This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    20 sentences....on a message board....where the communication method is text...so you come here expecting to read....yet 20 sentences is a struggle on a 207,380 post thread.....and people wonder why they all make very little sense to me.
    Can you give me the TL: DR version of this post, please?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

20 sentences....on a message board....where the communication method is text...so you come here expecting to read....yet 20 sentences is a struggle on a 207,380 post thread.....and people wonder why they all make very little sense to me.
      Now youre starting to get it. Its common sense!

Comment

You might want to study e e cummings or Appolinaire to see the benefit of presenting text in an enticing way.

"Walls of words" are an invitation to ignore.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          You might want to study e e cummings or Appolinaire to see the benefit of presenting text in an enticing way.

I think i also read somewhere that message boards can be unhealthy for some.

Comment

• Oh good....Allentown is back! My favorite Morehead stalker.
            Our little ray of sunshine.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Im still hung up on the bear thing. Why do guys get all the cool animal categories? Its sexist.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Im still hung up on the bear thing. Why do guys get all the cool animal categories? Its sexist.
                And as a woman, you're offended I assume.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Now youre starting to get it. Its common sense!
                  no, it makes no sense. but I am used to that

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Not a wall of words, it is sensible sized paragraphs. I did my best to explain myself clearly, I didn't realize reading was so difficult for so many here. Makes me wonder why you would choose text based communications for your enjoyment. Its like a blind person pleasuring themselves to naked pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      Yea, that's how I read it? Maybe I didn't get enough coffee today.

Comment

I find in my life that every person is both very smart and very stupid, each in their own ways. I think the most common myth in the world is something many people refer to as common sense. It doesn't exist. Common sense is things you learn through the foibles of your life experience. To each person this is unique. I often use restaurants as an example for this because I have spent a large portion of my teen and adult life working in them and as a young girl I learned to cook at my mother's side. She was an excellent cook and she also spent a lot of time working in restaurants when she first came to this country. There are many things I see people do in their own kitchen or new people with their first restaurant job that I would say they lack common sense. Because of course you don't handle a knife like that, or why are you prepping meat next to veggies, or any number of things that make a server or a cook just shake their head in dismay. To me, those things are common sense. But it isn't something that is part of their life experience so to them it isn't common sense.

Traffic laws are something that are not within my realm of common sense. I don't drive even though I have a license and understand the mechanics of how to do it. The few times I do borrow a car and drive because it is necessary, I am quite certain many drivers on the road look at me and say WTF is she doing. Which to many of you would seem like common sense to do. Does make me stupid...well yes when it comes to driving, but it doesn't mean I am stupid.

Ignorant is a good word that is used in a very negative way. We call people ignorant to insult them when in reality it just means they just don't know. When it comes to how to handle oneself in a kitchen I find a large majority of the world around me to be ignorant. Just like I am ignorant when you find me behind a wheel. Ignorant is not stupid and there isn't a person in the world that could use a bit more knowledge. Needing more knowledge is not the same as being stupid and that person who you feel needs more knowledge could probably also teach you a few things of which you are ignorant.

Not sure I explained my point very well there, but it all makes sense in my head.
                        Agreed J-mike I may have blew off a little with my comment. I may suck when it comes to grammar and plenty of other things Then there are things I know a lot about .... I enjoy your comments thanks

Comment

Not a wall of words, it is sensible sized paragraphs. I did my best to explain myself clearly, I didn't realize reading was so difficult for so many here. Makes me wonder why you would choose text based communications for your enjoyment. Its like a blind person pleasuring themselves to naked pictures.
                          Are you getting serious with us?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            somebody has ta think about the gals.

Comment

Are you getting serious with us?
                              Depends on what you mean. I am genuinely confused as to why that was so difficult to read. I do know it wasn't particularly concise and apologized for that, but neither was it a wall of text lacking breaks or punctuation. It was not something that lended itself well to bullet points or I would have used them.

Comment

somebody has ta think about the gals.
                                Oh, I think about em.......I think about em all the time.....
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X