Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well obviously guys like Hendrix, Page, Clapton and Santana are among the greatest of all time.

    Brian Setzer may be the greatest pure musician of all. he has a voice like Sanatra and plays a Gretsch like no one I have ever seen.
    David Gilmour is a great blues guitar player. (Pink Floyd). Plays with tremndous soul.
    Mark Knopfler is the identity of Dire Straits and has one of the greatest touches on a guitar.
    Chet Adkins is a pioneer who's complex style of rhythm and melody, played in combination is almost unimaginable to ponder trying to play.
    I recently watched Pink Floyd's "Live at Pompeii". Gilmour's technique on "Echoes" is brilliant. Hard to believe he was the replacement guitarist in that group.

    Comment


    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLqyNV1SMWE

      love watching these to guys Chet played and produced a lot of Jerry's stuff.....Truly great "guitar players" both of them
      Last edited by byron; 07-28-2016, 01:33 PM.

      Comment


      • There are not many current guitarists that you can put on any kind of list. Everything's been done. Music is subjective anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.
        I do agree with MH's list of greats though. Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Page....all awesome. But that was like the beginning of a genre in my opinion, so it's easier to recognize them as amazing performers.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • Ac in the office is out. Id rather be roofing than being in a stuffy, gross office.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Ac in the office is out. Id rather be roofing than being in a stuffy, gross office.
            sucks man.. crazy hot here also ....days like this it would near impossible to shingle a roof they would be in melt stage...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Ac in the office is out. Id rather be roofing than being in a stuffy, gross office.
              **** THAT!!! I'M OUT!!!!!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • There was a story on the news the other night, some people left 2 dogs, a yorkie and a pitbull on their patio/roof thing and the poor things were jumping around for hours because their paws were burning up on the tar that was melting. they both ended up covered in tar, and it was impossible to remove it from them later on without breaking the skin. They couldn't even buzz their hair off because the tar was down to the skin in most areas.
                That **** makes me so mad....I like dogs more than I like people, so....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                  There are not many current guitarists that you can put on any kind of list. Everything's been done. Music is subjective anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter much.
                  I do agree with MH's list of greats though. Hendrix, Clapton, Santana, Page....all awesome. But that was like the beginning of a genre in my opinion, so it's easier to recognize them as amazing performers.
                  True., I wasn't crazy about Hendrix's style, seemed mostly distorted...I guess I prefer clean guitar work ...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    There was a story on the news the other night, some people left 2 dogs, a yorkie and a pitbull on their patio/roof thing and the poor things were jumping around for hours because their paws were burning up on the tar that was melting. they both ended up covered in tar, and it was impossible to remove it from them later on without breaking the skin. They couldn't even buzz their hair off because the tar was down to the skin in most areas.
                    That **** makes me so mad....I like dogs more than I like people, so....
                    ****ing terrible

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      There was a story on the news the other night, some people left 2 dogs, a yorkie and a pitbull on their patio/roof thing and the poor things were jumping around for hours because their paws were burning up on the tar that was melting. they both ended up covered in tar, and it was impossible to remove it from them later on without breaking the skin. They couldn't even buzz their hair off because the tar was down to the skin in most areas.
                      That **** makes me so mad....I like dogs more than I like people, so....
                      Yea I saw that. People need to get their heads out of their *****. It also seems like Im seeing more videos of people leaving their dogs in their cars.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by byron View Post
                        True., I wasn't crazy about Hendrix's style, seemed mostly distorted...I guess I prefer clean guitar work ...
                        Whaaat?
                        Come on, this is cleeeean, serene, and pristine!

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBlqcbpmxY

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Whaaat?
                          Come on, this is cleeeean, serene, and pristine!

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBlqcbpmxY
                          could have used a little more wah-wah

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            Yea I saw that. People need to get their heads out of their *****. It also seems like Im seeing more videos of people leaving their dogs in their cars.
                            **** those people in particular.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

                            It's too bad, I'm too good....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by byron View Post
                              could have used a little more wah-wah
                              haha I love that song. Blues meets rock.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                haha I love that song. Blues meets rock.
                                I had one album by him I believe it was " experience " I liked "hey Joe" and all along the watch tower....I actually enjoy Roy Buchannan's cover versions more than Hendricks originals ...but that's me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X