X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Did someone SAY you were annoying?
    I mean.....in the past I've said your idea of funny is pretty terrible, lol....but you're not annoying.
    No, nobody said anything, just how I was reading it. Maybe I am wrong, its not like I am very good at reading people. One of the reasons I tend to default to taking things people say literally instead of misreading what they intended to say.

Comment

Yea, the end wasn't that great, because I really don't care what he was like after he became a D-lister celebrity, but....everything else was so good.
      Pretty obvious he did it. The jury **** the bed on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
        Youre right, get out and stay out.
        see

Comment

Youre right, get out and stay out.
          lmao
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Pretty obvious he did it. The jury **** the bed on that one.
            definitely. There are people who were like "yep, he said he did it, sooooo"

Plus, he lost the civil case, which means that although not criminally charged, he's directly responsible for the deaths. So that means another jury realized it was seriously ****ed up.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              No, nobody said anything, just how I was reading it. Maybe I am wrong, its not like I am very good at reading people. One of the reasons I tend to default to taking things people say literally instead of misreading what they intended to say.

Comment

definitely. There are people who were like "yep, he said he did it, sooooo"

Plus, he lost the civil case, which means that although not criminally charged, he's directly responsible for the deaths. So that means another jury realized it was seriously ****ed up.
                I believe the burden of proof is vastly different in a criminal vs. civil case.

Comment

LOL...not it at all, but damn funny

Comment

I believe the burden of proof is vastly different in a criminal vs. civil case.
                    It definitely is, but....even so, to go from a criminal case, where they only tried one person, and did nothing to ever find "the real" killer.....to then just say the guy they tried and found not guilty was ultimately responsible anyway? I mean, it's pretty evident that everyone except the original jury knew the real score.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• There were 2 jurors who were featured in the documentary, one of which was an older black woman, and she firmly believed that the jury was going to say not guilty regardless of what evidence was brought to light. She was convinced it was tainted from the get go, just as a means of revenge against 40 years of LAPD abuse.

Sad story really....the black community in LA was looking out for him due to previous injustices, but Simpson did not identify with them at all.....he could have cared less about what was going on in lower income areas. Whitest black dude of all time >.<
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It definitely is, but....even so, to go from a criminal case, where they only tried one person, and did nothing to ever find "the real" killer.....to then just say the guy they tried and found not guilty was ultimately responsible anyway? I mean, it's pretty evident that everyone except the original jury knew the real score.
                        I don't know if you can really blame the jury on that. It is on the prosecutor to provide the proof and with all the screw ups in the investigation, is anybody surprised they couldn't manage it. There are so many instances of the court systems in this country not doling out justice properly, why do people cling to this one so much? We all know the investigators and prosecutors screwed the pooch on this one, move on, nothing else can be done.

Comment

There were 2 jurors who were featured in the documentary, one of which was an older black woman, and she firmly believed that the jury was going to say not guilty regardless of what evidence was brought to light. She was convinced it was tainted from the get go, just as a means of revenge against 40 years of LAPD abuse.

Sad story really....the black community in LA was looking out for him due to previous injustices, but Simpson did not identify with them at all.....he could have cared less about what was going on in lower income areas. Whitest black dude of all time >.<
                          Gee whiz, 40 years of poor police work lead to not being able to find an unbiased jury from the constituents; shame nobody could have predicted THAT!

Comment

I don't know if you can really blame the jury on that. It is on the prosecutor to provide the proof and with all the screw ups in the investigation, is anybody surprised they couldn't manage it. There are so many instances of the court systems in this country not doling out justice properly, why do people cling to this one so much? We all know the investigators and prosecutors screwed the pooch on this one, move on, nothing else can be done.
                            I agree....but it's the fact that it was the most covered criminal case in the county's history at the time, and for it to be ****ed up to that magnitude is why people "cling" to it.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Gee whiz, 40 years of poor police work lead to not being able to find an unbiased jury from the constituents; shame nobody could have predicted THAT!
                              right?!

What's crazy is, the prosecutors, during jury selection, didn't fight the fact that they had agreed to a 75% African-American jury. Under normal circumstances, that shouldn't matter. But in 1994 Los Angeles, they should have been more diverse.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I agree....but it's the fact that it was the most covered criminal case in the county's history at the time, and for it to be ****ed up to that magnitude is why people "cling" to it.
                                If you agree, then stop watching the stupid 30 for 30s about it, reading about it, talking about it, fantasizing about it....just get a white bronco and go for a ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X