This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Me neither; but that's probably just because I don't really listen.
    probably

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Federally the current tax situation favors small business to big business. 1120S, 1065 and Single member LLC get taxed at the same rate as your personal taxes. C-Corps have some issues. States and local governments have a much greater impact on the tax situation of your business than the fed does. Some states like California for example, are not favorable to expand into if you have a corporation in another state. Cities like Philadelphia are actively pushing businesses out with the way the over tax and double tax corporations.
      I never claimed the feds had more impact than the states regarding tax codes, and its not just taxes. Ny Cali Penn, all ran by whom? They all repeat the same garbage he does "higher minimum wage and pay your fair share". Wheres that gotten us? Like you said businesses are getting pushed out of these states for that very reason. The president supports these policies, which brings us back to the last line in my previous post. He would rather throw a trillion at the problem and pretend like it did something.

Comment

not really, I've missed a whole nights sleep, so worth it. Of course I'm not the one facing a room full of 6 year olds when I go to work with no sleep.

Never heard a complaint though. ;-)
        Scissor all night long?

Hawt.

Comment

probably
          Did you say something?

Comment

Until recently, I have made my living as server. I have left that and do corporate taxes full time now, but I still help out former employers from time to time to cover shifts and I do a semi-regular weekend gig at a club. I think you might be surprised by how much a person can earn working as a server if they take their job seriously.

For some people it is the job that they can get. So you are saying that in a tough job market a person who can only get a full time job working a drive through window shouldn't earn enough to live on? Because that is what we need is more people on unemployment, welfare and the streets.
            If we live in a "tough job market" its the president job to figure out how to make it more friendly, no?
            We have a president who is "proud" that more Americans are living on welfare and foodstamps. That should tell you all you need to know.

Comment

Did you say something?
              You get a C- so far. Not nearly enough spamming.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                If we live in a "tough job market" its the president job to figure out how to make it more friendly, no?
                We have a president who is "proud" that more Americans are living on welfare and foodstamps. That should tell you all you need to know.
                You're really stretching to take that out of context.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I never claimed the feds had more impact than the states regarding tax codes, and its not just taxes. Ny Cali Penn, all ran by whom? They all repeat the same garbage he does "higher minimum wage and pay your fair share". Wheres that gotten us? Like you said businesses are getting pushed out of these states for that very reason. The president supports these policies, which brings us back to the last line in my previous post. He would rather throw a trillion at the problem and pretend like it did something.
                  Sorry, but when the blame is aimed at the president, I assume the complaint is about the federal gov't. Sorry, you were blaming him for something he has even less control over, my bad. PA as a whole is good for both small and large businesses, as long as you don't want to open in certain cities. PA gets to be a mess because every municipality can create its own taxes and rates and how to apply them. Just trying to figure out a municipality can be difficult because the lines don't make any sense in many instances. 2 locations on the same block, in the same town, with the same zip, can be in completely different municipalities paying different rates on all taxes. So it isn't even the state doing it, it is the local municipalities. Are you trying to tell me that Obama's administration is controlling the decisions or the Mayor of Richfield township that has a lower population than your average big ten game?

In case you didn't notice I was rolling my eyes.

Comment

Actually it isn't his job. If it is then there is a fundamental failure in both our government and the pseudo capitalist economic system in which we find ourselves.

Comment

You get a C- so far. Not nearly enough spamming.

C-? I really need to dial it back a little then.

sarcasman, D student

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        You're really stretching to take that out of context.
                        Am I? Hes made it much, much easier to apply for welfare. Federal welfare spending is up over 35%. Have you ever seen advertisement for food stamps before this president?

Comment

Am I? Hes made it much, much easier to apply for welfare. Federal welfare spending is up over 35%. Have you ever seen advertisement for food stamps before this president?

I only watch daytime TV, like Maury Povich. So mostly it's ads for lawyers promising to get me rich if I'm willing to jump in front of a really nice car.

ps - I'm posting from the emergency room.

Comment

I only watch daytime TV, like Maury Povich. So mostly it's ads for lawyers promising to get me rich if I'm willing to jump in front of a really nice car.

ps - I'm posting from the emergency room.
                            LMAO

Comment

You still have to qualify. Making it easier to apply is not a problem. Not doing enough to verify qualifications is.

There are some people who genuinely need it. Making it easier for them to get it is a good thing. The issue is the % of people who actually need it is only a small fraction of those getting it from my personal experience.

Comment

Sorry, but when the blame is aimed at the president, I assume the complaint is about the federal gov't. Sorry, you were blaming him for something he has even less control over, my bad. PA as a whole is good for both small and large businesses, as long as you don't want to open in certain cities. PA gets to be a mess because every municipality can create its own taxes and rates and how to apply them. Just trying to figure out a municipality can be difficult because the lines don't make any sense in many instances. 2 locations on the same block, in the same town, with the same zip, can be in completely different municipalities paying different rates on all taxes. So it isn't even the state doing it, it is the local municipalities. Are you trying to tell me that Obama's administration is controlling the decisions or the Mayor of Richfield township that has a lower population than your average big ten game?

In case you didn't notice I was rolling my eyes.
                                Mike, you can make all the excuses you want, at the end of day he does have plenty of control to help business. What the hell do you think the stimulus was suppose to do, please dont tell me, I know. Youre trolling too hard. To pretend the president doesnt have any influence on job/business growth is silly.

Tell me more about the scissoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X