Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    I absolutely love how everyone on tagf hates this pick and purports to know more than the FO. While I do no draft prep myself because we pay people to do that, it does comfort me a bit that everyone thinks it's a bad pick.

    Hopefully it just gets better in round 2.

    And I'm gonna be first to mention right price on every potential FA thread this offseason. Every one.
    We have 3 competent corners now, hopefully.
    I do wonder if there was better value available, especially at 10. I dont follow college but I knew a few names, his wasnt one of them. Doesnt mean its a bad pick though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I really don't listen to any of it...........it's not like I'd take too kindly to someone telling me how to do my job. Because someone else wouldn't know.

      So everyone should just know: You're not an expert despite your fandom. In fact, youre less knowledgeable than anyone in the NFL
      Agree with this. I'll share my opinions but I know they are worth squat compared to the people who are making these decisions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Apple is a slight reach but he's an OK pick.

        My problem is not drafting Tunsil when he dropped in our lap.
        I'm not saying this is the case, but....is it possible that the team was just like "we're good on tackles...." ?
        It might have just not been in the plans at all.

        I just hate listening to everyone thinking they're the experts.....my guess is that the Giants go into every draft, and say...we're_____ pick....and we want THESE 3 guys in the first round.....and when one falls to them, they draft them. They don't care what pick they are, where they are projected to go, they just take WHO they think is the best fit. And personally, I don't see any issue with that.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          We have 3 competent corners now, hopefully.
          I do wonder if there was better value available, especially at 10. I dont follow college but I knew a few names, his wasnt one of them. Doesnt mean its a bad pick though.
          Seems like most of US are on the same page. We're just being realists. Keep your distance from G though, the dude is on snap-watch right now.
          He's on the REESE IS #BOOTY campaign.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Apple is a slight reach but he's an OK pick.

            My problem is not drafting Tunsil when he dropped in our lap.
            Im wouldnt be crazy about taking 3 tackles in the first, 3 times the last 4 years.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Apple is a slight reach but he's an OK pick.

              My problem is not drafting Tunsil when he dropped in our lap.
              I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a reach in the draft

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Im wouldnt be crazy about taking 3 tackles in the first, 3 times the last 4 years.
                Yea, I wouldn't want that either really. I mean, the line is important, but....so is making sure teams don't throw 400/g on us....lol
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                  I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a reach in the draft
                  There is however a reach around.....something I'm sure Roger Goodell knows very well with his involvement with the owners.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Everyone was calling Floyd and Conklin a reach at 10 just hours before the draft and they didn't even last to ten. The same people who were against picking either are now mad that the Giants allowed Chicago and Tenn to jump ahead and snatch those players away, but they would have lost their minds if Reese had traded a 4th to move up one spot to get Floyd who "would have been there at 20". OMFG the stupid that runs through this place is non-stop comedy gold, I hope it never changes.

                    The GM can never win, there are no such thing as reaches, and we as fans know jack about where a player "should" go in the draft.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Everyone was calling Floyd and Conklin a reach at 10 just hours before the draft and they didn't even last to ten. The same people who were against picking either are now mad that the Giants allowed Chicago and Tenn to jump ahead and snatch those players away, but they would have lost their minds if Reese had traded a 4th to move up one spot to get Floyd who "would have been there at 20". OMFG the stupid that runs through this place is non-stop comedy gold, I hope it never changes.

                      The GM can never win, there are no such thing as reaches, and we as fans know jack about where a player "should" go in the draft.

                      Skip Bayless knows and he's my personal Jesus.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        Skip Bayless knows and he's my personal Jesus.
                        lol I love that article that dug up all Bayless' old tweets with the HORRIBLE predictions he's made over the years lol
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                          I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a reach in the draft
                          +1 ...If you can trade back, pick up a couple extra picks and are confident you can get the guy you want then yeah you do it ...Its all risky tho ,first you need a trading partner it has to be a preconceived or a bang,bang deal , and what's to stop them from taking your guy what about other teams jumping ahead . There is no way to know all this stuff or is any of it guaranteed ...its not all black and white

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by byron View Post
                            +1 ...If you can trade back, pick up a couple extra picks and are confident you can get the guy you want then yeah you do it ...Its all risky tho ,first you need a trading partner it has to be a preconceived or a bang,bang deal , and what's to stop them from taking your guy what about other teams jumping ahead . There is no way to know all this stuff or is any of it guaranteed ...its not all black and white
                            Wait, you mean you're NOT an expert?!?! Holy ****....I thought everyone who was a member of the boards was a licensed NFL scout and General Manager!!!
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

                            It's too bad, I'm too good....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                              I've come to the realization that there is no such thing as a reach in the draft
                              Webster's Dictionary

                              Reach......"reech"

                              ...See Justin Pugh.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                lol I love that article that dug up all Bayless' old tweets with the HORRIBLE predictions he's made over the years lol
                                I didn't see that, I would find that amusing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X