This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
    That's great. Yea my sister takes this inhaler called symbicort twice a day and it has done wonders.
    I'm still on the Ventolin Inhaler. Never heard of Symbicort however.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      It's like the advair diskus if you have ever heard of that but it's in inhaler form. It's not for acute attacks or a rescue inhaler. It's a steroid for your lungs.

Comment

I have been hearing about one with cannabis oil and or that the oil can be helpful for many who have copd

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
          I have been hearing about one with cannabis oil and or that the oil can be helpful for many who have copd
          UMMMMM THAT MEANS I'M ELIGIBLE FOR A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IF IT'S PROVEN IT CAN HELP WITH ASTHMA/COPD.

omg my ovaries..

Comment

It's like the advair diskus if you have ever heard of that but it's in inhaler form. It's not for acute attacks or a rescue inhaler. It's a steroid for your lungs.
            Oooooooooh okay. Then I have one of those, it's the flovent inhaler. It's a prevention inhaler. Yeah I haven't refilled mine in months. Maybe that's why I kept suffering cause I stopped taking it.

Comment

UMMMMM THAT MEANS I'M ELIGIBLE FOR A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IF IT'S PROVEN IT CAN HELP WITH ASTHMA/COPD.

omg my ovaries..
              (1) THC seems to produce faster symptomatic relief than Proventil, and speed is important when you're having trouble breathing.

(2) THC seems to increase lung capacity and produce deeper breathing than Proventil.

(3) THC seems to enable deeper breaths than when not under attacks. There are a number of objective tests of lung capacity that have shown this theory to be true.
              Idk Rudy it just caught my eye because of my own problems I plan on talking to the doc about it...Smoking is out of the question for me but maybe the oil/thc would help
              Last edited by byron; 08-25-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

omg my ovaries..
                The one hes talking about doesnt get you high

Comment

• Just tried that whooperieto from Burger King and it's very messy. Stay away I repeat stay away. You are better off with the whopper JR.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    sorry my cut paste missed this one

(4) THC does tend to make you sleepy, which actually makes it perfect for right before you go to bed, when consistently the need to use Proventil to prevent the asthma/COPD attack that inevitably starts as soon as you lie down.

sorry my cut paste missed this one

Comment

I take my allergy medication everyday. Zyrtec is a great anti-histamine that blocks out my asthma triggers. It's also a decongestant and helps expels the mucus.

So this morninf I had trouble breathing and I took two Zyrtec. Within an hour everything was clear in my chest!
                      That's awesome, news, Rudy. I thrilled to hear that.

Comment

I have a question for you guys. Does anyone else find the specialization in sports a bad thing? For example when reading up on draft prospects they talk about a d-end being a 5 tech or whatever. It's seems this is a new thing, what happened to a player playing two gaps or I should being expected to be able to play in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Just like in baseball with the explosion of relievers and guys going 6 innings and being congratulated for that. I think it takes away and makes the modern athlete too one demensionial.
                        I'm not a fan of any of it, frankly.

I agree with you that it leads to over celebrating mediocrity. I actually heard mlb announcers say recently that a young pitcher had pitched a great game as he was taken out after throwing 5 2/3rds innings and gave up 3 runs.

I think a lot of it is driven off stat sites and their desire to pretend that that throwing a billion numbers at something makes it completely understandable. It's also the mindset that insists that Matt Ryan is a great QB for some staticular reason that everyone's eyes apparently can't see.

Comment

Oooooooooh okay. Then I have one of those, it's the flovent inhaler. It's a prevention inhaler. Yeah I haven't refilled mine in months. Maybe that's why I kept suffering cause I stopped taking it.
                          I take advair everyday. One puff in the morning and that's it.

I haven't had any major asthma issues in years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            That's CBD not THC then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              That's CBD not THC then?
                              Yea, Nate Diaz was smoking a cbd pen at his post fight interview but the ufc might suspendhim for it. Such bs

Anyone see that fight? Great fight, ****in battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                                I'm not a fan of any of it, frankly.

I agree with you that it leads to over celebrating mediocrity. I actually heard mlb announcers say recently that a young pitcher had pitched a great game as he was taken out after throwing 5 2/3rds innings and gave up 3 runs.

I think a lot of it is driven off stat sites and their desire to pretend that that throwing a billion numbers at something makes it completely understandable. It's also the mindset that insists that Matt Ryan is a great QB for some staticular reason that everyone's eyes apparently can't see.
                                Well said.
                                There are SOME things that I like stats for, but...a large majority of the time they are just numbers used to further some agenda.

In my opinion you can compare a pitcher to a pitcher, and perhaps a QB to a QB, so long as things like WINS are taken into consideration. When Stafford was tossing 5k yards a year, but barely winning 9 games, people wanted to say he was better than Aaron Rodgers. I'm a Stafford fan (UGA guy) and even I recognize that as bull****.
                                The better comparisons are reserved for like....idk, WRs maybe? as long as a guy is getting a bunch of targets, you can probably compare 2 WRs.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X