X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss DJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      He has the gall to call himself "The Piano Man", yet his playing is simplistic and uninspiring. Elton John is much better, especially the earlier stuff. Most prog rock keyboardist are light years better. Why don't I ever hear Billy Preston or Leon Russell anymore, instead? Take a closer listen to the childish, muddled mess he offers in "I love You Just the Way You Are". How could any rational person enjoy the putrid lyrics of "Captain Jack"? Most of his songs are popular in this area, only because he gives shout-outs to various locals. Everyone I know that says they like him, I notice are the same people who never listen to any music.
      I work with a few people who personally knew him early in his career, they all say he was a d-bag who would put on his own songs at the jukebox. His first wife had to intervene from him driving his daughter around drunk, after one accident where he went completely through a home. Some real Big Shot.
      Yea, I like the harmonica.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        I miss DJ.
        Work on your aim then.

Comment

• Billy Joel is better than all of you combined times infinity, and I'm being extremely nice here.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Elton John is better than all of you combined times infinity times 300000000000.

Comment

• At this point I just want to understand what Billy Joel did to our friend Jimmie.

It must have been really bad....

Long Island....it's the home of really oddball ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                Billy Joel is better than all of you combined times infinity, and I'm being extremely nice here.
                Maybe, but you are being vague. Better at what?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Maybe, but you are being vague. Better at what?
                  LIFE

Comment

Work on your aim then.
                    Zing

Comment

Zing
                      Dont encourage that ****.

Comment

LIFE
                        meh, I don't think I can agree with that.

Comment

Dont encourage that ****.
                          Your comment encourages it more

Comment

meh, I don't think I can agree with that.
                            Im sure Billys had a better life than all of us combined

Comment

Im sure Billys had a better life than all of us combined
                              I'm not. I wouldn't trade places with him. Sure there has been a whole heap of bad things in my life, but I am very happy where I am now and wouldn't choose to give it up for somebody else's. I highly doubt everything in his life is sunshine and rainbows. Sure he has money and fame. Money isn't everything though it is really nice to have and fame is something that isn't attractive to me. My sister has fame and mostly tries to hide from it. She still gets recognized by many when she goes out and she's been retired for a while now. It isn't something I would want in my life.

Comment

I'm not. I wouldn't trade places with him. Sure there has been a whole heap of bad things in my life, but I am very happy where I am now and wouldn't choose to give it up for somebody else's. I highly doubt everything in his life is sunshine and rainbows. Sure he has money and fame. Money isn't everything though it is really nice to have and fame is something that isn't attractive to me. My sister has fame and mostly tries to hide from it. She still gets recognized by many when she goes out and she's been retired for a while now. It isn't something I would want in my life.
                                I never said everything was sunshine and rainbows but he has experienced a lot more than all of us. A musician like that, the world is at their finger tips. Us little people have to fight for everything.

Jeter dated your sister, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X