Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    True. It might work. But getting the rope high enough might be a problem. But it might be the answer.
    you can use a fishing rod put some weight on and cast it over just above he second set of nub branches in you pictures... then tie on your pulling rope and reel it up over ...you will need a good length of rope then study the best side to pull from.. you have a tractor of something ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by byron View Post
      you can use a fishing rod put some weight on and cast it over just above he second set of nub branches in you pictures... then tie on your pulling rope and reel it up over ...you will need a good length of rope then study the best side to pull from.. you have a tractor of something ?
      I don't even have a fishing rod.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        It would ruin the grass. My lawn is one of my prized possessions.
        that base is still connected no? If I were going to use a chain saw I would cut about two ft off just above where it is split.... but it can be dangerous if not done correctly...one cut may bring yours done it might not also.....its really not a novice type job I have done a few over the years but I prefer pulling them done if I can.....be careful !!!

        here is a vid on it
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBrnIZa6-s

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          It would ruin the grass. My lawn is one of my prized possessions.
          MHs secret garden.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I don't even have a fishing rod.
            hahaha pick up some masons string and weight it with something and throw it ! maybe you better leave it alone !!


            how about tying a string to a golf ball and driving it ???


            wish I was closer we would get that *****....good luck with it MH
            Last edited by byron; 06-13-2016, 11:17 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by byron View Post
              hahaha pick up some masons string and weight it with something and throw it ! maybe you better leave it alone !!


              how about tying a string to a golf ball and driving it ???


              wish I was closer we would get that *****....good luck with it MH
              I could tie one end to a rock. Morehead has a cannon for an arm.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I could tie one end to a rock. Morehead has a cannon for an arm.
                now your thinking !


                you be careful man serious business that's a big tree to be messing with
                Last edited by byron; 06-13-2016, 11:26 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by byron View Post
                  that base is still connected no? If I were going to use a chain saw I would cut about two ft off just above where it is split.... but it can be dangerous if not done correctly...one cut may bring yours done it might not also.....its really not a novice type job I have done a few over the years but I prefer pulling them done if I can.....be careful !!!

                  here is a vid on it
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEBrnIZa6-s
                  Interesting video Big B.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • In the subsequent videos they call these trees..."Widowmakers".

                    That's not good.....
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Interesting video Big B.
                      yeah that's a pretty common way to do it cut a notch on the top side part the way in say a 1/3 of the tree dia then finish the cut from the under side watch as your cutting when the tree starts moving get back out of the way ....don't fall down with the saw running ! lot to think about when doing it

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        In the subsequent videos they call these trees..."Widowmakers".

                        That's not good.....
                        haha ..this is true they can be.. a lot can happen quick....
                        Last edited by byron; 06-14-2016, 01:53 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Whens this fantasy nonsense starting back up
                          "I punched the **** out of em in the back with an uppercut"
                          - Marshawn Lynch

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gurujot View Post
                            Whens this fantasy nonsense starting back up
                            i already drafted a team on yahizee
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              One of the funniest movie scenes of all time.
                              To me, it's one of the funniest movies as well. Great performances

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                True. It might work. But getting the rope high enough might be a problem. But it might be the answer.
                                Offer a 6 pack to do it, to the local guy who thinks he's a cowboy. Every town has one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X