This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
    I hate chain restaurants, but Houlihans is an exception. They recently dumped the prime rib, which was a good value there. Their pot roast is still awesome, though.
    Chipotle is the greatest chain restaurant of all time. I'm willing to risk deadly disease to eat there.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm not a huge fan of lyrics. It's really hard to write good melodies.
      Melodies that we still know in our head, 50 years later are to be appreciated.
      Yes, I get discussions about lyrics and melodies crossed up. Sometimes lyrics try too hard for rhymes, and come off as weak. Melodies are all inclusive. Paul McCartney plays about the most "melodic" bass you will ever hear. That's a big part of what made them great and memorable.

Comment

Chipotle is the greatest chain restaurant of all time. I'm willing to risk deadly disease to eat there.
        Well, most Mexican places are all chains - so there's little choice. Considering the price range, I'd invite and treat a "taster" that I could afford to loose. Let them order first, have a few Margaritas and wait it out.

Comment

Yes, I get discussions about lyrics and melodies crossed up. Sometimes lyrics try too hard for rhymes, and come off as weak. Melodies are all inclusive. Paul McCartney plays about the most "melodic" bass you will ever hear. That's a big part of what made them great and memorable.
          Listen to the bass in "Something". McCartney was a great bass player. Great musician actually. he was probably the best guitar player in the band but never really played guitar for them.

Comment

I hate chain restaurants, but Houlihans is an exception. They recently dumped the prime rib, which was a good value there. Their pot roast is still awesome, though.
            Not a chain, just a pub I go to for burgers and wings. They changed the meat they are using for the burgers, changed the sauce for the wings, changed the cut of the fries to stingy pieces of crap, eliminated 3 items on the menu I get when I don't want a burger, raised the price of the salad I like to $18, for a frigging greek salad! Ugh, I go there once every 2 weeks at least, it WAS good, WAS relatively inexpensive and is very close.

Very unhappy

Comment

Well, most Mexican places are all chains
              Yogi? Is that you?

Comment

Listen to the bass in "Something". McCartney was a great bass player. Great musician actually. he was probably the best guitar player in the band but never really played guitar for them.
                Reporter - "Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?"
                Lennon - "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles..."
                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

He's awesome. "Abbey Road" was my first rock album. My wife loves the Beatles, and we listen to their stuff on a daily basis. I just prefer the older albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      First of all....John Lennon was a ****head......I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was a real jaggoff.

Secondly,,,Ringo was a damned good drummer.

Comment

He's awesome. "Abbey Road" was my first rock album. My wife loves the Beatles, and we listen to their stuff on a daily basis. I just prefer the older albums.
                        I would say that in the world of music in the last 50 years, Paul McCartney is the gold standard for song writers.
                        He's basically the best song writer in the rock and roll era.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Not a chain, just a pub I go to for burgers and wings. They changed the meat they are using for the burgers, changed the sauce for the wings, changed the cut of the fries to stingy pieces of crap, eliminated 3 items on the menu I get when I don't want a burger, raised the price of the salad I like to $18, for a frigging greek salad! Ugh, I go there once every 2 weeks at least, it WAS good, WAS relatively inexpensive and is very close.

Very unhappy
                          We have a place called "The Post Office" in Babylon that eliminated some good choices, and whatever new creations they have come up with all suck. It's a shame, it used to be so fun to go to. Their waffle fries and ambiance are about the only thing still good.

Comment

We have a place called "The Post Office" in Babylon that eliminated some good choices, and whatever new creations they have come up with all suck. It's a shame, it used to be so fun to go to. Their waffle fries and ambiance are about the only thing still good.
                            We don't realize just how lucky we have it here. My daughter lived in the UK for three years and when they came back we went out to 5 Guys for lunch.
                            They thought it was the most awesome food they had ever eaten.

Comment

First of all....John Lennon was a ****head......I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was a real jaggoff.

Secondly,,,Ringo was a damned good drummer.
                              I really don't care about any of those things.....
                              I just know of numerous instances where The Beatles would troll reporters just to get a laugh.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

Very unhappy
                                John Taffer is teaching them how to make money.

Comment

Working...
                                X