This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yes, I recall you telling me of this situation once before. It would seem that all of you as a group have an amazing "family" dynamic.

You should just give them all the Stone Cold salute, and hit em all with Stunners....and then chug like 6 beers over their crumbled bodies. OHH HELL YEEEAAAA
    It's a bit of a mess, yea. They're good people mostly but blinded by religious rhetoric. They have toned it down a bit in recent years...or year, mostly because they almost never actually see me. Out of sight out of mind I guess. My side of the family is small, but my sister and I are really close and she adores Beth. Her kid is great and I walk him to school most mornings. Her husband is a bit of a jerk though. He doesn't even refer to me by name most times, just "the waitress" or "hey waitress" like that is derogatory and I don't even do that anymore. Whatevs, maybe its me, am I that offensive of a person?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      It's a bit of a mess, yea. They're good people mostly but blinded by religious rhetoric. They have toned it down a bit in recent years...or year, mostly because they almost never actually see me. Out of sight out of mind I guess. My side of the family is small, but my sister and I are really close and she adores Beth. Her kid is great and I walk him to school most mornings. Her husband is a bit of a jerk though. He doesn't even refer to me by name most times, just "the waitress" or "hey waitress" like that is derogatory and I don't even do that anymore. Whatevs, maybe its me, am I that offensive of a person?
      I don't know you well enough to take a stance on that
      I don't know, jmike....I usually take myself out of situations like that, looks like you've attempted the same by not being around for those events you were referring to, idk....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• What's Newark NJ Like?
        New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          I think I want a girl. They seem easier to control when they are young. But when theyre tweens they get annoying.

Yeah, no.

It's just different is all. Neither is easier or harder, just different.

And then that holds true for the same sex ones as well.

Comment

not sure how I feel about the name....but whatever!

I now know why they insisted on having me as a manager while my other manager is out on medical. Having 2 people here over the course of a day IS NOT ENOUGH!!!! Yesterday was a nightmare. Weren't enough hours in the day to fix all the problems I encountered lol

That being said, I love this new role.....I'm able to put all my strengths to use in terms of efficiency, research, and knowledge....AND I get to be an *******. It's really a job tailor-made for my talents

Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Antwuan View Post
              What's Newark NJ Like?

It's nicer than Poughkeepsie and crappier than Mineola.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                It's nicer than Poughkeepsie and crappier than Mineola.
                lmao there's no way Newark is nicer than anything....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Idk if any of you guys are into documentaries like I am, but there's a 3 decade DocuSeries from I think cnn that I spent a lot of my weekend watching on netflix. I watched the 70s, and most of the 60s. I think the 80s one is on tv currently.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Took my nephew to a Sixers game last night, what a great time, I haven't been since I was around his age. If you get a chance to go to the Wells Fargo Center you should, I was impressed with the place. Well staffed with friendly, helpful people; which is a significant improvement from Phillies games alone. But they kept the place really clean throughout. I wasn't surprised by how clean it was when I got there, I was surprised that it still looked as clean when we were leaving.

We watched the Sixers fall behind early and stay there until they took their first lead with 33 seconds left. Lost in overtime by one point, but it was still a great time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Took my nephew to a Sixers game last night, what a great time, I haven't been since I was around his age. If you get a chance to go to the Wells Fargo Center you should, I was impressed with the place. Well staffed with friendly, helpful people; which is a significant improvement from Phillies games alone. But they kept the place really clean throughout. I wasn't surprised by how clean it was when I got there, I was surprised that it still looked as clean when we were leaving.

We watched the Sixers fall behind early and stay there until they took their first lead with 33 seconds left. Lost in overtime by one point, but it was still a great time.
                      That's good to hear. Usually you hear about miserable fan experiences at philly sporting events from casual fans.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

That's good to hear. Usually you hear about miserable fan experiences at philly sporting events from casual fans.
                        Eagles games are horrendous, Phillies games are not much better. Been to a couple of Devils/Flyers games years ago at the Spectrum there was some back and forth because of my Devils gear but it was mostly good natured and not the nastiness at the baseball or football games though. This was my first time watching a sporting event at the Wells Fargo Center.

Comment

Idk if any of you guys are into documentaries like I am, but there's a 3 decade DocuSeries from I think cnn that I spent a lot of my weekend watching on netflix. I watched the 70s, and most of the 60s. I think the 80s one is on tv currently.

Do I have to watch them if I lived through them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Do I have to watch them if I lived through them?
                            Well....no I'd say you're exempt. So long as it doesn't become one of those "I was there, you can't tell me I'm wrong" MH-style POVs lol
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I'd fully expect MH to say something about how since he was born in like 1958 or something, that he knows all about SF Haight-Ashbury in the mid 60s, or about the Freedom Riders in Alabama & Mississippi, because he "lived in the 60s".....he's the kind of person that would do that kind of thing. haha
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Well....no I'd say you're exempt. So long as it doesn't become one of those "I was there, you can't tell me I'm wrong" MH-style POVs lol

Comment

Working...
                                X