Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning, love the him, really. Probably my favorite player to root for ever in any sport. He's like the live version of every cheesy sports movie clichéd hero out there. But he should not sniff the hall of fame unless it is to collect tickets or present his brother who is a borderline HOFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      Love too. I think there should be a limit of 100 players in the hall of fame. If you are voting and you feel a new player belongs, you need to vote somebody out as well.
      Cutthroat HOF I like it.

Comment

Eli Manning, love the him, really. Probably my favorite player to root for ever in any sport. He's like the live version of every cheesy sports movie clichéd hero out there. But he should not sniff the hall of fame unless it is to collect tickets or present his brother who is a borderline HOFer.

This opinion is really only valid under your prior construct; it has noting whatsoever to do with the actual HOF.

I'm not saying it's invalid, just unrealistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          i don't consider him or his movies genius, but I do find them enjoyable and I think he does dialogue about as well as any director out there.

ps - Eli is a HOF QB. We can discuss the dilutive aspects of the HOF because while he just isn't among the historic elite, most of the QBs in the HOF aren't either.
          YASSSSSS SARC....SLAAAAAAY
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• jmike,......this again?!
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              jmike,......this again?!
              Don't start, I didn't bring it up. Think I am just going to change my opinion because everybody else disagrees with me. The HOF has become the professional version of the participation trophy.

Comment

Don't start, I didn't bring it up. Think I am just going to change my opinion because everybody else disagrees with me. The HOF has become the professional version of the participation trophy.
                I'm stealing that line. That's a good one.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  I'm stealing that line. That's a good one.
                  LOL, which one?

Comment

LOL, which one?
                    The HOF has become the professional version of the participation trophy.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      The HOF has become the professional version of the participation trophy.
                      Use it well and often, I'm considering putting on a T-shirt if I ever go to Canton again.

I wonder how much trouble I would be in if I covered all the busts of the players who don't belong with table linens?

Comment

Use it well and often, I'm considering putting on a T-shirt if I ever go to Canton again.

I wonder how much trouble I would be in if I covered all the busts of the players who don't belong with table linens?

Go to Cooperstown first. It's closer and you have more to work with.

Comment

• Too many people are getting in but I think the greats of every generation should be able to selected.

How many QBs do you know have thrown for +300 tds and has two Superbowls?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Go to Cooperstown first. It's closer and you have more to work with.
                            Pffft...MLB has become such a joke it isn't even worth it. They were having serious discussions recently about having an inner circle portion of the HOF a select few best of the HOFers in this circle, a HOF of HOFers. WTF, anybody who can't make that circle should have their plaque taken down. So stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Too many people are getting in but I think the greats of every generation should be able to selected.

How many QBs do you know have thrown for +300 tds and has two Superbowls?
                              I only have known 2 QBs and neither have done that.

Comment

Pffft...MLB has become such a joke it isn't even worth it. They were having serious discussions recently about having an inner circle portion of the HOF a select few best of the HOFers in this circle, a HOF of HOFers. WTF, anybody who can't make that circle should have their plaque taken down. So stupid.
                                Its nice up there but I thought it was going to be bigger. Its kind of like a library.

Comment

Working...
                                X