This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    It depends on what you were paying attention to. Ask me about Martin Luther King and I have no more perspective that anyone else. When he was shot, I had heard the name but had no idea who he was. Ask me about Gene McCarthy and Bobby Kennedy in the 1968 Democratic Primary race and I can tell you a lot about it. I followed politics in 1968 like I followed baseball.
    Ask me about the Moon Landing and I can offer a lot of perspective that history books can't. I followed the space program (as a lot of young boys did) very closely. I can tell you the objectives of all the Apollo missions leading up the Apollo 11.
    Ask me about Indira Gandhi or Golda Meir, and I can't offer anything even though I was around then.

Don't discount folks who were "there" during important historical events but take it with a grain of salt as well.
    WELCOME BACK!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      WELCOME BACK!!
      He was gone?

Giving up on the Katich campaign already? It was our best hope!

Comment

WELCOME BACK!!
        I hate the world..........Fin.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

It depends on what you were paying attention to. Ask me about Martin Luther King and I have no more perspective that anyone else. When he was shot, I had heard the name but had no idea who he was. Ask me about Gene McCarthy and Bobby Kennedy in the 1968 Democratic Primary race and I can tell you a lot about it. I followed politics in 1968 like I followed baseball.
          Ask me about the Moon Landing and I can offer a lot of perspective that history books can't. I followed the space program (as a lot of young boys did) very closely. I can tell you the objectives of all the Apollo missions leading up the Apollo 11.
          Ask me about Indira Gandhi or Golda Meir, and I can't offer anything even though I was around then.

Don't discount folks who were "there" during important historical events but take it with a grain of salt as well.

Comment

I hate the world..........Fin.
            Well, that doesn't sound healthy..

Comment

• ughhh i dont wanna play the penguins. I HATE the penguins.

Comment

• **** them.

Ya gotta beat al the teams if you wanna be the champs. I'd rather the Rangers have the hard road, they're not a team that seems to do well when things are easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  **** them.

Ya gotta beat al the teams if you wanna be the champs. I'd rather the Rangers have the hard road, they're not a team that seems to do well when things are easy.
                  Yea, theyre like the Giants

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    **** them.

Yea, but.....the Penguins have some of the most hated guys in the NHL lol....so nobody wants to see their faces for a whole playoff series!
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, but.....the Penguins have some of the most hated guys in the NHL lol....so nobody wants to see their faces for a whole playoff series!
                      Seriously

Comment

1st degree usually insinuates it was premeditated, no? Pulling a gun on someone when you get into a car accident doesn't really strike me as premeditated if im interpreting that charge right.
                        According to today's paper, Smith had just had dinner with the same cop who had killed the shooter's father or son. The shooter also defended why he was tailing cars was because he had just been hit and runned, and trying to chase down that unnamed driver, coincidentally. Obviously, some of this altercation was premeditated, and grudge related - why would he shoot Smith's wife, also? I would bet that if Smith wasn't shot, you would have heard of yet another cop shot in vengeance story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          According to today's paper, Smith had just had dinner with the same cop who had killed the shooter's father or son. The shooter also defended why he was tailing cars was because he had just been hit and runned, and trying to chase down that unnamed driver, coincidentally. Obviously, some of this altercation was premeditated, and grudge related - why would he shoot Smith's wife, also? I would bet that if Smith wasn't shot, you would have heard of yet another cop shot in vengeance story.
                          idk man.....I rather wait to get the complete story...
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea thats strange.
                            He was likely going for Will only and accidentally shot his wife, who knows.

Comment

idk man.....I rather wait to get the complete story...
                              The only part of this story that is incomplete is, was the cop Smith had dinner with amongst that entourage out on the street? The report said Smith's vehicle was pushed into another car that acquaintances of his were in. The shooter was definitely after someone - either the cop or his friends.

Comment

The only part of this story that is incomplete is, was the cop Smith had dinner with amongst that entourage out on the street? The report said Smith's vehicle was pushed into another car that acquaintances of his were in. The shooter was definitely after someone - either the cop or his friends.
                                open and shut case. you just figured the whole thing out, man.

You should go work for their force...like Nick Cage in the 2009 reimagined American cinematic masterpiece "Bad Lieutenant"
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X