X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAAAAAY!!!!! SNOW!

I love the winter.

Though the city better not pull the same nonsense they did last year. They ran a plow down the street to push all the snow onto the sidewalk and had an ordinance officer following behind it to write violations for not having the sidewalk clear.

Comment

• ughh i want snow....

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
        YAAAAAY!!!!! SNOW!

I love the winter.

Though the city better not pull the same nonsense they did last year. They ran a plow down the street to push all the snow onto the sidewalk and had an ordinance officer following behind it to write violations for not having the sidewalk clear.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          what?

Comment

what?
            Nothing, that's just pretty darn shady....
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Nothing, that's just pretty darn shady....
              I had just finished shovelling when they did it, was up all night and kept clearing it away with how bad that snowstorm was. The plow comes through just as I had put my shovel away to go to work. I am standing there cursing at the plow and about to get my shovel and the guy hands me the violation. I argued with him and he admitted that he saw the plow come through and it was shovelled before it did, but everyone was getting the same violation because this is what he was told to do. He said that if I fought it and went into court I would win, but he said the city counts on people would rather pay the violation than lose a whole day at the court house. Which he is right, the income I'd lose going there would far exceed the violation fee. So like a chump, I paid it.

Comment

I had just finished shovelling when they did it, was up all night and kept clearing it away with how bad that snowstorm was. The plow comes through just as I had put my shovel away to go to work. I am standing there cursing at the plow and about to get my shovel and the guy hands me the violation. I argued with him and he admitted that he saw the plow come through and it was shovelled before it did, but everyone was getting the same violation because this is what he was told to do. He said that if I fought it and went into court I would win, but he said the city counts on people would rather pay the violation than lose a whole day at the court house. Which he is right, the income I'd lose going there would far exceed the violation fee. So like a chump, I paid it.
                Philthydelpha.....color me shocked. The city of brotherly go **** yourself.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• They diliberately targeted streets with narrower sidewalks on the no parking side of the street. That way the plows would get full coverage.

Comment

• Area I'm in is holding trick or treat night tonight! Why not Friday night ? What kind of sick township holds this on a weeknight ?

Comment

• More annoying accent, New York or Boston ?

Comment

Philthydelpha.....color me shocked. The city of brotherly go **** yourself.
                        The city government is beyond terrible. Their current tax policies are actively pushing businesses and business owners out of the city, while keeping it relatively inexpensive to live in the city(unless you own a business), except for the 3.9% city wage tax for residents. Long term goal based on their actions seems to be, create a city with a lot of people living there and no jobs. Sounds like a great plan to me, waddya think?
                        Last edited by jmike; 10-27-2016, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                          More annoying accent, New York or Boston ?
                          I don't find either annoying, in fact I like the Boston accent and even picked up a bit of it while living there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ztown View Post
                            More annoying accent, New York or Boston ?
                            Boston, easily.

Then again, I don't think NY has an accent unless you're referring to specific boroughs or ethnicities.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Boston, easily.

Then again, I don't think NY has an accent unless you're referring to specific boroughs or ethnicities.
                              I'd have to agree. Both are less annoying than Jersey accents.

Comment

They diliberately targeted streets with narrower sidewalks on the no parking side of the street. That way the plows would get full coverage.
                                Well they don't plow our side streets until last. They say they need to get the main roads first but what the **** good is that if you can't get off your street. By the time I'm done shoveling my driveway they plow the snow back in front of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X