Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
    IDK if I would agree with that. He contradicts his own arguments entirely too often and makes points with little relevance to the subject matter to be a "professional arguer". He tends to argue like a politician, repeating the same sound bites over and over regardless of relevance or response.
    I agree. And to me that's a professional arguer.

    Would you not consider a politician to be a professional arguer? I didn't say anything about truth because that does't seem relevant. If one wants to just argue, it's impossible to accept another's position. That could potentially end the argument.

    I saw the Brady thing and get your point but to my mind, that simply supports my view. He argues just to argue..and to push buttons. Not to actually reconcile or resolve positions.
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 06-10-2016, 11:19 AM.

    Comment


    • Gordie Howe passed away.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        I agree. And to me that's a professional arguer.

        Would you not consider a politician to be a professional arguer? I didn't say anything about truth because that does't seem relevant. If one wants to just argue, it's impossible to accept another's position. That could potentially end the argument.

        I saw the Brady thing and get your point but to my mind, that simply supports my view. He argues just to argue..and to push buttons. Not to actually reconcile or resolve positions.
        Yesterday she accused me of contradicting myself and I have no idea what she was talking about. So she uses that one, misguided example to paint broad strokes,
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Yesterday she accused me of contradicting myself and I have no idea what she was talking about. So she uses that one, misguided example to paint broad strokes,
          Nothing wrong with Jenn stroking broads.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            I agree. And to me that's a professional arguer.

            Would you not consider a politician to be a professional arguer? I didn't say anything about truth because that does't seem relevant. If one wants to just argue, it's impossible to accept another's position. That could potentially end the argument.

            I saw the Brady thing and get your point but to my mind, that simply supports my view. He argues just to argue..and to push buttons. Not to actually reconcile or resolve positions.
            Oh, I see. OK, you are correct then and I missed the point entirely. Thanks.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Gordie Howe passed away.
              RIP Mr Everything

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Yesterday she accused me of contradicting myself and I have no idea what she was talking about. So she uses that one, misguided example to paint broad strokes,
                Its not one time, it is just one of the few times I have attempted to point out your own contradictions. I often don't bother because I find you don't tend to process what others are saying very well. That is either deliberate or not, I am not sure. So usually, I don't try because you often make very good points regardless. Its all good though, we all have our idiosyncrasies. Lord knows I have more than a few of my own.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Nothing wrong with Jenn stroking broads.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Nothing wrong with Jenn stroking broads.
                    Ok, that was funny....but now you can't complain about my jokes.

                    Comment


                    • Ole morehead has y'all in the palm of his hand

                      Hope he tells us an interesting story about his personal life later

                      Fingers crossed on that !

                      Whoops !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        Its not one time, it is just one of the few times I have attempted to point out your own contradictions. I often don't bother because I find you don't tend to process what others are saying very well. That is either deliberate or not, I am not sure. So usually, I don't try because you often make very good points regardless. Its all good though, we all have our idiosyncrasies. Lord knows I have more than a few of my own.
                        Can you cite an example? I have no idea what you're talking about.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Ole morehead struggles with self awareness. No wonder he seeks out friends on a message board.

                          Whoops !

                          Comment


                          • Just watched season 5 of one tree hill!

                            What drama !

                            Comment


                            • ******bag on the ignore list........

                              Like a warm blanket.......
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                Can you cite an example? I have no idea what you're talking about.
                                It is unimportant. Somebody pointed out to me that what I said wasn't nice, so I do apologize if I insulted you, not my intent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X