Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by byron View Post
    what did you use all of DezzzR spare hinges on ?!
    Him continuing to breath. His spare won't be activated until needed. So it all hinges on DezzzR.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by byron View Post
      what did you use all of DezzzR spare hinges on ?!
      I told her before, women need to stop touching everything.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
        So it all HINGES on DezzzR.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Is that a corner base Sarc? Like this?


          If its the hinge connecting the 2 doors, I dont have those. I sowwy
          Always hated those corners. Mine is on hydraulics and lifts up. The door opens and I can get in normally too, but if I hit the button the whole thing lifts up out of the counter.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
            Always hated those corners. Mine is on hydraulics and lifts up. The door opens and I can get in normally too, but if I hit the button the whole thing lifts up out of the counter.
            I've never seen one of those...this picture is how I built mine easy reach no lazy Susie I didn't do gadgets... If they wanted gadgets I'd tell to buy'em..

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Is that a corner base Sarc? Like this?


              If its the hinge connecting the 2 doors, I dont have those. I sowwy
              Pm your number, Ill text you the ones I have.

              That's exactly it and yes, it is the hinge (there's 2, top and bottom) that holds the two doors together.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                I've never seen one of those...this picture is how I built mine easy reach no lazy Susie I didn't do gadgets... If they wanted gadgets I'd tell to buy'em..

                Dezz has the cabinet right and inside it is two levels of lazy susans. I hate those cabinets (each corner in the kitchen has one), they're a pain in the ***.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  That's exactly it and yes, it is the hinge (there's 2, top and bottom) that holds the two doors together.
                  here ya go

                  another source scroll down
                  [https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...keywords=Mepla
                  looks like you have to order the mounting bracket separate or take a chance and use your old mounting bracket of coarse that assumes we have the maker of your hinge ..."Mepla"

                  For a 5/8" door thickness (16-17mm) order our 4mm mounting plate
                  For a 3/4" door thickness (18-20mm) order our 2mm mounting plate
                  For a 7/8" door thickness (21-22mm) order our 0mm mounting plate

                  my work is done here

                  ok... I changed the link if it doesn't come up just type in Mepla in the amazon search window
                  Last edited by byron; 06-01-2016, 01:15 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Dezz has the cabinet right and inside it is two levels of lazy susans. I hate those cabinets (each corner in the kitchen has one), they're a pain in the ***.
                    they get out of adjustment some cab makers mount the door to the lazy Susan's they are nothing but a headache ..I just installed a new kitchen here for my wife I didn't build it because of all the dust involved...had one of those things, pain in the *** to get that thing adjusted right......

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by byron View Post
                      I've never seen one of those...this picture is how I built mine easy reach no lazy Susie I didn't do gadgets... If they wanted gadgets I'd tell to buy'em..
                      My contractor never saw it either. I said, can you do it? And he did, it is awesome. Put a little kick button on the baseboard of the cabinet that releases it and it slowly lifts up. Putting it back down takes a little more force than I'd like when it is empty, but I use it for heavy stuff and the weight makes it easy to push back down.

                      Not really sure if my contractor loves me or hates me, but he sure made a lot of money off me so he says yes a lot. Probably hates me, I got a lot of "you want what?" and funny looks. But at the end of the day he was able to do nearly everything I wanted and did a great job. I also let him take pictures of the progress of my place so he can show off what he can do.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by byron View Post
                        I've never seen one of those...this picture is how I built mine easy reach no lazy Susie I didn't do gadgets... If they wanted gadgets I'd tell to buy'em..
                        Me neither, did they have to template the counter for that corner cabinet separately or am I not understanding this correctly?

                        edit: ohhhhhhhhh the door. lol whooooooooooooooooooooooops

                        edit again: I was right, like usual.
                        Last edited by dezzzR; 06-01-2016, 01:46 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          My contractor never saw it either. I said, can you do it? And he did, it is awesome. Put a little kick button on the baseboard of the cabinet that releases it and it slowly lifts up. Putting it back down takes a little more force than I'd like when it is empty, but I use it for heavy stuff and the weight makes it easy to push back down.

                          Not really sure if my contractor loves me or hates me, but he sure made a lot of money off me so he says yes a lot. Probably hates me, I got a lot of "you want what?" and funny looks. But at the end of the day he was able to do nearly everything I wanted and did a great job. I also let him take pictures of the progress of my place so he can show off what he can do.
                          haha I had one or two customers over the years that had the kind of money it takes to do custom builds .. basically money was no object the pressure was to come up with what they wanted out of no where... invent

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            That's exactly it and yes, it is the hinge (there's 2, top and bottom) that holds the two doors together.
                            sonovaahh.....ehh Just go through amazon I guess or call the guy that installed it and ask what manufacturer he used. Check the door thickness too before you order.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                              Always hated those corners. Mine is on hydraulics and lifts up. The door opens and I can get in normally too, but if I hit the button the whole thing lifts up out of the counter.
                              Me too. Its doors ding the cabinet next to it, but I hate blind corners more. They drive me nuts. I try not to use them.

                              Diagonals bases are good if you have the floor space.
                              Last edited by dezzzR; 06-01-2016, 01:13 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                                haha I had one or two customers over the years that had the kind of money it takes to do custom builds .. basically money was no object the pressure was to come up with what they wanted out of no where... invent
                                I think building a place from scratch might have been easier in the end than what he had to do. This place was a rotted out wreck. Cost me near nothing to buy, but that didn't save me much because of how much I had to put into it. The way I looked at it, it really wasn't that much more money to go from nice, to exactly what I wanted. So wth, gimme what I want. Basically all that remains from what we started with is the brick structure of the place.

                                I think he had his best laugh when he realized I was serious about the secret room behind the bookcase. Or maybe the lawn on the roof, but we couldn't get permits for that anyway.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X