the sun room on the roof. Turned the 4th bedroom into a hidden room behind a bookshelf. Can't tell it is there by looking and it doesn't even leave marks on the floor when it opens because there is a lip there so the "door" doesn't touch the floor. If you took time to look at the missing space between the wall in the living room and the wall in the bedroom you could figure it out.

Not much for carry over costs now that the work is all done. My history of being debt adverse led me to have not bad credit, but no credit. So without being able to get a decent rate even if I got final approval at all, I just did it all out of saving and put a big pit there. Recently my broker helped me secure a good sized line of credit in case any emergencies come up. So it is nice to know that security blanket is there without having to dip further into my savings.

Comment

The space is awesome, got to really design whatever I wanted. I couldn't put a balcony in, but I have big sliders in the living room with a railing outside so I can open the place up in nice weather. Like the picture below but mine opens wider. The living room dining room and kitchen are one large open space with the bedrooms and bathrooms on either side of it. I think I mentioned on here before about the classic Japanese style of my master bath. Did hardwood floors through the whole building. An artist friend of Beth's designed the banister of the central staircase. Wrought iron spiral staircase leads from the living room up to the sun room on the roof. Turned the 4th bedroom into a hidden room behind a bookshelf. Can't tell it is there by looking and it doesn't even leave marks on the floor when it opens because there is a lip there so the "door" doesn't touch the floor. If you took time to look at the missing space between the wall in the living room and the wall in the bedroom you could figure it out.

Not much for carry over costs now that the work is all done. My history of being debt adverse led me to have not bad credit, but no credit. So without being able to get a decent rate even if I got final approval at all, I just did it all out of saving and put a big pit there. Recently my broker helped me secure a good sized line of credit in case any emergencies come up. So it is nice to know that security blanket is there without having to dip further into my savings.

I guess youre, PHILthy rich.

Comment

• Harvey def caught an std

Comment

I guess youre, PHILthy rich.
                          I do ok, but mostly my parents left us a large investment portfolio and a large life insurance settlement and until I did this, neither one of us had touched much of it. In the end though, I'd rather still have my parents.

Comment

Harvey def caught an std
                            Can he use the force?

Comment

Can he use the force?
                              I dont get it.

Comment

I dont get it.
                                That's because jmike is not funny......and there's nothing to get....
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X