This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't think they wrote together very much. When either guy wrote a song they would just list it under the "Lennon-McCartney" moniker.
    Yeah, according to McCartney they stopped writing eye to eye (his words) by around 1965. After that it was simply adding something to the other guy's mostly completed song or helping to create the middle 8 if there wasn't one already

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I should have explained that better. He took a failing bar, and made a place that nobody had any desire to even check out. It was some place out in Fishkill I think. Don't remember the specifics.

Now that sounds right. "We're making it into a sophisitcated gastro-pub!"

*crickets*crickets*crickets*

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Now that sounds right. "We're making it into a sophisitcated gastro-pub!"

*crickets*crickets*crickets*
        That word "gastro" is just about the most unappetizing description for a restaurant.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          And the people who worked there.

Landlords no need to find new tenants.

Also proven that as businesses fail in a area, crime rates tend to rise. So it might have produced a few more victims as well.

This will also lower property values in the are, hurting every homeowner. With confidence in the area dropping, other local business will see decreasing revenue, causing more degrading of the area, causing more decreases in revenue. This will continue exponentially until the entire area is a warzone and then to keep piece they will need to create a robocop. Which will lead them finding inorganic ways to produce the ultimate police officer. This could lead to an artificial intelligence that decided the way to protect the world is to destroy the people and then John Connor needs to send his dad back in time to fight Arnold, deposit his sperm and then leave her a single mom in a harsh world and creating an inescapable loop of fate.

All because John Taffer wanted to refurbish his pool house.

All true.

The only caveat is that the businesses he renovates were all going too fail anyway.

I think the whole point of the show is "if you don't know how to run a business, owning a bar just so you will have a place to drink is a bad idea"

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            Watching Eli throw bombs to Odell is making me horny.

Definitely not just you. bebil is pretty turgid as well.

Comment

All true.

The only caveat is that the businesses he renovates were all going too fail anyway.

I think the whole point of the show is "if you don't know how to run a business, owning a bar just so you will have a place to drink is a bad idea"
              Really?!

.........****..................
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Definitely not just you. bebil is pretty turgid as well.
                  "Turgid" Now there's a good woody sort of word "Turgid"

All the naughty words sound woody.

Comment

All true.

My boss owns the building across the street. He can never seem o find a regular tenant for it. So his big decision he told me about was he was going to open a small restaurant in there. I asked him why. He said so he had someplace to eat breakfast for free. After I laughed for a bit at his obvious joke, he convinced me that he was serious and wanted my opinion on the idea because of my extensive background in restaurants. I told him it was the stupidest idea he has come up with this week.

Comment

My boss owns the building across the street. He can never seem o find a regular tenant for it. So his big decision he told me about was he was going to open a small restaurant in there. I asked him why. He said so he had someplace to eat breakfast for free. After I laughed for a bit at his obvious joke, he convinced me that he was serious and wanted my opinion on the idea because of my extensive background in restaurants. I told him it was the stupidest idea he has come up with this week.
                      Considering so many restaurants fail, even with experienced owners, that's always a tough sell!!
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Considering so many restaurants fail, even with experienced owners, that's always a tough sell!!
                        Yup. He has no clue.

I don't know if any of you have heard of serve safe, but it is one of a couple of certifying organizations that are required for most management and above level people to have. You take a class if you need it and pass a test. My old chef required that every employee who had been there 3 months take the test and pass. He paid for the class and test the first time, most people can pass, not that hard. I have been certified several times and my lowest score was a 95. My most recent has expired I think and I am not working in food anymore.

Well it seems there are people who are certified trainers who will, turn in a passed test for you for a fee and never make you take a class or the test. He thought it would be a good idea to pay extra for that since he doesn't know anything about food.

Comment

Yup. He has no clue.

I don't know if any of you have heard of serve safe, but it is one of a couple of certifying organizations that are required for most management and above level people to have. You take a class if you need it and pass a test. My old chef required that every employee who had been there 3 months take the test and pass. He paid for the class and test the first time, most people can pass, not that hard. I have been certified several times and my lowest score was a 95. My most recent has expired I think and I am not working in food anymore.

Well it seems there are people who are certified trainers who will, turn in a passed test for you for a fee and never make you take a class or the test. He thought it would be a good idea to pay extra for that since he doesn't know anything about food.

My response:

-___-
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Is it too aggressive to wear a t-shirt around that says "King Sh*t of F*ck Mountain" ??

I feel like it's acceptable....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Is it too aggressive to wear a t-shirt around that says "King Sh*t of F*ck Mountain" ??

I feel like it's acceptable....
                              Really gross, but whatever you want to do behind closed does with a consenting adult is your business.

Comment

Really gross, but whatever you want to do behind closed does with a consenting adult is your business.
                                hahahaha
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X