X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Wales upsetting England.
    Its an Island nation...Would you expect whales to upset Uganda?

Comment

• They showed fans reacting to the goal in Wales, its like they won the superbowl.

Comment

• Blah, its tied now

Comment

• Just had myself a triple stack of flap jacks.

Oh yummers.

Nana you are the best

Comment

• Soccer is for people who aren't tough

Comment

• If y'all get a chance check out episode 3 of season 4 of one tree hill

It's a coming of age moment for Chad Michael Murray's character.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                Less than an hour before you said many do, so maybe it wasn't obvious.

I think you are mixing and matching. I responded 'many do' to your post questioning whether many understand how creepy it is.

I responded 'obviously' to your post of: "I don't think they can understand what it feels like to be on the receiving end".

To me the difference is that any man with a reasonable sense of propriety, particularly men who have sisters, daughters etc.. can understand how creepy it is.

I do not believe that those same men can understand what it feels like to be on the receiving end of cat calling because by and large, women do not cat call.

Understanding that it's creepy and understanding how it feels to be the recipient of cat calling are two separate items to my way of thinking, Ms. Pedant.

Comment

• Women love attention, its the main reason social media exists. "omg, like how many likes can I get doing a duck face for the 3rd time this week?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    I think you are mixing and matching. I responded 'many do' to your post questioning whether many understand how creepy it is.

I responded 'obviously' to your post of: "I don't think they can understand what it feels like to be on the receiving end".

To me the difference is that any man with a reasonable sense of propriety, particularly men who have sisters, daughters etc.. can understand how creepy it is.

I do not believe that those same men can understand what it feels like to be on the receiving end of cat calling because by and large, women do not cat call.

Understanding that it's creepy and understanding how it feels to be the recipient of cat calling are two separate items to my way of thinking, Ms. Pedant.
                    Ah, just semantics then. Rudy said "understand how creepy" to me is decidedly different than "understand it is creepy" and would have received a different response from me in the first place. I know most men understand that it is creepy. Even many of those that do it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Im curious, what would Jenns reaction been if it was a ups girl that hit on her. Would it still be "creepy", or would she have a creepy comeback line herself?
                      "Would you like to stay a while and see whats in my box?"

Comment

Women love attention, its the main reason social media exists. "omg, like how many likes can I get doing a duck face for the 3rd time this week?"
                        Yup that's it, just go look at my facebook page and you will see......oh wait, I don't have one.

Comment

• Bobby Hart getting some 1st team reps at different spots during offensive team walk through: LT, RG, LG, RT

Comment

Im curious, what would Jenns reaction been if it was a ups girl that hit on her. Would it still be "creepy", or would she have a creepy comeback line herself?
                            "Would you like to stay a while and see whats in my box?"
                            LOL, I'm not quite sure what my response would be TBH, but it would have been different.

Big difference though between an unwelcome aggressive advance from an unknown man and an unwelcome aggressive advance from an unknown woman. Mostly boils down to safety with what may happen next. It is why the FedEx guy was so startling to me because my attempt was to disarm him with humor and it went in an unexpected direction. What if I was someplace less safe and the same person approached me and I miscalculated my response in the same manner? He obviously was not a person with a tight reign on his rage and that was not immediately obvious with the initial interaction. Things could go very badly, very quickly and there would be little I could do about it as he was probably close to 3 times my size.

Comment

• Look jmike, I get that most women don't like the cat calls but stop acting like you don't love most forms of attention.

95% of women are attention seekers.

It's science

Comment

• Most women are liars

From the makeup they wear to when they wear high heels to look taller

To bras that boost them up a bit

Liars I tell you

Comment

Working...
                                X