Well, I understand how the world works....soooooo

Vouch.

He does seem to....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Vouch.

He does seem to....
      He doesn't.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        He doesn't.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

It's fine, I don't mind. Sometimes, it's just gone on long enough, y'know?
          hahaha
          "now youre just mashing it"

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Were trying our best.

Why do these words always sound like a preamble to, "let me tell you why I didn't get that done"

Now, get out my office and go home and tell your Mom you're a flop.

sarcasman, hardass

Comment

hahaha
              "now youre just mashing it"

A guy gets a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend the other day. After chatting a while about the wild nights they used to enjoy together she asked if he'd like to meet up and maybe rekindle a little of that magic.

"Wow!", he said, "I don't know if I could keep pace with you now! I'm a bit older and a bit balder than when you last saw me!"

She giggled and said she was sure he'd meet the challenge!

He replied, "Yeah, just so long as you don't mind a man with a waistband that's a few inches wider these days!"

She laughed again and told him to stop being so silly and teased him that she thought tubby bald men were cute! Then said "anyway, I've put on a couple of pounds myself!" she giggled .....

so he told that fat ***** to eff off and hung up
              Last edited by Sarcasman; 05-13-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Not mine.

Did they bury your business is a million new regs too? It's the death of small business

Comment

But in all seriousness, Im 30, Im single. Match.com time??????????

I'll be right back...

Comment

• I think I'm gonna spam this board all day today.

And by all day I mean until I get bored with it.

Which is starting now

ps- Grinder on Fox is like Always Sunny lite, not nearly as funny but some similar sensibilities. Plus, y'know...the waitress

Comment

Business was dead in my line of work. DEAD. If it werent for Hurricane Sandy many people and myself would be out of a job. The president can push for lower taxes on businesses, hes never done that. Less regulations, never done that.
                      Remember what he said to Joe the plumber?
                      Remember "If you own a business, you didnt build that"

Presidents can help create or promote a healthy environment for businesses to grow. This president hasnt done that, hes done the opposite.
                      Federally the current tax situation favors small business to big business. 1120S, 1065 and Single member LLC get taxed at the same rate as your personal taxes. C-Corps have some issues. States and local governments have a much greater impact on the tax situation of your business than the fed does. Some states like California for example, are not favorable to expand into if you have a corporation in another state. Cities like Philadelphia are actively pushing businesses out with the way the over tax and double tax corporations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Federally the current tax situation favors small business to big business. 1120S, 1065 and Single member LLC get taxed at the same rate as your personal taxes. C-Corps have some issues. States and local governments have a much greater impact on the tax situation of your business than the fed does. Some states like California for example, are not favorable to expand into if you have a corporation in another state. Cities like Philadelphia are actively pushing businesses out with the way the over tax and double tax corporations.
                        I was going to say "/LAWYERED"
                        but...

TAX ACCOUNTEDEDED!!

Sorry, I know nothing about corporate taxes or tax law. Just seemed like you were dropping knowledge and I wanted to chime in. CARRY ON!!
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          Yet somehow, "guilty pleasures" types of businesses - spas, fast food, chain restaurants, etc... continue to pop up everywhere and do very well. I think the newer generations have just given up on common sense spending and consideration of their future.
                          Unemployment numbers are very skewed also - since jobs in the above sectors are not (and shouldn't be) paying wages that a family can be raised properly on. These are jobs for kids, the elderly, and disabled. And football players that don't make the cut (another thread, lol).
                          Until recently, I have made my living as server. I have left that and do corporate taxes full time now, but I still help out former employers from time to time to cover shifts and I do a semi-regular weekend gig at a club. I think you might be surprised by how much a person can earn working as a server if they take their job seriously.

For some people it is the job that they can get. So you are saying that in a tough job market a person who can only get a full time job working a drive through window shouldn't earn enough to live on? Because that is what we need is more people on unemployment, welfare and the streets.

Comment

It's fine, I don't mind. Sometimes, it's just gone on long enough, y'know?
                            not really, I've missed a whole nights sleep, so worth it. Of course I'm not the one facing a room full of 6 year olds when I go to work with no sleep.

Never heard a complaint though. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              I was going to say "/LAWYERED"
                              but...

TAX ACCOUNTEDEDED!!

Sorry, I know nothing about corporate taxes or tax law. Just seemed like you were dropping knowledge and I wanted to chime in. CARRY ON!!
                              No worries. People like to blame the federal government, when mostly the problem they are having from the tax side of things comes locally, especially when it comes to constant changes in regulations. Philadelphia is the worst, in 2012 the changed the tax law to add extra taxes specifically to small business owners. The fun part is they then back dated it to 2007. So now in 2013 you owe a new 4% tax on your personal income tax based on you business profits and Oh, you have to pay it going back 5 years. But if you pay us it all before May 15th we won't charge you penalties at 42.5 % apr on the taxes you didn't know you had to pay because they didn't exist going back to 2007. A business in Philly has to pay taxes on their revenue, then again on the profits and then on the profits again on the personal. Not to mention the property tax, 8%sales tax, 4% income tax, the occupancy tax. It is a frigging nightmare. Anybody who opens a new business in the current market in Philadelphia is just asking to fail unless they have a ton of capital to keep them above water for the first few years. So many small businesses are either shutting down or moving out when you have localities like Upper Darby right outside the city that specifically made a tax policy targeting Philadelphia businesses trying to get out of the city but still able to service it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                                not really, I've missed a whole nights sleep, so worth it. Of course I'm not the one facing a room full of 6 year olds when I go to work with no sleep.

Never heard a complaint though. ;-)

Me neither; but that's probably just because I don't really listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X