This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    I feel like youre talking about two different skills. Youre saying he can't cover....but, then youre saying he dropped 2 picks, which doesn't mean he can't cover. just means he CANT make plays. Now I just don't know where you stand.
    As always he's just talking out of his ***. Ignore it, he has no idea what he's talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
      As always he's just talking out of his ***. Ignore it, he has no idea what he's talking about.
      God this kills me but I kind of agree with MH. Use Stevie Brown for example the year he had all those pics for us. He was a lousy safety but had ball hawking skills. I know it's different positions but a guy can have a habit of making plays but have poor cover skills. Remember Percy Ellsworth, he was kind of the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        DRC is NOT a good cover guy. But he IS a playmaker and ball hawk.
        Unfortunately you are right, he dropped two sure TD picks last year in huge spots.

Pizz thinks he's underrated. Personally I think he's WAY overrated as a cover guy.
        I disagree, if he wasnt a good cover guy he would have been getting burned all year, which wasnt the case at all. Hes played very well for us imo. But he has to start being a playmaker and a ball hawk again. We havent really seen that since hes been here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          I disagree, if he wasnt a good cover guy he would have been getting burned all year, which wasnt the case at all. Hes played very well for us imo. But he has to start being a playmaker and a ball hawk again. We havent really seen that since hes been here.
          He takes chances and sometimes they pay off but most of the time they don't. That doesn't make him a good cover guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
            He takes chances and sometimes they pay off but most of the time they don't. That doesn't make him a good cover guy
            covering his guy and not getting thrown at makes him a pretty good cover guy. Im not saying hes great but teams werent picking on him, they were picking on Prince. I suspect qbs are going to look Jenkings way more than DRC. And thats because hes on his man.

Comment

We gave up 4800 yards last year in passing.
              Worst in the NFL.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

We gave up 4800 yards last year in passing.
                Worst in the NFL.
                Again, I dont remember DRC giving up big plays too often. How many tds did he give up last year?

Comment

Again, I dont remember DRC giving up big plays too often. How many tds did he give up last year?
                  Dezz.....We gave up an historically bad amount of passing yards. I can't go play by play, but do you really think DRC was locking down his man all year?

He's not a good cover guy. Nor is Jenkins. But they both have good ball skills, athleticism and instincts. But they also get beat a lot.
                  Prince however WAS a good cover guy but his ball skills were for ****. That's why we got rid of him. If you're going to give up a lot of passing yards, like we did, we need to get some turnovers. Which we did. It was the one saving grace of our defense. They got turnovers and even scored a few times.

Comment

Dezz.....We gave up an historically bad amount of passing yards. I can't go play by play, but do you really think DRC was locking down his man all year?

He's not a good cover guy. Nor is Jenkins. But they both have good ball skills, athleticism and instincts. But they also get beat a lot.
                    Prince however WAS a good cover guy but his ball skills were for ****. That's why we got rid of him. If you're going to give up a lot of passing yards, like we did, we need to get some turnovers. Which we did. It was the one saving grace of our defense. They got turnovers and even scored a few times.
                    Never said he was locking it down. I said I dont recall him giving up too many big plays. Would you agree?

Comment

Never said he was locking it down. I said I dont recall him giving up too many big plays. Would you agree?
                      No I wouldn't.

Comment

No I wouldn't.
                        I think youre in the minority on that one. I think teams attacked the middle and Princes side much, much more than DRCs

Stop killing threads.

Comment

I think youre in the minority on that one. I think teams attacked the middle and Princes side much, much more than DRCs

Stop killing threads.
                          Teams def. went after Prince's side. He had 1 good season, but then kept getting hurt, so teams just picked on him. rightfully so.

DRC was the much better overall CB.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            Teams def. went after Prince's side. He had 1 good season, but then kept getting hurt, so teams just picked on him. rightfully so.

DRC was the much better overall CB.
                            Is DRC a better CB than Prtince?...Yes he is.
                            Is DRC a better CB than Jenkins?....No I don't think so.

Look, DRC is a speed guy who usually doesn't get beat deep. But he is very vulnerable to good route runners. For instance, ODB must abuse him in practice.

The real bottom line, if you give up 4800 yards and 31 TD's...It's not all on one side.

I put DRC as maybe in the top 30 in NFL corners. He's WAY overpaid.

Comment

Look, DRC is a speed guy who usually doesn't get beat deep. But he is very vulnerable to good route runners. For instance, ODB must abuse him in practice.

The real bottom line, if you give up 4800 yards and 31 TD's...It's not all on one side.

Youre nuts. I think Jenkings gave up more than 20 tds last year. Id be shocked if DRC gave up more than 7ish.

Comment

Got week 4 circled on your calendar yet, sexy?

Comment

Working...
                                X