This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    Goes down a couple of inches below my shoulder blades now, been longer, rarely much shorter than that.
    about the same length as mine... JK.... I think I saw a picture "you in a box" long then no?

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      about the same length as mine... JK.... I think I saw a picture "you in a box" long then no?
      Yea pretty long then, the ends tickled my *** when I was undressed. Longest it got was when I was drinking, never cut it. Looked like I had a dead bergamasco hanging off my back. First thing my sister did after the PI got me home was chop it down to shoulder length. I was sooooo pissed at her for that, my forced sobriety wasn't helping either. It was like 16 hours from my last drink at that point. Hadn't been that short since I was a little girl and hasn't been since.

Comment

Actually this is not true at all. Even otherwise vicious dogs seem to calm down around me. It's why I was able to rescue and train my last dog. Took a while, walking him in the beginning was tough because he would try to attack everybody. He was 4 yo, completely untrained. Previous owners got him and just left him in the backyard alone since he was a puppy. The moved and brought him to the pound. Eventually my lack of space became a problem and he needed more exercise than I could give him. So I found him a family outside the city with a big yard and experience with dogs. He became one of the best most loyal and smartest dogs I have ever had. Ended up very friendly even to strangers. Never felt safer than when I was walking him either, he was nearly the same size as me once I got him properly fed too.
        nice I have to watch these dogs around here they'll run me over ...When Bud was young he was out on the cable to do his business...."before we had fencing"...My helper and I were working on the house, I'm up front Buds there my helper comes walking up around...Well Bud sees him and takes off running to him , I see the cable coming and try to brace myself "snow on the ground it slippery" that cable took my feet out from under me...

Comment

Yea pretty long then, the ends tickled my *** when I was undressed. Longest it got was when I was drinking, never cut it. Looked like I had a dead bergamasco hanging off my back. First thing my sister did after the PI got me home was chop it down to shoulder length. I was sooooo pissed at her for that, my forced sobriety wasn't helping either. It was like 16 hours from my last drink at that point. Hadn't been that short since I was a little girl and hasn't been since.
          ha interesting Jenn I too struggle with getting sober late 80's and dealing with anger and what not.. Did you stay sober from that time forward....I relapse a few times before I got a handle on it I was two years getting my first year sober ...you don't have to answer

Comment

• sorry for mucking up the joint guys... you all have have a good afternoon .....

Comment

• Dang, I missed all the dog talk?!?!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                ha interesting Jenn I too struggle with getting sober late 80's and dealing with anger and what not.. Did you stay sober from that time forward....I relapse a few times before I got a handle on it I was two years getting my first year sober ...you don't have to answer
                No. I was back home for the first time since my parents died. Been without a job and a home for a year, so I needed a job. She couldn't control me once I was out at work. So I would always go drinking after work and I would have plenty in the house. I finally quit drinking for good a little over a month later. I was being selfish. Was acting like I was the only one going through all of that. I wasn't, my sister was too and worse. She was watching me slowly kill myself having just gotten me back after the Boston PD told her months before, "By now she is probably dead, we will send her description to the morgues and get back to you if we find her." I ended up putting it down for her and not me at first. So she has saved my life a few times.

Comment

No. I was back home for the first time since my parents died. Been without a job and a home for a year, so I needed a job. She couldn't control me once I was out at work. So I would always go drinking after work and I would have plenty in the house. I finally quit drinking for good a little over a month later. I was being selfish. Was acting like I was the only one going through all of that. I wasn't, my sister was too and worse. She was watching me slowly kill myself having just gotten me back after the Boston PD told her months before, "By now she is probably dead, we will send her description to the morgues and get back to you if we find her." I ended up putting it down for her and not me at first. So she has saved my life a few times.
                  It's crazy to think that just one selfless thought like that can be so instrumental in bettering multiple lives.
                  Good on you. And good on her for sticking by you when you were difficult.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    It's crazy to think that just one selfless thought like that can be so instrumental in bettering multiple lives.
                    Good on you. And good on her for sticking by you when you were difficult.
                    I was beyond difficult. When you see somebody smiling at you while crying every time they see you, it even gets through my thick skull the pain I was causing.

The night I quit, I didn't wait for my ride and there were no cabs out there so I walked home, which was no small task there. Took until 8 am to get home. New years day, the police were already at the house and she had called I think every hospital in PA and NJ by then. I can't describe and I will never forget the look on her face when I walked through the door and asked "Did we get robbed or something?" She has never allowed me to be without a cell phone since, I am still on her plan and she has it set up with a gps locator. Its a bit annoying, but I can't really be upset with her about it, I owe her at least that much.

Comment

I was beyond difficult. When you see somebody smiling at you while crying every time they see you, it even gets through my thick skull the pain I was causing.

The night I quit, I didn't wait for my ride and there were no cabs out there so I walked home, which was no small task there. Took until 8 am to get home. New years day, the police were already at the house and she had called I think every hospital in PA and NJ by then. I can't describe and I will never forget the look on her face when I walked through the door and asked "Did we get robbed or something?" She has never allowed me to be without a cell phone since, I am still on her plan and she has it set up with a gps locator. Its a bit annoying, but I can't really be upset with her about it, I owe her at least that much.
                      She sounds like a good egg.
                      Yea, see, I know she'd like me!! lol =P
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

She sounds like a good egg.
                        Yea, see, I know she'd like me!! lol =P
                        Yes, keep reminding me of that as she texts me pictures of her and my nephew enjoying the lake as I do audit prep....the *****

Comment

Yes, keep reminding me of that as she texts me pictures of her and my nephew enjoying the lake as I do audit prep....the *****
                          haha...ok my bad.

what an evil person!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

haha...ok my bad.

what an evil person!
                            srsly

And she uses that gps thing to say "hey since you are only a block from _______, can you stop and pick me up _________" Stalker

Comment

srsly

And she uses that gps thing to say "hey since you are only a block from _______, can you stop and pick me up _________" Stalker
                              If youve been doing good tell her to take that crap off.

Comment

srsly

sister? more like big brother, amirite?!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X