This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest out of context thing a member of mine has ever said to me:

"Nah I sent em back! Did it hit my card yet?! I said QUILTED NORTHERN!?!? THEM ****S AINT COTTONELLE!!!"
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• is the NFL so Anti-Beckham right now, that they are just messing with the Giants?? It really seems that way, at least with the refs.

I'm still lost on that Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, where he was clearly off the field before taking his helmet off......nitpicky bull****.

And DRC getting called for a PI when he was the only one in position to make that catch??? You think a WR would get an offensive PI call for putting his hand behind him to feel where the defender was?! No, absolutely not. And that's what DRC did. He was the WR on that play.

I want the NFL to start acknowledging the horrible officiating. There's no excuse for it.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        is the NFL so Anti-Beckham right now, that they are just messing with the Giants?? It really seems that way, at least with the refs.

I'm still lost on that Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, where he was clearly off the field before taking his helmet off......nitpicky bull****.

And DRC getting called for a PI when he was the only one in position to make that catch??? You think a WR would get an offensive PI call for putting his hand behind him to feel where the defender was?! No, absolutely not. And that's what DRC did. He was the WR on that play.

I want the NFL to start acknowledging the horrible officiating. There's no excuse for it.
        The DRC PI was the worst call of that kind I've seen since the 89 divisional game against the Rams. As for Beckham, he is an attention seeking *****. He almost cost them the game after winning it for them because of his attention seeking bull****.

Comment

is the NFL so Anti-Beckham right now, that they are just messing with the Giants?? It really seems that way, at least with the refs.

At least it didn't effect the outcome of the game. How would you like to be the Falcons this morning with that horrible homer non-call?
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Hes such a ****ing moron Pizz. I knew it the second they threw the flag. Its ALWAYS gotta be about him. He took it off in the endzone. Plus getting on one knee proposing to the net. Amazing game but the guys a nutjob.
            DRC penalty was one of the worst Iv seen. He ran the wrs route. Someone mentioned it was the woman ref that threw the flag. Figures.
            Last edited by dezzzR; 10-17-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              Hes such a ****ing moron Pizz. I knew it the second they threw the flag. Its ALWAYS gotta be about him. He took it off in the endzone. Plus getting on one knee proposing to the net. Amazing game but the guys a nutjob.
              DRC penalty was one of the worst Iv seen. He ran the wrs route. Someone mentioned it was the women ref that threw the flag. Figures.
              ODB is a spectacular player but it's SO hard to root for him.
              Honestly in my 50 years as a Giants fan I can't remember any player that I didn't want to root for.....Until now.

Comment

• This seems like the only sanctuary where you can acknowledge ODB's skill and still dislike his outrageous, bizarre, childish, and self indulged antics without getting trashed and having your fanhood questioned. Perhaps this is the only 16+ section of the forums.

As for that PI, that was despicable. If we lost that game (and pretty much our season) I would have boycotted the NFL for the rest of the year.

Comment

• Beckham is a kid and he's acting like one.

Give him some time, I think he'll be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Beckham is a kid and he's acting like one.

Give him some time, I think he'll be ok.
                    You're close.

Beckham is a moron and he's acting like one.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      DRC penalty was one of the worst Iv seen. He ran the wrs route. Someone mentioned it was the woman ref that threw the flag. Figures.
                      The rule states you can't take your helmet off on the field. The highlight showed him already past the endzone. Not on the field. That's not worth arguing really, but....whatever.

The other stuff, I couldn't care less about......he's the playmaker and reason we won
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

The rule states you can't take your helmet off on the field. The highlight showed him already past the endzone. Not on the field. That's not worth arguing really, but....whatever.

The other stuff, I couldn't care less about......he's the playmaker and reason we won
                        Beyond the endzone is on the field. You are only supposed to take your helmet off on your sidelines.

Comment

• I must be the only fan that doesn't care about his "antics" I guess.

If he's keeping us in games, and being the player we need to win games? Then I don't care what these guys do.
                          He isn't breaking laws. He isn't killing people. Beating his girl.

We have a guy who could go down as one of the greats at the pace he's keeping. I hope I still know you guys in 30 years so I can remind you that you hated him lol

Oh, who am I kidding, Morehead will be dead by then lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            That's a part of your charm.
                            I have charm now?

Comment

The helmet thing is pretty cut and dry really. Rules state it is a penalty for taking helmet off on the field, which is considered anywhere that isn't your own sideline. I'm not going to get particularly annoyed with Odel on this one, but it was clearly a penalty.

Comment

I must be the only fan that doesn't care about his "antics" I guess.

If he's keeping us in games, and being the player we need to win games? Then I don't care what these guys do.
                                He isn't breaking laws. He isn't killing people. Beating his girl.

We have a guy who could go down as one of the greats at the pace he's keeping. I hope I still know you guys in 30 years so I can remind you that you hated him lol

Oh, who am I kidding, Morehead will be dead by then lol
                                I don't know that I care about his antics. I'm just saying it's hard to root for him.

And BTW....I'm friggin DONE with the kicking net antics. Time to move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X