X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Anyone watch Westworld?
    Yup, but I didn't see ep 4 yet. Crazy show.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
      The weather sucks ! I have all this stuff to do and its damp and cold out ..I need sunshine !!
      Ain't no sunshiiiiiine when shes goooooooooone
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        At least you can be outside, I am in a closet sized office with little to no airflow. I so prefer the other office, but I have to take a train outside the city to get there and Septa is a big PITA.
        Yeah I know, once I got out there I was good and finished up the plow truck .. The blue truck " daily driver" needed an inspection sticker, so I fixed a couple blown bulbs took it to service garage and it passed.. So couple things off the to do list...I still have 3 acres of leaves to clean up , put some fire wood in the basement , and get the tractors put away and I'll be done with the fall chores .. I get a little anxious this time of year cause I know **** weather is coming and I want to be ready then just sit back and stay warm...

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Ain't no sunshiiiiiine when shes goooooooooone
          She popped in and out after about a hour ... It's those changes in latitudes, Changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same

Comment

YAH! Well...um the little red lines under my mispellings stopped showing after my last update. So just be happy you didn't have to deal with it sooner.
            You're right; I feel so much better now.

Comment

Pellet stoves are nice .. When I replaced my old wood furnace I looked at the Harman forced hot air pellet furnace... I couldn't justify the price , that and pellets running 4 bucks a bag is twice what I pay for stove wood. Even with that I almost made the move simply because of the convenience of pellets "handling ,storage, less mess ,no bugs, etc.

Good luck with the show .. Your mention of open D reminded of "drop d tuning" I was messing with a few years ago loved the sound I was getting . I didn't stick with it as I remember may have been limits to the tuning.. Something one would use for a song or two...

Unless you're Neil Young, then you use it for a song or two or three dozen

The pellet stove came with the house so it's dead money to me and we really like it. It's like a lazy man's fireplace. I bought the pellets almost two years ago. I got such a good deal on pacific northwest hardwood pellets that I think I bought five tons. It also may have been the only way to get the unit cost down to where I wanted it.

Which also explains why I now have to haul bags from the storage barn to the house garage once a season. I console myself with the idea that it's a good workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Anyone watch Westworld?
                I plan to but haven't started yet.

Comment

She popped in and out after about a hour ... It's those changes in latitudes, Changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same
                  Um...who is Jimmy Buffet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Unless you're Neil Young, then you use it for a song or two or three dozen

The pellet stove came with the house so it's dead money to me and we really like it. It's like a lazy man's fireplace. I bought the pellets almost two years ago. I got such a good deal on pacific northwest hardwood pellets that I think I bought five tons. It also may have been the only way to get the unit cost down to where I wanted it.

Which also explains why I now have to haul bags from the storage barn to the house garage once a season. I console myself with the idea that it's a good workout.
                    I'm a big Young fan and really liked his early stuff that he done acoustically.. I didn't realize he used drop d in his work.. That may explain why it was hard to cover some of his stuff.. I'm drawn to minor scales /chords I love augmented chords.. I'm starting to get over my head " I play by ear" The drop d tuning adds that twist to a major chord that I like .. I won't go any deeper man ..lol I'll try come up with a song that has the sound I'm talking about ..forgive my ignorance ...
                    Pellet stoves are great buying bulk and in the offseason is the way to go... New stove technology driven by the new EPA standards/laws is bringing us some pretty clean burners these days... gasification is the way its headed...anyway I'll stop..haha may need to visit the arborist site ...you man Sarc

These days you can get the chords/tuning for any song there is ...I just don't seem to find the time got my sons Martin here in the case...Idk
                    Last edited by byron; 10-27-2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

How you get that.. haha I was playing along with JP

Comment

At least you can be outside, I am in a closet sized office with little to no airflow. I so prefer the other office, but I have to take a train outside the city to get there and Septa is a big PITA.
                        Not sure what type of building and HVAC system you have there - but have you talked to whoever maintains it? We have variable air volume systems and computer control over everything, here. I can make papers fly around the room, if that's what people in the offices want.

Comment

• ack! the snow is sticking already!
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            ack! the snow is sticking already!
                            Snowed again here ugh!! Not ready for this ****!
                            sigpic

Comment

Cheeseburger in paradise?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                                Not sure what type of building and HVAC system you have there - but have you talked to whoever maintains it? We have variable air volume systems and computer control over everything, here. I can make papers fly around the room, if that's what people in the offices want.
                                My office doesn't have a vent. It literally used to be a closet, that was convereted to a powder room, that was converted to a "break room" which consisted of a small fridge and coffee maker and is now my office. I want ventalation, I put a fan in the doorway.

Comment

Working...
                                X