This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byron View Post
    totally agree The whole thing is sad and I feel bad for the kids and wife ...but I look to football for fun and entertainment not what seems to be an endless stream of drama that goes on year after year of late.. The NFL really needs to walk the walk when comes to their hard *** policy talk " DV your out " end of story ... I hope I'm not coming across as heartless here get him of the team end the story ....
    Yea...getting wrapped up in things like this takes too much energy. Football is supposed to be fun to watch. the NFL is doing a good enough job by itself ruining it, so there's no need to spend TOO much time bickering about it, ya know?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      I understand it. It's not football related and it's a touchy subject that can easily veer off into a socio-political discussion.

"I think he should be cut immediately!!"

"OK"

Is there really more to say about it other than violent agreement?

The first person to say, "slow down, he recognized his issues and is sought help. He clearly back slid based on the latest incident and that should be addressed and yeah, he should not be a representative of the NY Giants but I commend the guy for getting help and recognizing the need to do so" is for sure going to get attacked and called a supporter of domestic abuse. I just don't see any positive upside to the conversation at all and I understand why the mods shut them all down.

Flame away
      Sure its football related. He plays in the NFL and is about to get suspended.
      I was under the impression that journal was a few years old. This didnt just happen.

"A positive upside to the conversation". Is this your safe place?

Comment

I don't like talking about it either. It's indefensible, what else is there to say?

I think leaving the threads open just encourages (not the right word) it becoming a soapbox issue in tagf with each poster one upping the next with his/her level of outrage. Who needs that on a football board? Not me.
        Yea, fun...when did you guys go soft?

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          I was under the impression that journal was a few years old. This didnt just happen.

You realize his stance is that leaving the topic open for supporting arguments is what he's against, right?
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Yea, fun...when did you guys go soft?
            lol soft?

soft would be defending a wifebeater because he's seeking help and admitted his wrongs.

Sarc is taking the opposite stance which sounds to be like "**** your excuses..."
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
              You realize his stance is that leaving the topic open for supporting arguments is what he's against, right?
              No **** man. Big friggin whoop. I dont know him and I dont know her so I really dont care. Maybe Im just callus or maybe people have this forced outrage. But to say people shouldnt talk about it because of the supporting arguments is soft, imho tbph.
              You cant handle a conversation?

Comment

It's football related to the extent that your hooker murdering is kitchen renovation related.

No positive upside to me means that this subject on this board is simply a SJW contest. Let me demonstrate what a wonderful human being I am by vehemently stating how I am anti domestic abuse.

Fabulous. Everybody who thinks Hitler was just misunderstood, step forward. Anyone? Anyone...?

Comment

No **** man. Big friggin whoop. I dont know him and I dont know her so I really dont care. Maybe Im just callus or maybe people have this forced outrage. But to say people shouldnt talk about it because of the supporting arguments is soft, imho tbph.
                  You cant handle a conversation?
                  I really don't are either way, much like you said. the story is a ****ing disaster, Brown is and was a known POS, so in all honestly, I really don't feel there's much to talk about? Idk, that's all I got for ya...
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It's football related to the extent that your hooker murdering is kitchen renovation related.

No positive upside to me means that this subject on this board is simply a SJW contest. Let me demonstrate what a wonderful human being I am by vehemently stating how I am anti domestic abuse.

Fabulous. Everybody who thinks Hitler was just misunderstood, step forward. Anyone? Anyone...?
                    LMAO

This is the best post ever
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I love when people for some reason think a logical POV is an unpopular POV, and then have to talk about it like they are ****ing edgy. Cracks me up.

"DAE think that Eli needs to protect the football better? I mean hear me out....less turnovers = more chance to win!"
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I don't like talking about it either. It's indefensible, what else is there to say?

I think leaving the threads open just encourages (not the right word) it becoming a soapbox issue in tagf with each poster one upping the next with his/her level of outrage. Who needs that on a football board? Not me.
                        I disagree, I think closing them is a mistake because it does not allow an outlet for the emotions of a group of enherently emotional people. Nothing wrong with raging a bit in a text based forum. If you deny a person that outlet, the frustration could lead to some choosing less healthy and productive alternatives. Denying ones ability to discuss and share their thoughts and emotions only inflames any situation.

If you don't want to see or be a part of the conversation, you have the option of clicking on the next thread. The person who does want to discuss it is left with no options. And don't say they can go to another forum, this is the community in which they are comfortable, some random board to which they have no connection will not provide the outlet they need.

It is also being discussed on every NFL and official team message board without being locked or shut down, except the place it is most relevant. Here.

Don't think I am bashing the MODs, I am not, they are just doing what they are instructed to. I am frustated with the person who didn't message the mods and tell them to allow the discussion because many of their fans will likely want to talk about it. Short sighted and self serving.

Comment

We're comparing the giants kicker to a genocidal maniac now? Maybe da furher can kick our field goals from now on. I heard they call him DAS BOOOT!!

My opinion is people should be able to discuss anything.

Comment

SJW?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              the story is a ****ing disaster,
                              Is it though? Is it?

Comment

My opinion is people should be able to discuss anything.
                                100%

Comment

Working...
                                X