This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    Cool. I don't necessarily need the smoky flavor, but some would insist on it. But they have to be tender and have that fatty carmelization thing going on.
    Tender and fall off the bone is how I like them. I just finish them on the grill they come out better and 1/3 the cook time.

Comment

It was fun when the ladies were referred to as "Broads". I hear " *****es" used a lot here at the college I work for.
      It's what the large open space in the middle of that lake is called. The water gets really rough out there. Hard to have an appreciation of how big that space is unless you are there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        Tender and fall off the bone is how I like them. I just finish them on the grill they come out better and 1/3 the cook time.
        Sure - oven to grill, and tell everyone they were cooked on the grill the entire time. They'll never know.

Comment

It's what the large open space in the middle of that lake is called. The water gets really rough out there. Hard to have an appreciation of how big that space is unless you are there.
          Oh, I thought you added that - to help Joe find the ladies faster.

Comment

Oh, I thought you added that - to help Joe find the ladies faster.
            LOL, no, it was written on the image I found.

Comment

LOL, no, it was written on the image I found.
              I just realized that's Lake Winnepesaukee. My parents used to take me to rustic cabins, there, when I was very young. I believe there was ferry we needed to take us to that location.

Comment

• Doooooctah Peppahh!!

Comment

I just realized that's Lake Winnepesaukee. My parents used to take me to rustic cabins, there, when I was very young. I believe there was ferry we needed to take us to that location.
                  I've been going there since I was an infant. Usually rented a place each year for a week or 2. Sometimes stayed at an Inn. Couple of years ago, my sister and I decided to go in on a cabin on an island. Now we can go whenever we want. Money pit though. With the winters up there, every spring something needs to be fixed and it is rarely simple and it is never cheap.

Comment

Cool. I don't necessarily need the smoky flavor, but some would insist on it. But they have to be tender and have that fatty carmelization thing going on.
                    This

Comment

I've been going there since I was an infant. Usually rented a place each year for a week or 2. Sometimes stayed at an Inn. Couple of years ago, my sister and I decided to go in on a cabin on an island. Now we can go whenever we want. Money pit though. With the winters up there, every spring something needs to be fixed and it is rarely simple and it is never cheap.
                      Might be the same island we used to go. It's a small world, after all!

Take care, nice chatting, all.

Comment

Might be the same island we used to go. It's a small world, after all!

Take care, nice chatting, all.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I believe so. It's a meaty rack of spareribs, with the scrappy ends trimmed off. I've heard opinions on rub vs. sauce, but I like to do both - along with a little apple cider vinegar to marinate.
                          No doubt, I like pretty much any style of BBQ EXCEPT Carolina style. I just don't like most of the stuff that's vinegar based.

But BBQ sauces, dry rubs......man, give me ANY OF IT!!!!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

It was fun when the ladies were referred to as "Broads". I hear " *****es" used a lot here at the college I work for.
                            I hate callin' the women "*****es", but the *****es love it....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Funny joke, jmike! 71 sq. mile lake in NH?! How is your sister ever supposed to find me?!
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I went to Disney when I was 17.......my cousin and I got high and went on that one, and the Pirates one....and then I remember being really freaked out by the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse so I went to go eat lunch because apparently that was a better option.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X