X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    truth

Sorry, but there are many reasons abusers are never charged, most often it is not because they didn't do it.
    Im not saying that at all. He did it. He admitted it. My thing is he was never charged, therefor why should he be suspended?
    Is the league going to start handing down punishments based on public opinion from now on? Because thats what happened here and in the Rice case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      That's a valid thoughtful opinion, imo but again, not here. No one is denying them an outlet.

To me it's just an appropriateness thing. Is it tangentially connect to football? Sure. Is it necessary for that discussion to be here? Probably not. I used to go to PTA meetings. I never felt compelled to regale the audience with chapter and verse details of the kid's conception.

There's a million places these emotional people can go talk about this issue. Have at it, it doesn't need to be on a football board.
      Here is the thing, We have below average moderators on this site. Some of them cause more issues than fix them. I honestly believe some of them view being a mod as a way of being an authority figure to possibly make up for not being able to do this to anyone away for the computer screen

Comment

• I mean have any of you ever seen mods like Diehard on here? The guy looks for trouble, so does YA and others. We should protest, id like to form
        a group called "regular posters lives matter"

Comment

There is more to the topic as it relates to the Giants, Brown , the NFL, the media, local law enforcement, etc.... than simple for or against DV. There is much that can be discussed even amoung those who all agree that DV is bad, which includes everybody. Since those who are pro DV surely won't admit it.
          I agree; point me to all those threads. So far I've only 100 threads saying."this guy needs to be cut".

I concur!

Me too!

Me three! I hate the Romans too!

Comment

SJW?
            Social Justice Warrior

Comment

I agree; point me to all those threads. So far I've only 100 threads saying."this guy needs to be cut".

I concur!

Me too!

whats going on here this morning ..

Comment

That's a valid thoughtful opinion, imo but again, not here. No one is denying them an outlet.

To me it's just an appropriateness thing. Is it tangentially connect to football? Sure. Is it necessary for that discussion to be here? Probably not. I used to go to PTA meetings. I never felt compelled to regale the audience with chapter and verse details of the kid's conception.

There's a million places these emotional people can go talk about this issue. Have at it, it doesn't need to be on a football board.
                Sorry, but you are wrong. It is not tangentially connected to football. It is directly connected to football as this incident directly impacts the play on the field. The Giants will now need to go with a lesser kicker because of this incident. This effects both the ultimate record of the team, its play-off chances and has salary cap ramifications. It is like saying the hornets nest in the closet is tagentially related to being stung.

Comment

Just Pizz. The rest are mehh.

Comment

I agree. So let's have a hundred threads about how much we agree.
                    There wouldn't be 100 threads if they left one open and if new ones open they can merge them.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Im not saying that at all. He did it. He admitted it. My thing is he was never charged, therefor why should he be suspended?
                      Is the league going to start handing down punishments based on public opinion from now on? Because thats what happened here and in the Rice case.
                      Yes, that is exactly what they do.

Here is how I explained it on another thread.

The NFL has shown that guilt does not factor when deciding on consequences. Only revenue impact matters. For example, Ben didn't get more of a punishment because it was decided by the number crunchers that having Ben out would have a greater negative impact on revenue than allowing him to play despite the negative press and feelings towards him. Just like Rice was allowed to play until the public saw the video and his performance was declining.

The Giants are having a rough time with their fans right now because of disappointing seasons. They have a tough decision to make at a critical part of the season. Which will negatively impact their revenue more, keeping Brown despite public uproar or going with a lesser kicker which may lead to a couple more loses? Obviously they felt that as long as this information that they had didn't get out, the impact of the uproar would be mitigated. Now that it is out they need to re-evaluate. It'll take them some time to do the forecasts, but I think we will know today which decision they feel will be more profitable.

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what they do.

Here is how I explained it on another thread.
                        And thats where my beef is darlin'

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                          Social Justice Warrior
                          never heard the term

Comment

I concur!

Me too!

can't they get locked once the discussion goes beyond he should be cut

Comment

Sorry, but you are wrong. It is not tangentially connected to football. It is directly connected to football as this incident directly impacts the play on the field. The Giants will now need to go with a lesser kicker because of this incident. This effects both the ultimate record of the team, its play-off chances and has salary cap ramifications. It is like saying the hornets nest in the closet is tagentially related to being stung.

You don't need to be sorry over having a different opinion; that's all these are.

I don't agree with you but I wouldn't presume to say your opinion is wrong. You're no more wrong in your opinion than I am. These threads aren't about kickers or better kickers, they're about self validating nonsense and nothing more. Did a valid thread about a new kicker get locked unnecessarily because it got caught in the big net? Probably. So what, it was just a matter of a few posts before it became the same circle jerk as the rest of them.

Comment

never heard the term
                                I had to look it up ...

Comment

Working...
                                X