Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spent years as a server and have had some of the most insane complaints. Lady lost her mind because there were no summer squash in her vegetable medley with her pork chop, want her entire table comped because "the only reason I get the prok chop is it comes with the vegetable medley with summer squash" Right, you get a $32 pork chop for the squash. Didn't care that the reason they were out is the chef didn't like the quality of the squash that came in and 86ed them instead of putting out sub quality stuff. When you order fresh produce daily, this will happen from time to time.

So what I did was get her name, address and phone number. Next day when the squash came in chef made a large batch of the vegetable medley (with the squash) sent me in a cab to her home with it right before dinner. She says when I deliver it, WTH am I supposed to do with that? Where is my gift card? Most places at least give me a gift card whenever I complain.
    Last edited by jmike; 05-12-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Well, that's not your fault....
      Yes it is. YOU are the supplier to them. You get to choose who you do business with and therefor you are responsible,
      Customer doesn't want to hear anything else. They chose you and they aren't responsible for your vendors....You are.

So one has to apologize, make fun of themselves and make it right.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Yes it is. YOU are the supplier to them. You get to choose who you do business with and therefor you are responsible,
        Customer doesn't want to hear anything else. They chose you and they aren't responsible for your vendors....You are.

Yup, very true. Annoying when it isn't your fault, but this is the reality of the situation you are in. Customer doesn't care why they don't have what they need, nor should they, they only care that they don't have it and you are responsible for getting it to them.

Comment

I did. You are right we are responsible, its just out of our hands at the moment. They originally said they would have it to us by the end of the month which was unacceptable so we paid extra to get it faster. Weve went above and beyond, she just wants it all over with. I cant blame her.
          Were trying our best.

Comment

• Hows your bizzz going MH?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Hows your bizzz going MH?
              Two words........."Obama economy".

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Not really.

My career has blossomed throughout the Obama administration. THANKS A LOT OBAMA!!!!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Not really.

My career has blossomed throughout the Obama administration. THANKS A LOT OBAMA!!!!
                  Not mine.

Comment

Not really. But it does answer other things.

Comment

Not mine.
                      Different for everyone I suppose.

If anything, it was during the Bush administration where things started going south for my generation. Coming out of school, none of us could find work to pay off debt, let alone start anything resembling a career. It's all kind of snowballed since then.
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• It's funny, generations change but the excuses remain the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          It's funny, generations change but the excuses remain the same.
                          kinda....depending on which generations, and which excuses you're referring to.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Ahh, sorry to hear that Chris. Things were bad for us in 08-12, really bad.

Youll get out of this ****.

Comment

kinda....depending on which generations, and which excuses you're referring to.
                              Well the two here blaming an presidential administration for personal struggles. It is much like when a football player thanks god for a TD, like it would give a hoot about that random TD.

Comment

Not really.

Big Banks blossoming you say?!?! Hurrayyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X