This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
    I find it so frustrating on here. People say things they don't really mean and get upset when I take them literally or ask for clarification. Or when I am joking around with somebody, I find myself apologizing all the time because I didn't know they were actually being offended. I could make a very long list of people I unintentially offended in the last few months. How the **** am I supposed to know?

ugh
    I used to apologize all the time for Idk everything ! Well I ain't doing it anymore !! It is sometime very hard to tell someone's tone from text probably impossible... We used to have red text option which helped some .. the little emoticon thingies can be helpful also ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      chicken/turkey pot pie is kiiiiinda the jimmyjamjumpoff
      huh?

Do a lamb pie, always good. Sheppards pie, I recommend mixing beef an mutton in that.

Comment

Oh, how about a meat pie? If you have a nearby grocery store they may have one in their frozen or prepared food sections that would be good. I made a turkey pot pie over the weekend and took a piece to work today.
        My wife makes that usually after thanksgiving with the left overs that stuff is coming right up

Comment

No, being serious.

I'm just stupid about these things.
          nah its hard to tell some times your good

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
            I used to apologize all the time for Idk everything ! Well I ain't doing it anymore !! It is sometime very hard to tell someone's tone from text probably impossible... We used to have red text option which helped some .. the little emoticon thingies can be helpful also ...
            Well, it is rarely my intention to offend somebody and if I did (unintentianally) I apologize. I had this running gag w/ analyst, which he seemed to be playing along with when he was actually getting insulted by my ribbing of him. I felt awful. Couple of months of just insulting this guy and I had no idea. I can't not apologize.

Now if I did want to insult or offend him, I wouldn't apologize. I used to get in so much trouble as a kid with my parents because I absolutely refused to apologize if I wasn't actually sorry. "I'm not saying sorry!" "But you pulled your sister's hair and it hurt her." "That is why I pulled her hair, I'm not sorry." that kinda thing; never really grew out of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
              There are some really good Indian places in Hicksville.
              Iv seen some places in New Hyde Park as well. Should give them a try.

Comment

Well, it is rarely my intention to offend somebody and if I did (unintentianally) I apologize. I had this running gag w/ analyst, which he seemed to be playing along with when he was actually getting insulted by my ribbing of him. I felt awful. Couple of months of just insulting this guy and I had no idea. I can't not apologize.

Now if I did want to insult or offend him, I wouldn't apologize. I used to get in so much trouble as a kid with my parents because I absolutely refused to apologize if I wasn't actually sorry. "I'm not saying sorry!" "But you pulled your sister's hair and it hurt her." "That is why I pulled her hair, I'm not sorry." that kinda thing; never really grew out of that.
                you didn't offend me..... Sarc and I were joking about the 60's age thing ... your ok Jenn you saw your mistake with Analyst and apologized all you can do ..
                Last edited by byron; 10-21-2016, 01:54 PM.

Comment

But seriously, get indian. Tiki Masala is very good, or Saag or my fave is Lamb Roganjosh.
                  Don't listen to her pizz, a buffalo chicken cheesesteak is the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                    Don't listen to her pizz, a buffalo chicken cheesesteak is the way to go.
                    pfft

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      you didn't offend me..... Sarc and I were joking about the 60's age thing ... your ok Jenn you saw your mistake with Analyst and apologized all you can do ..
                      She shouldn't have to apologize. It's easy to tell she is playing around when she takes what people say literally. She knows what they mean she is just giving them a hard time. That's a highly intelligent woman on the other end of these posts she isn't confused by what they are saying.

Comment

pfft
                        I can't say I don't like Indian food, because I've never tried it but none of their dishes look appealing.

Comment

She shouldn't have to apologize. It's easy to tell she is playing around when she takes what people say literally. She knows what they mean she is just giving them a hard time. That's a highly intelligent woman on the other end of these posts she isn't confused by what they are saying.
                          Sometimes I am playing around, most of the time I am not, particularly lately. I may be smarter than average in some ways, but I have never been very good at communication or more to the point the nuances of it. Which is why I tend to be fairly direct, or as my sister calls it "tactless."

Comment

I can't say I don't like Indian food, because I've never tried it but none of their dishes look appealing.
                            Try one of the ones I reccomended. Or butter chicken, that tends to be popular but not to my tastes. Tandoor is very good too. You should go out and try it.

Comment

• Morroccan is also very good, there is a place near here I sometimes go after work, but it isn't take out type food. They have a really nice roast rabbit.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                chicken/turkey pot pie is kiiiiinda the jimmyjamjumpoff
                                chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot pie!

Comment

Working...
                                X