Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you guys were going to put together an all time team of only players born or raised in the NY Metro area, who would be on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      If you guys were going to put together an all time team of only players born or raised in the NY Metro area, who would be on it?
      Football team?

Comment

If you guys were going to put together an all time team of only players born or raised in the NY Metro area, who would be on it?
        Michael Jordan.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          All Along the Watchtower is my favorite Hendrix song, oddly enough.
          After Princes passing, there was a lot of chatter about his "amazing" performance of that song at a Super Bowl halftime show.

Funny how I don't recall that.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most of my choices would come from anywhere but that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              After Princes passing, there was a lot of chatter about his "amazing" performance of that song at a Super Bowl halftime show.

Funny how I don't recall that.
              Only Half Time show I ever really liked Was Tom Petty at 42. I don't really pay attention to half time.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Football team?
                Yes, sorry. I don't really pay attention to anything else so I didn't think to specify.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most of my choices would come from anywhere but that area.
                  This makes no sense, asked to pick the best players from within a specific area and your choices would come from outside it?

I have somebody sharing my home like that, "Do you want pork chops or sea bass for dinner?" "Oh! Let's have shrimp!" And she still hasn't learned to duck.

Comment

Only Half Time show I ever really liked Was Tom Petty at 42. I don't really pay attention to half time.
                    You probably don't remember this - but when I first joined this site, I started a thread about who would be a good S.B. halftime performer. We discussed Tom Petty and his band, who you said your father introduced you to. I mentioned that I had not been a big fan of them, except that I thought "Wildflowers" was one of the best complete album efforts I had heard in a long time. But that excellent performance changed my overall impression of them.

Comment

This makes no sense, asked to pick the best players from within a specific area and your choices would come from outside it?

I have somebody sharing my home like that, "Do you want pork chops or sea bass for dinner?" "Oh! Let's have shrimp!" And she still hasn't learned to duck.
                      I love duck - especially with plum sauce!

Comment

You probably don't remember this - but when I first joined this site, I started a thread about who would be a good S.B. halftime performer. We discussed Tom Petty and his band, who you said your father introduced you to. I mentioned that I had not been a big fan of them, except that I thought "Wildflowers" was one of the best complete album efforts I had heard in a long time. But that excellent performance changed my overall impression of them.
                        I still want to see a marching band for the SB halftime show.

Comment

Yep, it's true. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits was my first album thanks to my dad. Admittedly, I'm kinda picky about what tracks of theirs I like, but yea, I've always been a fan since I was about 10
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

As long as there's some ridiculously amazing drum lines in there, I like it....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I like when marching bands play goofy songs - like B-52s.

Did you see the old "Up With People" performances?

Comment

Yep, it's true. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits was my first album thanks to my dad. Admittedly, I'm kinda picky about what tracks of theirs I like, but yea, I've always been a fan since I was about 10
                                There's very few groups with consistently good albums, that you can play all the way through. Led Zep is one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X