Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I'm writing in our bass player for President.
      Huzzah! It's about time someone appreciated the bass player.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
        Going to NYC for the first time in over a decade - some Josh Groban play, my wife is gaga over him... Anyone recommend a place to eat, near the Imperial?
        I see good reviews for Glass House Tavern - decent prices, duck on the menu, cozy.
        A decade? Don't you live in LI? Where, Montauk?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          A decade? Don't you live in LI? Where, Montauk?
          We're not city people, and my wife is handicapped and can't walk very far. Besides, there is no shortage of very good restaurants near us - plus I love cooking.
          Any way, that Glass House sounds good - but just curious where you other folks have gone in that area?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            HAHAAAA Im voting for the puss snatcher.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jmike View Post
              Been quiet here for a while.

              So I will bring a little bit of good news. I've been out of the wheelchair permanently since Friday and should be able to walk unassisted completely within the month. They are fairly confident that I will not need further surgery or at least not until I am much older. First week I was able to get off this year and I have to say it was the worst vacation ever. I am looking forward to being able to walk to work again, SEPTA sucks.
              But can you scizz?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                But can you scizz?
                huh?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  huh?
                  This is the appropriate response for most of Dezz's posts.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    We're not city people, and my wife is handicapped and can't walk very far. Besides, there is no shortage of very good restaurants near us - plus I love cooking.
                    Any way, that Glass House sounds good - but just curious where you other folks have gone in that area?
                    geeze louise....way to take all the fun out of my ball busting, JR.

                    Imperial is in the theater district, right? I always like Carmine's, it's noisy and probably the furthest thing from quiet/cozy, but who doesn't love really well done family style Italian food? St Andrews is also a nice place around there. Interestingly, it's Scottish food. Good booze, good scotches, and a pretty cozy atmosphere. Lastly, Virgil's BBQ is always great food. Again, not particularly quiet but real good BBQ.

                    I've never been to Glass House but it looks pretty nice. I'd say St Andrews is probably the most similar to that

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      huh?
                      It's the standard mr garrison south park reference

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                        It's the standard mr garrison south park reference
                        Have you been watching the new season?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Have you been watching the new season?
                          Not yet. I will but I haven't had a chance yet to tune in

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Not yet. I will but I haven't had a chance yet to tune in
                            good stuff so far.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                              geeze louise....way to take all the fun out of my ball busting, JR.

                              Imperial is in the theater district, right? I always like Carmine's, it's noisy and probably the furthest thing from quiet/cozy, but who doesn't love really well done family style Italian food? St Andrews is also a nice place around there. Interestingly, it's Scottish food. Good booze, good scotches, and a pretty cozy atmosphere. Lastly, Virgil's BBQ is always great food. Again, not particularly quiet but real good BBQ.


                              I've never been to Glass House but it looks pretty nice. I'd say St Andrews is probably the most similar to that
                              Seems like it's impossible to get decent BBQ in the northeast. I've been to some half decent ones but nothing like I had in Memphis.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                                Seems like it's impossible to get decent BBQ in the northeast. I've been to some half decent ones but nothing like I had in Memphis.
                                Cause they can kill it an grill it. In NYC, they kill it, they freeze it, they ship it, then we grill it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X