X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    And thats where my beef is darlin'
    The NFL is not putting him in jail. Just like any company, if your pubic behavior reflects poorly on the company you work for to the point where it effects the bottom line of the company, you will be fired. This is no different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      You don't need to be sorry over having a different opinion; that's all these are.

I don't agree with you but I wouldn't presume to say your opinion is wrong. You're no more wrong in your opinion than I am. These threads aren't about kickers or better kickers, they're about self validating nonsense and nothing more. Did a valid thread about a new kicker get locked unnecessarily because it got caught in the big net? Probably. So what, it was just a matter of a few posts before it became the same circle jerk as the rest of them.
      Some of the threads are about the circle jerk, but it does not mean the topic is tangentially related. This is not a place to discuss domestic violence, but it is a place to dicuss how the Giants and the NFL handle instances of domestic violence related to their employees.

Comment

You don't need to be sorry over having a different opinion; that's all these are.

I don't agree with you but I wouldn't presume to say your opinion is wrong. You're no more wrong in your opinion than I am. These threads aren't about kickers or better kickers, they're about self validating nonsense and nothing more. Did a valid thread about a new kicker get locked unnecessarily because it got caught in the big net? Probably. So what, it was just a matter of a few posts before it became the same circle jerk as the rest of them.
        And people seem to get mad at each other because of their opinion ... Oh well

Comment

• https://youtu.be/J3cnaNMk9tk

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            Yea...getting wrapped up in things like this takes too much energy. Football is supposed to be fun to watch. the NFL is doing a good enough job by itself ruining it, so there's no need to spend TOO much time bickering about it, ya know?
            Yeah something like this..

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
              The NFL is not putting him in jail. Just like any company, if your pubic behavior reflects poorly on the company you work for to the point where it effects the bottom line of the company, you will be fired. This is no different.
              And he was punished. Now hes being punished again. For what? How long? Why now? Theres no rhyme or reason other than to please the mob.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                I had to look it up ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LdmBqJLYcU

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                  Some of the threads are about the circle jerk, but it does not mean the topic is tangentially related. This is not a place to discuss domestic violence, but it is a place to dicuss how the Giants and the NFL handle instances of domestic violence related to their employees.

I agree, that would make it directly related. But thus far I have seen no discussions about that. The Robbie Gould thread is just barely hanging on because some heroes just have to post their maverick views about how domestic violence is bad.

I agree with your point but those discussions require a significantly higher level of maturity than exists on these boards.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                    And people seem to get mad at each other because of their opinion ... Oh well

Exactly. That's why I believe it is pointless, B. Even dezz's view which is inherently reasonable would be shouted down immediately because some dimwit would come along and accuse him of being a domestic violence enabler. Even though he has said nothing of the sort and has clearly checked the obligatory box that he hates the romans too. That has nothing to do with football.

Comment

And he was punished. Now hes being punished again. For what? How long? Why now? Theres no rhyme or reason other than to please the mob.
                      Back off, Chris Brown.

Comment

• Oh man... I can't even

ok I'm done with the DV discussion hope I didn't offend anyone I made my stand and I'm not moving !

Comment

Exactly. That's why I believe it is pointless, B. Even dezz's view which is inherently reasonable would be shouted down immediately because some dimwit would come along and accuse him of being a domestic violence enabler. Even though he has said nothing of the sort and has clearly checked the obligatory box that he hates the romans too. That has nothing to do with football.
                          well he called us soft this morning ! A guy has feelings ya know being my sixty's and all

I'm with ya ****ing romans !

Comment

I agree, that would make it directly related. But thus far I have seen no discussions about that. The Robbie Gould thread is just barely hanging on because some heroes just have to post their maverick views about how domestic violence is bad.

I agree with your point but those discussions require a significantly higher level of maturity than exists on these boards.
                            And I think that is because of the childish way they treat the board members. If you treat people like children they act like children. I participate in several unmoderated boards (this one is for when I am at work) and the maturaity level of the populace and discussions far exceed what you find here; with nobody telling them what they can and cannot talk about or any risk of banning for whatever reason. They allow the members to police themselves.

Comment

You can make the same argument for every Eli thread created then haha

I am antipc. Thats why I think its bs to suspend someone who was never charged. Now some old journal comes out where he admits he has problems and his vilified even more. Now hes not playing Sunday due to "public pressure"(Even though I think most people dont really give a ****). Thats about as pc as it gets
                              Pretty sure he got suspended just for getting arrested. It's a PR thing.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                Pretty sure he got suspended just for getting arrested. It's a PR thing.
                                Ok fine, but whys he getting kicked off the team now?

Comment

Working...
                                X