This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    eh, the first movie was good, the other two not so much.
    I loved the whole thing. Been awhile since I watched though since I had seen it so many times
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

eh, the first movie was good, the other two not so much.
      There were only 2.
      I agree the second was not quite as good as the first. That last scene with Bill took forever.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        There were only 2.
        I agree the second was not quite as good as the first. That last scene with Bill took forever.
        LOL, it has been a while, the second must have dragged so much, I remember it as 2 movies. Enjoyable, but severely overrated movies. As is most of Tarantino's stuff.

Comment

• Randy Gregory will likely be suspended a few more games for substancee abuse or what ever the NFL calls it.

Comment

LOL, it has been a while, the second must have dragged so much, I remember it as 2 movies. Enjoyable, but severely overrated movies. As is most of Tarantino's stuff.
            Them's fighting words.
            Tarantino is a genius.

Comment

Them's fighting words.
              Tarantino is a genius.
              If so then genius means something completely different than what I thought it means. His stuff is good and enjoyable, but a far cry from genius. Saying he is overrated is not saying he is bad, because he isn't. He just isn't the "genius" some people claim him to be. Like people who call Eli a HOF QB, he just isn't. That doesn't mean he is bad, he just isn't among the historic elite. So Tarantino is to movies what Eli Manning is to quarterbacking. Comes up with something great once in a while, but is mostly just really good.

Comment

Them's fighting words.
                Tarantino is a genius.
                I like almost all of his movies but he is overrated and after his latest political remarks, hes hardly a genius. He gets A LOT of his ideas from old movies.

Comment

If so then genius means something completely different than what I thought it means. His stuff is good and enjoyable, but a far cry from genius. Saying he is overrated is not saying he is bad, because he isn't. He just isn't the "genius" some people claim him to be. Like people who call Eli a HOF QB, he just isn't. That doesn't mean he is bad, he just isn't among the historic elite. So Tarantino is to movies what Eli Manning is to quarterbacking. Comes up with something great once in a while, but is mostly just really good.
                  The greatest thing about Tarantino isn't his screen play writing or imagination...which are both tremendous.

It's what he gets out of his actors. The performance he got from Samuel L. in Pulp Fiction was historic. Other than Brando in The Godfather, maybe the greatest acted role in film history. Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds. Not to mention what he got out of Brad Pitt in that film. Uma in Pulp Fiction. I could go on and on.

He manages to get the best performances of these actors careers. It's actually extraordinary.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    I like almost all of his movies but he is overrated and after his latest political remarks, hes hardly a genius. He gets A LOT of his ideas from old movies.
                    He is trying to recapture the feeling he got from the films that made him interested in making movies. Most of his stuff is basically mental masturbation. And many like to watch him do it.

Comment

The greatest thing about Tarantino isn't his screen play writing or imagination...which are both tremendous.

It's what he gets out of his actors. The performance he got from Samuel L. in Pulp Fiction was historic. Other than Brando in The Godfather, maybe the greatest acted role in film history. Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds. Not to mention what he got out of Brad Pitt in that film. Uma in Pulp Fiction. I could go on and on.

He manages to get the best performances of these actors careers. It's actually extraordinary.
                      But if the story is contrived or poorly executed, who cares how good the acting is?

Comment

your being a little fairer than I would be about his movies/work...but yeah I agree for the most part with your assessment ....I'd sooner watch a Steven King movie given a choice ...
                        Last edited by byron; 07-26-2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

But if the story is contrived or poorly executed, who cares how good the acting is?
                          It never is of course.

Comment

• i don't consider him or his movies genius, but I do find them enjoyable and I think he does dialogue about as well as any director out there.

ps - Eli is a HOF QB. We can discuss the dilutive aspects of the HOF because while he just isn't among the historic elite, most of the QBs in the HOF aren't either.

Comment

It never is of course.
                              Ha! Okay....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                i don't consider him or his movies genius, but I do find them enjoyable and I think he does dialogue about as well as any director out there.

ps - Eli is a HOF QB. We can discuss the dilutive aspects of the HOF because while he just isn't among the historic elite, most of the QBs in the HOF aren't either.
                                Love too. I think there should be a limit of 100 players in the hall of fame. If you are voting and you feel a new player belongs, you need to vote somebody out as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X