Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.
    You have that backwards.

    You are choosing not to gamble because you lost a friend who had a gambling problem. Good for you, pointless, but good for you. But you want to pick and choose what gambling is "real" gambling. Well, it doesn't work that way. Adiction, no matter what kind, can be triggered by what amounts to negligibly dangerous behavior. Maybe it is a $5 bet on the next hole, or a $20 fantasy football league with prize money, or that lottery ticket when the jackpot is high, or that friendly game of poker where the winner gets dinner free and no real money is played with. It really doesn't matter, they all could be triggers that could send somebody back into the spiral of adiction. So what you are doing is showing no understanding of what your friend really had to deal with.

    I've had one serious issue since I quit drinking because of frigging O'Douls. At a picnic and the only fluids was beer and a few juice boxes for the kids there. "Thinking of me" they remembered to bring the O'Douls so I had something to drink. Well since I wasn't going to take the kids' drinks and it was non-alcoholic, I would have some and not make an issue. Huge mistake, had not even one and I had my first craving for a drink in a few years. Two weeks of struggles reminding myself that no just one is not ok.

    But please, tell me all about adiction since I have no idea what the **** I'm talking about.

    DH

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      When I step outside my house it's a gamble.
      A little perspective here. If you want to call plopping down $20.00 in August in a FF league, "gambling", that is your prerogative. I play golf for a few dollars every weekend morning.
      I separate this kind of benign activity with the kind of destructive behavior that can ruin lives. The goal of the lottery is to get people hooked so the pockets of the State are lined. the more lives ruined by the lottery, the more politicians can claim "fiscal reponsibility". The purpose of casinos is to get people to leave every last dollar before they drag their broken ***** out.

      What victimized my friend was the lure of the Lottery. If I was his wife, I would have sued the State of Massachusetts for directly causing his death. They WANT you hooked. Our own government. Those who CLAIM to act in our interest. They GAIN by destroying the lives of their citizens.

      So apply all the semantics you want. When any normal person applies common sense, we understand the difference.
      You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jmike View Post
        You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.
        It's official. You are WAY angrier than I am.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          It's official. You are WAY angrier than I am.
          That very well may be, but you still don't have a clue. You lost a friend to a gambling adiction and you think you can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. You are an ignorant fool, but keep talking, its fun to hear what you think you know.

          Comment


          • Everybody love everybody.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              You have that backwards.

              You are choosing not to gamble because you lost a friend who had a gambling problem. Good for you, pointless, but good for you. But you want to pick and choose what gambling is "real" gambling. Well, it doesn't work that way. Adiction, no matter what kind, can be triggered by what amounts to negligibly dangerous behavior. Maybe it is a $5 bet on the next hole, or a $20 fantasy football league with prize money, or that lottery ticket when the jackpot is high, or that friendly game of poker where the winner gets dinner free and no real money is played with. It really doesn't matter, they all could be triggers that could send somebody back into the spiral of adiction. So what you are doing is showing no understanding of what your friend really had to deal with.

              I've had one serious issue since I quit drinking because of frigging O'Douls. At a picnic and the only fluids was beer and a few juice boxes for the kids there. "Thinking of me" they remembered to bring the O'Douls so I had something to drink. Well since I wasn't going to take the kids' drinks and it was non-alcoholic, I would have some and not make an issue. Huge mistake, had not even one and I had my first craving for a drink in a few years. Two weeks of struggles reminding myself that no just one is not ok.

              But please, tell me all about adiction since I have no idea what the **** I'm talking about.

              DH
              What kind of juice boxes ? Capri sun's can be for adults as we and hit the spot if you ask me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                It's official. You are WAY angrier than I am.
                You come off more bitter than angry if you ask me. Just a negative person.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                  What kind of juice boxes ? Capri sun's can be for adults as we and hit the spot if you ask me.
                  I concur, capri suns are for everyone.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                    That very well may be, but you still don't have a clue. You lost a friend to a gambling adiction and you think you can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. You are an ignorant fool, but keep talking, its fun to hear what you think you know.
                    You are calling someone who is nothing but dots on a computer screen to you, an "ignorant fool".

                    This is really where you want to go? If so....have at it. Personally I have no idea what kind of person you are. How on earth could I?
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Anyone do anything good over the weekend?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                        Anyone do anything good over the weekend?
                        Just killing it in the FF draft. Other than that...a funeral and golf.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          Just killing it in the FF draft. Other than that...a funeral and golf.
                          Mediocre at best.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            Anyone do anything good over the weekend?
                            Went frisbee golfing on Saturday then went to a cookout/fantasy football draft.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                              Mediocre at best.
                              I'm a little concerned about my QB situation until Brady comes back. Other than that...........I'm good.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                                Went frisbee golfing on Saturday then went to a cookout/fantasy football draft.
                                Our commish is too cheap for that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X