This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Me too. Its doors ding the cabinet next to it, but I hate blind corners more. They drive me nuts. I try not to use them.

Diagonals bases are good if you have the floor space.
    I don't know what you mean by diagonal base.

Comment

• basically the opposite of this

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        basically the opposite of this

Ohhh ok thats what I was originally thinking. So did they template that whole cabinet separately?

Comment

I don't know what you mean by diagonal base.

Comment

• Usually used for sink bases but you can throw a lazy susan in there.

Comment

Ohhh ok thats what I was originally thinking. So did they template that whole cabinet separately?
              No idea what he did. But the countertop piece over it you can barely see the crease where it is separated on either side. The shelves are much bigger than the picture as they fill the whole corner. Plus it comes up from below instead of down. Took him a week to figure out, calls me upstairs and asks if that is what I wanted, and it was. How he pulled it off, I have no clue. I didn't really grill him on the how's, particularly on the complicated stuff like that. He did teach me a bunch of stuff I would need to know through the process too. Between my dad when I was younger and him, I can take care of most maintenance and small repair items myself.

The whole process while very expensive and frustrating and time consuming, there were times I was in tears about it all, but it was also really cool to watch.

Cool note though, he loved the bathroom I asked for so much, he put one just like it in his own house.

Comment

ah gotcha, didn't realize it was called that.

Comment

Usually used for sink bases but you can throw a lazy susan in there.
                  I almost went with the sink in the corner like that, but we put it on the island instead.

Comment

I think building a place from scratch might have been easier in the end than what he had to do. This place was a rotted out wreck. Cost me near nothing to buy, but that didn't save me much because of how much I had to put into it. The way I looked at it, it really wasn't that much more money to go from nice, to exactly what I wanted. So wth, gimme what I want. Basically all that remains from what we started with is the brick structure of the place.

I think he had his best laugh when he realized I was serious about the secret room behind the bookcase. Or maybe the lawn on the roof, but we couldn't get permits for that anyway.
                    must be nice ....I once done a den solid oak underneath was a vault all in concrete he wanted a hidden door in the den hiding the spiral staircase leading to the room...Anyhow I fashioned a section of wall into a door that slides behind a bookcase . He uses it for his gun collection...hell we had to put the vault doors in the basement before we built the house they were like 600 lbs. apiece

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      must be nice ....I once done a den solid oak underneath was a vault all in concrete he wanted a hidden door in the den hiding the spiral staircase leading to the room...Anyhow I fashioned a section of wall into a door that slides behind a bookcase . He uses it for his gun collection...hell we had to put the vault doors in the basement before we built the house they were like 600 lbs. apiece
                      Oh, damn.....I didn't think to put a vault in the basement. I don't really have anything to put there, but it would be great to have.

My bookcase door slips out and turns, not in the middle but about a quarter way into it. Hard to describe. But you have to step over a threshold about the height of a baseboard. That way the bookshelf won't leave any marks on the floor when it opens.so unless you go in my bedroom and realize there is a big gap between the wall in the living room and wall in the bedroom, there is no way to tell it is there. The door is part of a shelving unit that runs the length of the wall also.

Comment

Me neither, did they have to template the counter for that corner cabinet separately or am I not understanding this correctly?

edit: ohhhhhhhhh the door. lol whooooooooooooooooooooooops

edit again: I was right, like usual.

A-ha!

Comment

• I see !
                          Last edited by byron; 06-01-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            A-ha!
                            whoooops let the conspiracy theories begin!

Comment

• wheres my bebe boos????

Comment

• Ok guys give me your opinion here....

If you use a bad pick up line on someone while they are working and she responds to you with a bad joke in regards to the use of said line.....

Would the appropriate response be to call her an uppity "C" and storm off like a 3 year old told he can't have a candy?

Comment

Working...
                                X