X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Take a ladder and cut the 45 angled tree in half
    Then it falls on you and kills you. That's a mean suggestion.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Really? It shows on my screen.

Anyway I had a tree that is about 150 feet behind the house that was slowly rotting. It was a double tree with both trunks struggling. Had leaves at the top and that was it. So a few weeks ago trunk #1 fell forward into our huge pines and got stuck. Then this morning trunk # 2 fell sideways to the ground. I have no idea how to get down trunk #1 without risking injury. It's about 80 feet of tree stuck at about a 45 degree angle amid the pines. May have to wait it out and hope it falls on it's own. Hopefully in the fall after I cut all our perennials down.
      yea I would probably try to pull it down with long chain and either my pickup or tractor....You could call a tree service or tree arborist have them do it....I wouldn't try dezzzr's ladder trick ...if you are going to leave it you want to keep people out of there it could come down anytime and kill somebody

Last edited by byron; 06-13-2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Then it falls on you and kills you. That's a mean suggestion.
        hahaha no it wont. It will fall toward the tree its wedged in.
        You might not even need a ladder, just cut enough to make sure the bottom wont hit the ground so it can swing towards the wedged tree.

All those big muscles for nuttin.
        Last edited by dezzzR; 06-13-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• And you know, if it does start falling on towards you, serpentine.

Comment

hahaha no it wont. It will fall toward the tree its wedged in.
            You might not even need a ladder, just cut enough to make sure the bottom wont hit the ground so it can swing towards the wedged tree.

All those big muscles for nuttin.
            Not the way it's wedged in the tree. The trunk section would fall straight down. The part in the tree would probably fall back towards you.
            I simply can't see a way to safely do this.

Comment

Not the way it's wedged in the tree. The trunk section would fall straight down. The part in the tree would probably fall back towards you.
              I simply can't see a way to safely do this.
              yea, just saw the pic on fb. Tricky.

Comment

yea, just saw the pic on fb. Tricky.
                Just need it to fall on it's own. Don't want to spend $1,000 + to have it removed. Once it falls I can get a chainsaw and cut it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Does he have picnic pants?

lol...no. And he won't be getting them for Father's Day either

Comment

And you know, if it does start falling on towards you, serpentine.

He's right. Serpentine Shelley!

Comment

Just need it to fall on it's own. Don't want to spend $1,000 + to have it removed. Once it falls I can get a chainsaw and cut it up.
                      I can't see it but can you get a rope on it and use a tractor or a quad to help it down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        lol...no. And he won't be getting them for Father's Day either
                        I had a tragic life's moment the other day, when I managed to somehow whizz on my own nuts. Those pants might be the answer to that dilemma.

Comment

He's right. Serpentine Shelley!
                          One of the funniest movie scenes of all time.

Comment

I can't see it but can you get a rope on it and use a tractor or a quad to help it down?
                            True. It might work. But getting the rope high enough might be a problem. But it might be the answer.

Comment

True. It might work. But getting the rope high enough might be a problem. But it might be the answer.
                              pull it from the base

Comment

pull it from the base
                                It would ruin the grass. My lawn is one of my prized possessions.

Comment

Working...
                                X