This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    My opinion is people should be able to discuss anything.
    Cant say I disagree necessarily....but, the discussions on things like this become so toxic, because there really shouldn't be two sides lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Josh brown will make my all scumbag team. I needed a kicker.

Comment

Yea, fun...when did you guys go soft?
        It hasn't happened yet but I hear it starts in late sixties/early seventies...

Comment

• Also wanted to let eneyone know I shot a 54 which is par at covered bridge disc golf course in orefield PA, yesterday. I should go pro to be honest.

Comment

No **** man. Big friggin whoop. I dont know him and I dont know her so I really dont care. Maybe Im just callus or maybe people have this forced outrage. But to say people shouldnt talk about it because of the supporting arguments is soft, imho tbph.
            You cant handle a conversation?
            The conversation is pointless; that's my point. Who is gonna disagree that domestic abuse is inexcusable?

It's a woodie fest. A contest of feigned outrage over strangers' lives.

I would figure an anti-PC mofo like yourself would recognize this for the phony kumbaya circle jerk it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              The conversation is pointless; that's my point. Who is gonna disagree that domestic abuse is inexcusable?

I would figure an anti-PC mofo like yourself would recognize this for the phony kumbaya circle jerk it is.
              You can make the same argument for every Eli thread created then haha

I am antipc. Thats why I think its bs to suspend someone who was never charged. Now some old journal comes out where he admits he has problems and his vilified even more. Now hes not playing Sunday due to "public pressure"(Even though I think most people dont really give a ****). Thats about as pc as it gets

Comment

• Anyone else concerned if this will cost us a game or two down the road ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

There is more to the topic as it relates to the Giants, Brown , the NFL, the media, local law enforcement, etc.... than simple for or against DV. There is much that can be discussed even amoung those who all agree that DV is bad, which includes everybody. Since those who are pro DV surely won't admit it.

Comment

truth

I am antipc. Thats why I think its bs to suspend someone who was never charged. Now some old journal comes out where he admits he has problems and his vilified even more. Now hes not playing Sunday due to "public pressure"(Even though I think most people dont really give a ****). Thats about as pc as it gets
                    Sorry, but there are many reasons abusers are never charged, most often it is not because they didn't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                      Anyone else concerned if this will cost us a game or two down the road ?
                      No, it might cost us a game or two, but I'm not concerned about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        No, it might cost us a game or two, but I'm not concerned about it.
                        I think Gould will be ok hopefully. Obviously Brown had to go and the Giants handled this poorly but he was an excellent kicker.

Comment

• Giants just resigned Christian Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            I disagree, I think closing them is a mistake because it does not allow an outlet for the emotions of a group of enherently emotional people. Nothing wrong with raging a bit in a text based forum. If you deny a person that outlet, the frustration could lead to some choosing less healthy and productive alternatives. Denying ones ability to discuss and share their thoughts and emotions only inflames any situation.

If you don't want to see or be a part of the conversation, you have the option of clicking on the next thread. The person who does want to discuss it is left with no options. And don't say they can go to another forum, this is the community in which they are comfortable, some random board to which they have no connection will not provide the outlet they need.

It is also being discussed on every NFL and official team message board without being locked or shut down, except the place it is most relevant. Here.

Don't think I am bashing the MODs, I am not, they are just doing what they are instructed to. I am frustated with the person who didn't message the mods and tell them to allow the discussion because many of their fans will likely want to talk about it. Short sighted and self serving.
                            That's a valid thoughtful opinion, imo but again, not here. No one is denying them an outlet.

To me it's just an appropriateness thing. Is it tangentially connect to football? Sure. Is it necessary for that discussion to be here? Probably not. I used to go to PTA meetings. I never felt compelled to regale the audience with chapter and verse details of the kid's conception.

There's a million places these emotional people can go talk about this issue. Have at it, it doesn't need to be on a football board.

Comment

We're comparing the giants kicker to a genocidal maniac now? Maybe da furher can kick our field goals from now on. I heard they call him DAS BOOOT!!

My opinion is people should be able to discuss anything.

I was attempting to invoke Goodwin's Law.

Comment

I agree. So let's have a hundred threads about how much we agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X