• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    That isn't anime.
    its animated

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      its animated
      Yes, but he was criticizing Japanese anime for something you showed American cartoons do. There are plenty of contrived, fan service laden anime's out there. Doesn't mean they are all like that. Just like there is plenty of garbage in every genre of entertainment, does it mean there is nothing good in them all. It is really stupid to brush an entire genre as garbage because some of it is garbage. If you only saw the first of the Star Wars prequel trilogy, would it be fair to say the whole series is garbage? He's welcome to remain ignorant and closed minded if he wishes. But since anime cover a very large variety of subgenre's from romantic comedy, to horror, to action, to drama, to just about anything; he is just choosing to deprive himself of something he may enjoy.

Its like saying "Alien" is garbage because I didn't like "Maid in Manhattan". They are both live action movies. So "Ghost in the Shell" sucks because "Girls Bravo" was terrible. They are both Anime. It is just dumb.

Comment

Yes, but he was criticizing Japanese anime for something you showed American cartoons do. There are plenty of contrived, fan service laden anime's out there. Doesn't mean they are all like that. Just like there is plenty of garbage in every genre of entertainment, does it mean there is nothing good in them all. It is really stupid to brush an entire genre as garbage because some of it is garbage. If you only saw the first of the Star Wars prequel trilogy, would it be fair to say the whole series is garbage? He's welcome to remain ignorant and closed minded if he wishes. But since anime cover a very large variety of subgenre's from romantic comedy, to horror, to action, to drama, to just about anything; he is just choosing to deprive himself of something he may enjoy.

Its like saying "Alien" is garbage because I didn't like "Maid in Manhattan". They are both live action movies. So "Ghost in the Shell" sucks because "Girls Bravo" was terrible. They are both Anime. It is just dumb.
        I thought I wanted more Star War movies but after the last one I think they should leave it alone. Episode 1 was awful, 2 and 3 were ok. They made Anikan look like an emo puss.
        I thought the latest one was A New Hope all over again.
        Anyway, back to cartoons...Iv never seen any anime on except for adult swim. Id probably watch if I caught one because I like the way they draw and I always wanted to draw like that when I was young

Comment

That was a very well-thought-out post........which is unfortunate, because nobody here knows what you're talking about.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I thought I wanted more Star War movies but after the last one I think they should leave it alone. Episode 1 was awful, 2 and 3 were ok. They made Anikan look like an emo puss.
            I thought the latest one was A New Hope all over again.
            Anyway, back to cartoons...Iv never seen any anime on except for adult swim. Id probably watch if I caught one because I like the way they draw and I always wanted to draw like that when I was young
            that IS kinda funny, because they made Kylo Ren just as emo lol. It was like watching every star wars movie AT THE SAME TIME
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• The new Star Wars was so awful. I watched about 15 minutes and was able to plot out the rest of the movie and was right. If I wasn't with my nephew I would have walked out, instead I napped for a bit in the middle, didn't miss anything relevant. I think Kylo Ren may be a worse character than JarJar Binks was, it is close at least.

Comment

The new Star Wars was so awful. I watched about 15 minutes and was able to plot out the rest of the movie and was right. If I wasn't with my nephew I would have walked out, instead I napped for a bit in the middle, didn't miss anything relevant. I think Kylo Ren may be a worse character than JarJar Binks was, it is close at least.
                lol yea
                I didn't really dislike the movie....but yea you could predict the whole thing. It was a mirror image of A New Hope
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Loved the animated portion of KillBill.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    That was a very well-thought-out post........which is unfortunate, because nobody here knows what you're talking about.
                    You have never seen Star Wars, Alien or Maid in Manhattan? Do you at least get the general idea that Alien and Maid in Manhattan are vastly different movies? Do you understand that making a judgment on Alien based on your experience with Maid in Manhattan would be an incredibly stupid thing to do?

I don't particularly care if you ever watch a single anime, I just can't help but point out stupid when I see it.

Comment

that IS kinda funny, because they made Kylo Ren just as emo lol. It was like watching every star wars movie AT THE SAME TIME
                      I knoooow, WTF are they thinking???

Comment

lol yea
                        I didn't really dislike the movie....but yea you could predict the whole thing. It was a mirror image of A New Hope
                        Story was predictable, characters were either bad or unlikeable, acting was beyond awful, Ford just mailed it in. I swear I was watching a high budget fan fiction you tube video put out by a bunch of college Star Wars nuts for their booth at SciFiCon in Springfield Nebraska for all 37 attendees to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Loved the animated portion of KillBill.
                          yesssssss, was disappointed they didnt do one for the second movie.

Comment

yesssssss, was disappointed they didnt do one for the second movie.
                            You're supposed to watch them as a whole movie. You can get the version called "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Afair" and it puts it all in order.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

You're supposed to watch them as a whole movie. You can get the version called "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Afair" and it puts it all in order.
                              eh, the first movie was good, the other two not so much.

Comment

• you all taking about cartoons ?

Comment

Working...
                                X