This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Well, I have certainly been shown the error of my ways insulting all this farmers and war heroes.

I will never generalize again.
    lmao....the best is that he was the one who narrowly defined the made up demographic.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      lmao....the best is that he was the one who narrowly defined the made up demographic.
      Exactly my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        I'm with you Byron, it is all a mess. Of course I am one of the yahoos, just not sure which group of yahoos I belong to. Just a long suffering, irrational idealist really.
        well I'm very pessimistic in all things so when I see intelligence placed on a pedestal I don't just assume that's a good or better thing... Have you ever meet a person who's really smart and stupid at the same time ? Anyhow I guess we're all yahoos in some form or another...the ones that like to draw attention to themselves are the worst.....now I'll crawl back in my hole

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sarcasman;1858847]
          Originally posted by byron View Post

None taken nor intended.
          thumbs up

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            well I'm very pessimistic in all things so when I see intelligence placed on a pedestal I don't just assume that's a good or better thing... Have you ever meet a person who's really smart and stupid at the same time ? Anyhow I guess we're all yahoos in some form or another...the ones that like to draw attention to themselves are the worst.....now I'll crawl back in my hole
            It's true. They're equally bad regardless of political stripe and I hate them both.

But not as much as I hate the Romans...

Comment

It's true. They're equally bad regardless of political stripe and I hate them both.

But not as much as I hate the Romans...
              specifically that Pontius Pilate.....real yahoo that one....
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I find in my life that every person is both very smart and very stupid, each in their own ways. I think the most common myth in the world is something many people refer to as common sense. It doesn't exist. Common sense is things you learn through the foibles of your life experience. To each person this is unique. I often use restaurants as an example for this because I have spent a large portion of my teen and adult life working in them and as a young girl I learned to cook at my mother's side. She was an excellent cook and she also spent a lot of time working in restaurants when she first came to this country. There are many things I see people do in their own kitchen or new people with their first restaurant job that I would say they lack common sense. Because of course you don't handle a knife like that, or why are you prepping meat next to veggies, or any number of things that make a server or a cook just shake their head in dismay. To me, those things are common sense. But it isn't something that is part of their life experience so to them it isn't common sense.

Traffic laws are something that are not within my realm of common sense. I don't drive even though I have a license and understand the mechanics of how to do it. The few times I do borrow a car and drive because it is necessary, I am quite certain many drivers on the road look at me and say WTF is she doing. Which to many of you would seem like common sense to do. Does make me stupid...well yes when it comes to driving, but it doesn't mean I am stupid.

Ignorant is a good word that is used in a very negative way. We call people ignorant to insult them when in reality it just means they just don't know. When it comes to how to handle oneself in a kitchen I find a large majority of the world around me to be ignorant. Just like I am ignorant when you find me behind a wheel. Ignorant is not stupid and there isn't a person in the world that could use a bit more knowledge. Needing more knowledge is not the same as being stupid and that person who you feel needs more knowledge could probably also teach you a few things of which you are ignorant.

Not sure I explained my point very well there, but it all makes sense in my head.

Comment

• Too scrolly.

Comment

Too scrolly.
                    ??

Comment

• No, there is such a thing as common sense but like you said its different for different people.

Comment

??
                        Too looooooooooooooong

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Too looooooooooooooong
                          said nobody ever

Comment

• but seriously

I struggle to communicate my thoughts succinctly and when I do they make little sense or come across as ******. So I did my best to be clear if I couldn't be concise. My apologies.

Comment

said nobody ever
                              Concision is your friend on the Giants MB.

Sorry.....Deal with it.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• 20 sentences....on a message board....where the communication method is text...so you come here expecting to read....yet 20 sentences is a struggle on a 207,380 post thread.....and people wonder why they all make very little sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X