This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Am I? Hes made it much, much easier to apply for welfare. Federal welfare spending is up over 35%. Have you ever seen advertisement for food stamps before this president?
    I understand your stance. I'm of two thoughts on most of the programs. I LOVE the fact that I love somewhere where someone can get assistance if needed. The programs are designed to HELP.
    However, as we're all aware, it's very easy to abuse the programs, so that's where all the negative connotations of "welfare" come from, because we associate it with people who shouldn't receive the benefits.

So which would you rather have? an underfunded (or non-existent) assistance program where we say FU to those in need.....or deal with the fact that there is scum out there who steal it?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      I only watch daytime TV, like Maury Povich. So mostly it's ads for lawyers promising to get me rich if I'm willing to jump in front of a really nice car.

ps - I'm posting from the emergency room.
      Maury sucks. Get on Paternity Court and Judge Mathis.

Comment

Mike, you can make all the excuses you want, at the end of day he does have plenty of control to help business. What the hell do you think the stimulus was suppose to do, please dont tell me, I know. Youre trolling too hard. To pretend the president doesnt have any influence on job/business growth is silly.

Tell me more about the scissoring.
        Never said he didn't. Just doesn't have nearly the impact that hundreds of other things do.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          You still have to qualify. Making it easier to apply is not a problem. Not doing enough to verify qualifications is.

There are some people who genuinely need it. Making it easier for them to get it is a good thing. The issue is the % of people who actually need it is only a small fraction of those getting it from my personal experience.
          This.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            I understand your stance. I'm of two thoughts on most of the programs. I LOVE the fact that I love somewhere where someone can get assistance if needed. The programs are designed to HELP.
            However, as we're all aware, it's very easy to abuse the programs, so that's where all the negative connotations of "welfare" come from, because we associate it with people who shouldn't receive the benefits.

So which would you rather have? an underfunded (or non-existent) assistance program where we say FU to those in need.....or deal with the fact that there is scum out there who steal it?
            That is a really hard question to answer. Too many who need it can't get it, but this has been mostly fixed recently. Too many get it who shouldn't. Maybe it is taking on one problem at a time. Fixed the first part, now what can we do about the second part? I hate standing in line at the grocery store and watching somebody use their food stamps while talking on their new iPhone in their designer clothes and **** me boots.

Comment

Never said he didn't. Just doesn't have nearly the impact that hundreds of other things do.
              I think you compared it to a football player scoring a td and thanking God, I could be wrong

Comment

I think you compared it to a football player scoring a td and thanking God, I could be wrong
                I did, about equal impact. Or at least close enough to be indistinguishable.

Comment

That is a really hard question to answer. Too many who need it can't get it, but this has been mostly fixed recently. Too many get it who shouldn't. Maybe it is taking on one problem at a time. Fixed the first part, now what can we do about the second part? I hate standing in line at the grocery store and watching somebody use their food stamps while talking on their new iPhone in their designer clothes and **** me boots.
                  Yupppp......
                  I didn't say I knew how to fix it, but....the way it's been has been a "necessary evil" in order for those deserving of it to actually be taken care of.....kind of...
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I did, about equal impact. Or at least close enough to be indistinguishable.
                    suuuuuuuure

Comment

• Good job boys and gals. Already 12. Days moving right along.

Comment

• Don't worry about it. You are too entrenched in your political rhetoric to see logic and sense anyway.

Comment

• And why the hell cant I put eggs and bacon on my damn bagel?

Veggie spreads are gross pizz

Comment

• LOL, love the Buffy.

Comment

Don't worry about it. You are too entrenched in your political rhetoric to see logic and sense anyway.
                              Theres no political rhetoric, I didnt say anything that wasnt true, nor did you. I just believe the pres does have influence when it comes to job growth and business in general.

Comment

Theres no political rhetoric, I didnt say anything that wasnt true, nor did you. I just believe the pres does have influence when it comes to job growth and business in general.
                                Sorry, your right. It wasn't you, you actually seem to think a bit. He does have influence, but it is more intangible than actual. Your local and state govn't have a much greater impact and can actually cause your business to fail.

Comment

Working...
                                X