This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    So what's the problem? I'm sure she'd like me all the same....
    I have an inkling that her husband will not like you spending the weekend with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      I have an inkling that her husband will not like you spending the weekend with her.
      Even better!
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• You should word things like this in a way that lead me to believe IT'S NOT supposed to be a challenge.....

=D
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          ribs sound good. Might do that...
          I find St. Louis Style to come out the best, when slow cooked. A little cider and paprika rub, then finish off with sauce that has Asian fruity stuff in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            I find St. Louis Style to come out the best, when slow cooked. A little cider and paprika rub, then finish off with sauce that has Asian fruity stuff in it.
            Jmikes going to tell you youre wrong in 3, 2, 1.....

Comment

"St. Louis Style" is just the cut of the rib right?
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

"St. Louis Style" is just the cut of the rib right?
                I believe so. It's a meaty rack of spareribs, with the scrappy ends trimmed off. I've heard opinions on rub vs. sauce, but I like to do both - along with a little apple cider vinegar to marinate.

Comment

Although I love to grill year round, I prefer cooking the ribs in the oven - 200* F, 5 hours, covered with tin foil. Drain off liquid, quick broil, then sauce em' up.

Any self-proclaimed purist would scoff at that, but It's easier and frees me up for other stuff.

Comment

Sounds good, never did them that way but I will try it. Any specific sauce for "Asian fruity stuff" you recommend?

Comment

Although I love to grill year round, I prefer cooking the ribs in the oven - 200* F, 5 hours, covered with tin foil. Drain off liquid, quick broil, then sauce em' up.

Any self-proclaimed purist would scoff at that, but It's easier and frees me up for other stuff.
                      Almost any rib "purist" would scoff at how I make my ribs. But they sure won't scoff when they eat them.

Comment

Sounds good, never did them that way but I will try it. Any specific sauce for "Asian fruity stuff" you recommend?
                        Iron Chef Rum Pineapple Duck Sauce, mixed with whatever standard BBQ sauce you prefer. Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce works for me.

Comment

You should word things like this in a way that lead me to believe IT'S NOT supposed to be a challenge.....

=D
                          Tell you what, I'll tell you what lake she is at and you can take it from there. Good Luck

Comment

Almost any rib "purist" would scoff at how I make my ribs. But they sure won't scoff when they eat them.
                            Cool. I don't necessarily need the smoky flavor, but some would insist on it. But they have to be tender and have that fatty carmelization thing going on.

Comment

Good call

Comment

Tell you what, I'll tell you what lake she is at and you can take it from there. Good Luck

It was fun when the ladies were referred to as "Broads". I hear " *****es" used a lot here at the college I work for.

Comment

Working...
                                X