Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I would say that in the world of music in the last 50 years, Paul McCartney is the gold standard for song writers.
    He's basically the best song writer in the rock and roll era.
    Yeah, you always hear about the Lennon - McCartney best songwriting tandem of all time. I never cared or any of Lennon's post Beatles efforts. Some of it was actually seedy. Too strong on message, very little melody.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Mass!! Mass!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        First of all....John Lennon was a ****head......I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was a real jaggoff.

        Secondly,,,Ringo was a damned good drummer.
        Vouch. The guy is a great musician and has a clock like a metronome in his head.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          We don't realize just how lucky we have it here. My daughter lived in the UK for three years and when they came back we went out to 5 Guys for lunch.
          They thought it was the most awesome food they had ever eaten.
          5 Guys is like the quintessential burger joint.....order a burger and fries with whatever the **** you want on it....order fries and a coke.....get a bag with your burger in it, but also for some reason brimming with fries lol.
          it's my hangover meal of choice, because, ya know...greasy burger....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            John Taffer is teaching them how to make money.
            lmao....that guy , as well as that jacked English guy, got 2 places completely shut down in my area.

            talk about not knowing your target demographic.....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

            It's too bad, I'm too good....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
              Yeah, you always hear about the Lennon - McCartney best songwriting tandem of all time. I never cared or any of Lennon's post Beatles efforts. Some of it was actually seedy. Too strong on message, very little melody.
              Lennon was a great songwriter. He never had McCartney's gift for melody but he wrote some very good stuff.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                lmao....that guy , as well as that jacked English guy, got 2 places completely shut down in my area.

                talk about not knowing your target demographic.....

                lol....how bad must they have been to get shut down by him? He renovates even the crappiest of places.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  Lennon was a great songwriter. He never had McCartney's gift for melody but he wrote some very good stuff.
                  He did.
                  His post Beatles career was actually pretty good. The "Imagine" album was really good. Loved Jealous Guy and How Do You Sleep.

                  But I hate the fact that How Do You Sleep was written about McCartney. It was a huge cheap shot.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    Admittedly not a huge Beatles fan, but....I can honestly say that I like their music more than I care about the content of their lyrics.
                    They wrote a song about me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Lennon was a great songwriter. He never had McCartney's gift for melody but he wrote some very good stuff.
                      I suppose that's why they were a tandem. But listening to some of his solo stuff, he must have been told "please, no", a few times while still with the Beatles?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        He did.
                        His post Beatles career was actually pretty good. The "Imagine" album was really good. Loved Jealous Guy and How Do You Sleep.

                        But I hate the fact that How Do You Sleep was written about McCartney. It was a huge cheap shot.
                        "Imagine" is a very nice thought. It's just not written with humans in mind.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                          I suppose that's why they were a tandem. But listening to some of his solo stuff, he must have been told "please, no", a few times while still with the Beatles?
                          I don't think they wrote together very much. When either guy wrote a song they would just list it under the "Lennon-McCartney" moniker.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            They wrote a song about me.
                            We're gonna get high, high, high?" (Wings)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                              "Imagine" is a very nice thought. It's just not written with humans in mind.
                              It was Commy bull****.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                lol....how bad must they have been to get shut down by him? He renovates even the crappiest of places.
                                I should have explained that better. He took a failing bar, and made a place that nobody had any desire to even check out. It was some place out in Fishkill I think. Don't remember the specifics.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X